Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FIRST THINGS FIRST, SECOND THINGS SECOND  (Read 3026 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: FIRST THINGS FIRST, SECOND THINGS SECOND
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2019, 01:24:53 PM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2019, 01:36:29 PM »

Everything’s probably fine, but what an aggravating hassle. Just get good confirmation of that verdict.

Is your landlord an individual or small business, or a large one with many buildings? Either, of course, can be good or bad.

My landlord:
http://ajclarkenyc.com

Izabella is our manager and the one raising the stink when she got back from maternity leave in April. Her replacement while she was out, Magdalena was the one raising hell in January who brought in the upper management.  they both can rot in hell.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2019, 01:38:09 PM »

I thought I was over my dog obsession and then I saw Blue on today's adoption lists!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2019, 02:27:22 PM »

People who can afford to pay lawyers will (almost) always win against people who can't afford to pay expensive lawyers.

FJL

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2019, 02:32:46 PM »

Re Allan Carr -  I saw "Cant Stop the Music" and loved its excess and silliness shortly before the reviews could tell me how silly I was for feeling that way. 

Nancy Walker, no directing Oscar, but Rhoda's mom could sure throw a party.  I guess the reaction to the movie made her not want  to direct again.

The YMCA number including then-Bruce Jenner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzqVD8-mskA

And as noted at the YouTube link, Valerie Perrine could wear as much or as little as she wants in the YMCA hot tub, and no one  dame-shames her.  :)

FJL

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2019, 02:33:51 PM »

The whole concept of Steve Guttenberg still amazes 40 years later.

Did Allan Carr discover him? 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2019, 02:40:18 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - I was up at eight-fifty because the helper needed to pick something up at nine-thirty.  At that point I'd gotten under six hours of sleep.  I didn't get back into bed until around eleven, and I slept until one-thirty and have been playing ketchup ever since.  So, maybe I got close to eight hours but it sure doesn't feel like it.  Then the MD for the Kritzerland show (and the Group Rep) is not coming an hour early to have our work session - that's an hour from now, so I must get dressed and get to the mail place, then shave before three-thirty.  We'll see if that can all happen.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2019, 03:00:09 PM »

I would call that a too long of a nap. ;)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2019, 03:25:42 PM »

I am home. 

First, the good news:
The jerk 'landlord tried to stick me with a $123 "dispossessed charge" - whatever that is - and I refused to sign anything until it was removed from my account.  The bitch attorney sent a flunkey so I missed a chance to say thank you and fuck you to her, much as I wanted to.

I went to the 92nd Y rehearsal, and I think the show will be good, if anyone's interested in coming.  Ana Gasteyer made me cry singing "I Don't Want To Live On the Moon" from Sesame Street.

When is the show?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2019, 03:32:26 PM »

And the bad news:
When I got home, in today's mail I got aNotice of Case Status from the Civil Court, which puzzles me.  I scheduled this hearing a week ago.  When was this postcard from the Housing Court mailed?  I can see no postmark, but this case should have been in the computer sincew 11:00am last Thursday morning.  So, is this more aggravation from my shitty landlord?

Maybe just slow mail service

I got notices of denial of service, service under review, service under review and authorization fir service  from my insurance carrier all on the same day, and all several days after the MRI was completed
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2019, 03:40:45 PM »

Thursday evening greetings!  Richard and I have had our third weird day in a row today.  We signed up with Lifeline Screening for a package of 5 ultrasounds that our doctors won’t order unless we present with symptoms.  Since one of the tests is for abdominal aortic aneurysm and my father had one, I’ve had these screenings before, but Richard had not.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2019, 03:44:26 PM »

Our appointment was at 3pm and we had to fast for 8 hours beforehand.  So, we got up and had a light breakfast before 7am.  Our tests were uneventful and we’ll get the complete results by mail in a few weeks.  I assume if they had seen anything life-threatening we would not have been allowed to walk out of there.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2019, 03:45:30 PM »

We were free to go, so we headed directly to Bob Evans for a proper meal.

ChasSmith

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2019, 03:58:09 PM »

THAT’S the spirit!   :D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2019, 04:19:14 PM »

DR elmore, to confirm.....  The charge was removed and you won your case, no eviction according to the court?

As far as I know, I've won the case and the charge was removed.  I called the housing court and a very nice clerk told me the case was in the computer but the verdict had not yet been added to the computer.  I think it's over, but I'm still convinced my landlord and his bitch attorney Elizabeth L:entini are harassing me.

