Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: OBSESSION  (Read 3715 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: OBSESSION
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 07:40:57 AM »

Page Two.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2019, 07:42:44 AM »

Today is my first visit to my NEW regular doctor....since my Nurse Practitioner moved what he says is 15 minutes away....but it's a distance I've never covered in less than 45 minutes....

My new doctor does not have a Facebook page, so I do not know too much about him.  After I got the letter from my former NP, I went in to get my flu shot and Nu Doctor had his picture up in the lobby with a banner that said: "Accepting New Patients"....so there you are.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2019, 07:46:00 AM »

I enjoyed the play notes very much and am most interested in following the story.....

TOD:

Hmmmmm.....WILDCAT......I shall have to think about this.  I saw Frances Farmer do a comedy at the Avondale Playhouse....but I will have to see if I can find the program.....something about the parents trying to keep their daughter from making "the mistake" with her boyfriend.....but it turns out the mother did the same thing when she was young....it was quite the audience pleaser.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2019, 07:49:58 AM »

Ah apparently it is titled Yes, My Darling Daughter....

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2019, 07:54:01 AM »

DR Jane I have read the book The Hate U Give. But have not seen the movie yet. I will see it when the library gets it. I would read the book.  I am really looking forward to the author's new book that came out this week.

I was planning on reading the new book if I liked this one.  If Keith wants to see the movie I might not want to if I read the book. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 07:56:17 AM »

More on Peau d'âne:  Based on a fairytale by Charles Perrault, but uncesored like Sondheim's Cinderella.  The widowed king wants to marry his daughter, and she gets him to kill his donkey that shits gold and jewels and give her the magic donkey skin.  She flees to the enemy kingdom and bakes a cake for the Prince with her ring inside.  Prince vows to marry the girl whose finger fits the ring

All the girls in the kingdom mutilate their fingers to fit the ring.  See a pattern here? Suffice it to say that love wins out, war is averted, the fairy godmother who helped her escape arrives in a helicopter, Prince marries Princess, and king marries fairy godmother, finis!

The king wants to marry his own daghter!  :o

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2019, 08:15:19 AM »

The king wants to marry his own daughter!

[I haven't figured out this copy/paste thing on my cellphone yet.]

Some of the old fairy tales are not for children!
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 08:29:00 AM »

Wikipedia tells me some versions of Cinderella have this incest thing too.  Also Greek myth.  Also the Bible.  We are not the first generation to worry about it.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2019, 08:36:44 AM »

DR Jane I have read the book The Hate U Give. But have not seen the movie yet. I will see it when the library gets it. I would read the book.  I am really looking forward to the author's new book that came out this week.

My copy of the movie has come to the library.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2019, 08:42:01 AM »

TOD:
In high school there was a fun community theater production of Anything Goes I couldn’t get enough of. (It was the Eileen Rogers-Hal Linden version.)

Shakespeare in the Park productions of The Tempest, Merry Wives of Windsor, Hamlet and Macbeth. Saw the Hamlet five times in two weeks.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2019, 08:50:39 AM »

I was completely obsessed with the musical Blood Brothers when Petula Clark did it on Broadway.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2019, 09:20:16 AM »

I think the musical of "Oedipus" had the hit song "Mama, you're making eyes at me,"  isn't that right?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2019, 10:02:30 AM »

LOL DR FJL.....if it didn't it should have....or it will....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »

Flash floods and tornado warnings in the area.....and south of me....the drive to the doctor should be fun!

Ok.....tornado warnings expired.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2019, 10:03:49 AM »

Ground saturated with melted snow....so a couple of inches of rain with no place to go.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »

Home from City Center, and back tomorrow.  We finished Act One of I Married an Angel.  Joshie went to lunch at 1:30 and I came home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2019, 12:15:02 PM »

More on Peau d'âne:  Based on a fairytale by Charles Perrault, but uncesored like Sondheim's Cinderella.  The widowed king wants to marry his daughter, and she gets him to kill his donkey that shits gold and jewels and give her the magic donkey skin.  She flees to the enemy kingdom and bakes a cake for the Prince with her ring inside.  Prince vows to marry the girl whose finger fits the ring

All the girls in the kingdom mutilate their fingers to fit the ring.  See a pattern here? Suffice it to say that love wins out, war is averted, the fairy godmother who helped her escape arrives in a helicopter, Prince marries Princess, and king marries fairy godmother, finis!

I have the Demy film on DVD.  I do not remember a helicopter!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2019, 12:30:54 PM »

Annabelle's nose is fine this morning, and she ate breakfast, both good bits of news from 82nd Street.

Very good news, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2019, 12:31:11 PM »

Another bit of good news: I got an inquiry about doing an orchestration for my London conductor friend.

Great news and good luck, Larry!  Hope it pans out!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2019, 12:31:22 PM »

DR George I apologize for not saying hello back last night.  I was asleep.

No problem, Jane.  It happens to all of us. 8)

George

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2019, 12:31:31 PM »

George is it a problem for you that the reading is on a different night than you expected?

Not for this weekend.  Next weekend, I have things going on every night, but this weekend is completely free.

George

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2019, 12:31:40 PM »

Oh, my! :o

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2019, 12:46:03 PM »

Joshie doesn't need me tomorrow until 11:00, so I will go to my accountant and sign my tax forms.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2019, 01:01:34 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - nine and a half hours of sleep - first set of dreams, very disturbing, second set fun.

ChasSmith

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2019, 01:33:45 PM »

Oh, right. Dream #3, another of my epics within a single week. Not as "big" or complex as the other two. That first one about page turning was the clear winner.

But it's funny I should mention page turning. I just played through the Hello, Dolly! piano/celeste book. Visually, it's a thing of beauty. Well, relative beauty. But there's questionable piano scoring, and no such thing as a good page turn. Maybe one in every ten is a decent one -- and it isn't because they have you playing pretty much throughout. There was just literally zero thought to laying out these pages. Nada.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 02:15:00 PM by ChasSmith »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2019, 02:12:57 PM »

Page turning....

John G.

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2019, 02:17:24 PM »

I was completely obsessed with the musical Blood Brothers when Petula Clark did it on Broadway.

He killed his father,
That was patricide.
Then he took his mama
For a mattress ride.

From the CB Radio Theater production of Oedipus Rex
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2019, 02:19:12 PM »

I have the Demy film on DVD.  I do not remember a helicopter!

I do, too. Will have to watch this weekend.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »

Can we get off this page?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2019, 02:19:48 PM »

One more...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up