Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MEAT OF THINGS  (Read 20886 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE MEAT OF THINGS
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2008, 02:07:08 PM »

Sorry I've been so E and T lately. First it was the caucuses, then I was sick, then I had a couple of the busiest weeks at work I've had in ages and at the same time had a new assistant begin work. It's just been crazy!

Things are going well, though- just very busy

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »

Well, it appears we've had 3 murders here in the past week. That's amazing considering we go for years without any or maybe one or two. The saddest part is that 2 were killed by their step-father who told police he was casting a spell and it went wrong, they were 8 and 10 years old. The third is a teenage girl who went missing from a party about a week ago, right around the same time that the girls were murdered. They found her yesterday.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:19:50 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »

Cilla, glad to hear you are feeling better, have lots of work, and are pleased with your new assistant.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2008, 02:14:50 PM »

Cilla, glad to hear you are feeling better, have lots of work, and are pleased with your new assistant.

Thanks. That sums it up quite nicely

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2008, 02:16:41 PM »

Jane, have you seen The Kite Runner yet? I went last night and really enjoyed it. I know you loved the book and so did I. I highly recommend it

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2008, 02:18:05 PM »

And no, I'm not representing either of the accused murderers. The second one was arrested last night shortly after they found the body. I'm assuming they will both have public defenders.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2008, 02:29:34 PM »

Pretty much a wasted day today -- two meetings at church took up all morning and didn't seem to resolve anything. The butterfly association meeting was interesting. We learned about identifying butterflies.

Aren't you all excited?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »

Ginny take thermal underwear... What we are getting in ND starting this week will be heading east and south...

Think I'll have to shop for that when I get there.  We don't have much need for such here in SW Ohio.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »

I've been in the other end of the house, untrimming the Christmas tree (yeah, I know, it's Jan. 12).  While doing so, I finished watching Show Business:  The Road to Broadway, which I'd started last night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »

DR Cillaliz, you've been missed around here lately!

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2008, 02:41:15 PM »

Think I'll have to shop for that when I get there.  We don't have much need for such here in SW Ohio.

Cuddle Duds or is it Cuddleduds. Anyway, they are absolutely the best thermal underwear for everyday use. Very thin so you aren't uncomfortable in your regular clothes

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2008, 02:42:36 PM »

DR Cillaliz, you've been missed around here lately!

Thanks Ginny.  So i haven't read all of the posts, where are you going....north of Ohio and east of Fargo I presume - Wisconsin or Michigan maybe? Or Canada?

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2008, 02:43:32 PM »

I'm still waiting for the garage door tech. I think I'll give him  a call and see if he's still coming.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2008, 02:45:30 PM »

Cuddle Duds or is it Cuddleduds. Anyway, they are absolutely the best thermal underwear for everyday use. Very thin so you aren't uncomfortable in your regular clothes

I've got mine on.  Sometimes I wear layer one on top of the other, a shorter sleeved one underneath.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2008, 02:48:19 PM »

Cilla, THE KITE RUNNER is now playing in town. Before we go, we need to check out which theater it is in.  We don't enjoy sitting in the back theaters.  Since it just came out we can wait to see it.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.  This is one of the rare times I'm looking forward to a film from a book I loved.

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2008, 02:50:43 PM »

Thanks Ginny.  So i haven't read all of the posts, where are you going....north of Ohio and east of Fargo I presume - Wisconsin or Michigan maybe? Or Canada?

We're going to SE Wisconsin for Richard's next-to-last residency week at Nashotah House.  Since our 27th wedding anniversary falls in the middle of the week, I decided to go along.  It's work for him, but lots of relaxation for me (along with a bit of continued conference planning for AAUW/Ohio).

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »

Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day here. Not as warm as earlier in the week, but still warmer than any January day ought to be. Gorgeous.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »

Sounds like a fun, Ginny
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:55:07 PM by Cillaliz »

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2008, 02:55:40 PM »

Of course, I spent much of it inside watching THE ODD COUPLE episodes. My favorite involved Felix and Oscar going to court to try to beat a rap for ticket scalping (to the hit musical EAT MY FACE). One of the most hilarious episodes in the history of the series.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »

Well, no tech coming today. Turns out there is a real emergency (who knew there were garage door emergencies). Apparently a garage door came down on someone's car and it's take 1 1/2 hours for him to get the garage door off the car.  So, they'll come out tomorrow, but will call first.  I just released the opener and got the door to come down, so it'll be fine until they get here.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2008, 02:58:27 PM »

Topic of the Day:  Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits and Star Trek. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »

Which is why I disagree with what DR Druxy said earlier today. Some of the comedies of the 1970s hold up beautifully still. Not the ones necessarily based on topical issues. (I don't think MAUDE holds up well at all. I couldn't get through the entire box set. Glad I didn't have to review it.)

But comedies based on well developed characters with witty dialog and inventive set-ups like THE ODD COUPLE, THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW, THE BOB NEWHART SHOW, MASH; they're still as hilarious today as ever.

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »

Now that I've shut the door, I need to go to the store.  I promised the cats they could have tuna this weekend and I need to figure out what I'm going to have for dinner.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2008, 02:59:50 PM »

I am in the middle of the "Let's Make a Deal"/Monty Hall episode, and I have four more after that to go.

Then I can start on the 1951 Swedish version of MISS JULIE.

George

« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2008, 03:00:58 PM »

I got a call a little earlier from my friend Margo, asking if I wanted to go see "Atonement" today.  I said, sure.  So, we're meeting at 3:30 pm, which is in a half hour!  I still need to take a shower!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »

Have a good day, all.

:)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2008, 03:05:34 PM »

Someone yelled at me again today. But then, they did agree that we should have a limited number of worship leaders (in order to have some consistency) and they asked me to be one of them. So I guess I am not all wrong all the time.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »

Ginny, it looks like a lovely area to celebrate your anniversary.  Congratulations on 27 years.

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »

Yes congrats Ginny

Jane

« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »

DR Laura, I find it shocking anyone would yell at you.  I'm glad they at least appreciate your worship leadership abilities.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up