Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: I CAN'T BE BOTHERED NOW  (Read 44749 times)

Miss Karen

Re:I CAN'T BE BOTHERED NOW
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2007, 08:53:10 AM »

The paint manufacturers add female bug pheromones that attract the male bugs and they screw up your paint job and you then go buy more paint. The government has known about this, but significant campaign contributions to the "right people" have kept the practice secret.

der Brucer

Speaking of conspiracy theories -- this one is true:  During the early 1940s during an experiment gone wrong -- one being conducted by the government during WWW II to create a new race of uber human war machines to spread conservative views of imperialism and dominance across the world -- a boy escaped.  They could never track him down.  Word is he was adopted by a family named Cheney (who already had children of their own -- among them a son named Richard, but who they called Dick because they believed it fit his personality better).  Anywhoo, this boy grew up with all the Cheneys under their mentorship (he was really close to Dick).  Today, there are no official records for this guy, but he is part of Homeland Security (and rumored to be Bush's BFF).  He's a plant on popular chat websites, where he can monitor the American Public for the government.  His MO is that he's a master of cut and paste (the info and photos are usually accredited to reliable sources, but in reality are just made-up stuff that the government gives him to feed to the readers) and he has a pet peeve about people who use "your" when it should be "you're" (and other grammatical errors along that line)...

People, I swear this is the gospel.  An article about it is coming out in this week's National Enquirer...

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2007, 08:53:19 AM »

Jose I don't know.  We stayed in Hagerstown.

Miss Karen

« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2007, 08:54:45 AM »

der Brucer Cut and Paste Dance for Page 4!  

Jane

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »

It was handy having Keith & home with the computer to find a Hotel 6 & a PetCo for us.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2007, 08:55:23 AM »

DR Jane - Welcome home!  And welcome back to HHW too!

*And I'm glad you did not experience the hills and mountains...  Are you sure you took I-270/70?  ;)

What in Maryland and PA are called "Mountains" in California and Oregon are called "bumps the the road".

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2007, 08:58:31 AM »

and he has a pet peeve about people who use "your" when it should be "you're"

A mistake I regularly make - ask Tomovoz!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »

der Brucer Cut and Paste Dance for Page 4!  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2007, 09:03:18 AM »

What in Maryland and PA are called "Mountains" in California and Oregon are called "bumps the the road".

der Brucer

You've got it!  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2007, 09:04:51 AM »

Question for BK:

In television fall seasons past, what show did you most looking forward to that turned out to be the biggest disappointment?

The Tammy Grimes Show - I was completely smitten with her, and I couldn't wait for this show to come on.  And it was awful, and she was awful on camera and it was a grand disappointment.  

Amazing Stories - was really looking forward to it because of the hype and the people involved - imagine my surprise when it turned out to be one of the biggest pieces of crap ever done on television - not one redeeming episode.

That's Life - the first musical comedy TV series - a great idea undone by bad scripts and not so great songs.  I did like Bobby Morse and E.J. Peaker, though.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2007, 09:05:12 AM »

DR DerBrucer - Why?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2007, 09:05:30 AM »

I have a question for BK and all the Dear Readers:

Why is it that when one paints, the little flying bugs come and affix themselves to the new paint?

They do it to BUG you, of course.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2007, 09:07:40 AM »

ASK BK DAY

When will the DVD of The Creature Wasn't Nice be released?

a) when I can afford it
b) when Nick Redman has some free time to do the documentary
c) when I can afford it.

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2007, 09:10:38 AM »

I am relieved to find that Pakistanmusic Radio 24/7 Pure Hits is back on the air. It is making my work day mush nicer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2007, 09:11:15 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2007, 09:11:24 AM »

And another question: Why are there SO MANY grasshoppers around in Phoenix lately?

Ewwwww....are THEY sticking to your fresh paint, too?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2007, 09:11:49 AM »

DR SWW - You're welcome for the IACP link.  When I first became a member of The Good Cook Book Club - one of the various spin-offs of the Book of the Month Club - they would have these special flyers featuring the winners of the Beard Foundation and IACP awards.  Hmm... What are these? and I guess I should add them to my library.  ;)

-And if those flyers happened to coincide with a 1/2 price and free shipping and handling sale, well...

My understanding is that there is a slightly different focus on the books that each organization chooses to evaluate.  Yes, there is some overlap, but I also understand that they purposely try to spread the wealth as it were.  In any case, I've been introduced to many new cookbooks via the honors, as well as been prompted to give some cookbooks more than just a cursory glance in the bookstore.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2007, 09:13:15 AM »

I am relieved to find that Pakistanmusic Radio 24/7 Pure Hits is back on the air. It is making my work day mush nicer.

You know, I believe there are also some Broadway and Showtunes channels on the internet.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2007, 09:13:49 AM »

Mush nicer?  Is that an editorial comment?     ;)

How are your co-workers dealing with this development?