Other than the potential harassing...HOO and RAY!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2019, 04:30:10 PM »

I would call that a too long of a nap. ;)

Can a nap be too long? Too existential for this time of day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2019, 04:30:45 PM »

Chicken? Biscuits?
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2019, 05:10:02 PM »

Breakfast for both of us!  Richard’s included fried mush, mine a strawberry crepe.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2019, 05:16:04 PM »

I am home. 

First, the good news:
The jerk 'landlord tried to stick me with a $123 "dispossessed charge" - whatever that is - and I refused to sign anything until it was removed from my account.  The bitch attorney sent a flunkey so I missed a chance to say thank you and fuck you to her, much as I wanted to.

I went to the 92nd Y rehearsal, and I think the show will be good, if anyone's interested in coming.  Ana Gasteyer made me cry singing "I Don't Want To Live On the Moon" from Sesame Street.

When is the show?

June 1-3
https://www.92y.org/event/l-l-live-and-in-living-color

I didn't know this Jeff Moss song from Sesame Street, "I Don't Want To Live On the Moon," but Ana Gasteyer's rendition in rehearsal made me cry, it was so sweet and heartbreaking.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 05:41:44 PM by elmore3003 »

FJL

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2019, 05:51:29 PM »

Then the MD for the Kritzerland show (and the Group Rep) is not coming an hour early to have our work session - that's an hour from now, so I must get dressed and get to the mail place, then shave before three-thirty.  We'll see if that can all happen.

I read "is not coming an hour early to have our work session" - did spellcheck change "now" to "not?"

If so, boy, one letter can change a whole sentence!

Jane

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2019, 06:23:47 PM »

And the bad news:
When I got home, in today's mail I got aNotice of Case Status from the Civil Court, which puzzles me.  I scheduled this hearing a week ago.  When was this postcard from the Housing Court mailed?  I can see no postmark, but this case should have been in the computer sincew 11:00am last Thursday morning.  So, is this more aggravation from my shitty landlord?

Maybe just slow mail service

I got notices of denial of service, service under review, service under review and authorization fir service  from my insurance carrier all on the same day, and all several days after the MRI was completed7

:o

Jane

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »

Thursday evening greetings!  Richard and I have had our third weird day in a row today.  We signed up with Lifeline Screening for a package of 5 ultrasounds that our doctors won’t order unless we present with symptoms.  Since one of the tests is for abdominal aortic aneurysm and my father had one, I’ve had these screenings before, but Richard had not.

I always I never smoke but I really did, kind of at one time.  I propably had a 100 cigarets that would qualify me for the test.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »

All of the Dick Wolfe shows are finished for the season:

CHICAGO MED
CHICAGO FIRE
CHICAGO P.D.
LAW & ORDER: SVU.
THE F.B.I.

:( :( :( :(

You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2019, 06:45:38 PM »

Eight hours exploring Vancouver today went quickly.  In the afternoon we headed towards Stanley Park walking along the bay.  We found a restaurant with lovely views and excellent reviews for a late lunch/ early dinner.  We were not dissapointed. 

After eating we walked to where the sea plane were taking off & landing and watched for awhile.  I kept hoping one of the planes would pull up to the Chevron station in the bay.

The little boats trailing behind the sea planes were cute.

George

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2019, 06:51:14 PM »

Eight hours exploring Vancouver today went quickly.  In the afternoon we headed towards Stanley Park walking along the bay.  We found a restaurant with lovely views and excellent reviews for a late lunch/ early dinner.  We were not dissapointed. 

After eating we walked to where the sea plane were taking off & landing and watched for awhile.  I kept hoping one of the planes would pull up to the Chevron station in the bay.

That's pretty cool, Jane.  Last week, when I went up to Seattle to see School of Rock, my friend David took me to Gas Works Park on Lake Union.  We also saw a couple of sea planes take off from the lake.  That was fun.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2019, 06:53:28 PM »

And now, I'm off to home and some TV watching.

Be back later.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2019, 06:54:16 PM »

We are glad we stayed near the airport instead of downtown.  Taking the train was easy and we don't have to fight traffic in the morning.  At the latest I need to be up by 6:30.

We are staying at a Holiday Inn Express.  It is nothing special but comfortable, clean, and well organized.  But then there is the view.  I never imagined having a view of Costco from my hotel room ;D

Yes, we did go inside.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2019, 06:55:26 PM »

That's pretty cool, Jane.  Last week, when I went up to Seattle to see School of Rock, my friend David took me to Gas Works Park on Lake Union.  We also saw a couple of sea planes take off from the lake.  That was fun.

That looks interesting.

John G.

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2019, 07:52:15 PM »

Good evening, all.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2019, 07:52:24 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up