:)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2007, 09:18:47 AM »

I was no where near southern NJ yesterday...

I just hope that the fire is brought under control soon.  And I'm wondering how this is all going to play out in the next couple of days in regards to the liability of the Air Force National Guard.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2007, 09:19:20 AM »

NEW CBS SEASON

I'm looking for ward to:

Cane: Jimmy Smits (West Wing) stars in this drama about a Cuban-American family that "explores the American dream, past, present, and future." The story follows two rival families that have built an empire in the sugar and rum industries. Smits will be joined by Hector Elizondo (Chicago Hope) and Rita Moreno.

and

Moonlight: Formerly known as Twilight, this one centers on a private investigator/vampire. Yes, stodgy old CBS is making a vampire P.I. show. Alex O'Loughlin stars as the vampire investigator and the story will revolve around his struggles with immortality, feuds with adversaries in the vampire world, and a romance with a mortal. Along for the ride are Amber Valetta (Transporter 2), Rade Serbedzija (24), Shannon Lucio (The O.C.), and James Black (All Of Us).

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2007, 09:19:30 AM »

PACIFIC BLUE - a rip off of Baywatch - even worse!

"Pacific Blue" was never a major network show.  It was USA Network.  And it was a police show and involved police issues.  The only similiarities between it and that lifeguard show was that the station was in a beach community in which bicycles were a more efficient and safe means of apprehending criminals.

And as long as Rick Rossovich was on it as the captain of the squad, it was a GREAT show, all things considered.  And IMO, of course.

When it "youthened up" with late-teen and early 20s cops, it lost ALL its viability for me.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:21:09 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2007, 09:21:34 AM »

DR DerBrucer - Why?

If you mean the sign - it's a carry over from a St Pat's exchange Karen and I had.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »

Here is an amusing review of The Creature Wasn't Nice CD, from south of the border down Meheeco way.  I especially like my new name -  or is that a character from Guys and Dolls?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=es_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbsospirit.com%2Fcomentarios%2Fnakedspace.php

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2007, 09:22:33 AM »

How come it does that?  What do I do to fix it?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2007, 09:24:27 AM »

1999 - We now have Eric Close on "Without a Trace", Dennis Haysbert on "The Unit" and Jamie Sheridan on "L&O-CI". Other supporting cast included:

Faith Prince
Chip Zion
John Goodman
Christine Baranski
Chad Lowe

It was one of my favorites!

der Brucer

Also, there was Margaret Colin and Heather Matarazzo who were wonderful as Eric Close/John Goodman's wife and daughter.

I do not rememeber Christine Baranski on the show at all.  Do you remember who she played?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2007, 09:24:55 AM »

I watched my DVD of "Becket" last night!

What a TREAT this restoration is.  It's not "perfect" in the sense that it was miraculously restored from a mid-60s quality to a state-of-the-art contemporary quality...but it's spectacular for a 43-year-old film and it looks really spiffy on my 37-inch HDTV screen!

The sound is great, and that Laurence Rosenthal underscore resonates much more for me now that I've seen the film with 43 years between viewings.

I totally appreciate the performances of John Gielgud, Pamela Brown and Martita Hunt more now than I did back when it was released.  Then, I was all about Burton and O'Toole and nothing else mattered.  

This is a supremely handsome production and the hallmark of Hal B. Wallis' career.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2007, 09:25:47 AM »

I was no where near southern NJ yesterday...

I just hope that the fire is brought under control soon.  And I'm wondering how this is all going to play out in the next couple of days in regards to the liability of the Air Force National Guard.

This is one Government "conspiracy" right out in the open!

der Brucer

There was a cute line on TV the other night:

"LA - it's just New Jersy with palm trees!"

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »

RE: AMERICAN IDOL.
Oh and i did not like some of the judges/producers choices. "Roxanne"? "She works hard for her money"?

Idolvotes has them "too close to call" with Melinda, Jordin and Blake separated by less than a point.  Zabasearch says it will post its predictions at Noon.

I agree wholeheartedly with your disappointment over song choices.  They were uniformly awful, I thought...but the judges and producers may have been wanting to see who could do well with the songs despite everything.  I particularly disliked the producers' choice for Melinda...that Ike and Tina Turner song "Nut House" something-or-other.  There wasn't much to it and the song wasn't a showcase for vocals at all.  They ALL did well, I thought, given their gifts.

singdaw

« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2007, 09:40:48 AM »

Some of the questions and issues that have been raised regarding Spring Awakening are addressed HERE.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2007, 09:44:17 AM »

Here is an amusing review of The Creature Wasn't Nice CD, from south of the border down Meheeco way.  I especially like my new name -  or is that a character from Guys and Dolls?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=es_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbsospirit.com%2Fcomentarios%2Fnakedspace.php

Is THIS IT?

der Brucer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Up