Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HAPPY TALK  (Read 27354 times)

FJL

Re:HAPPY TALK
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2008, 07:54:24 PM »

How about now?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2008, 07:56:45 PM »

Well, I'm off to my sister's to watch "Frequency," starring Dennis Quaid and James Caviezel.  I've seen most of it, but even then, not all at once.  Now, I'll see the whole thing.  My parents are coming over, also. :)

Does Kenneth know about this?  (Obscure Dan Rather reference).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »

While it's true some shows now don't have actual theme songs, several others do have them but don't play them any more: GREY'S ANATOMY and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES are two that come readily to mind. They need those extra minutes to sell ads. Network TV is STILL about the ads.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2008, 08:09:33 PM »

I watched an NCIS episode to get my evening underway. It involved a practical joke that went horribly wrong. Or did it?

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2008, 08:11:45 PM »

Next I watched THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES. Cute, fun little adventure fantasy. Not epic in the manner of NARNIA, LORD OF THE RINGS, HARRY POTTER, or even THE GOLDEN COMPASS, but in its own way, very entertaining. I enjoyed it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2008, 08:11:55 PM »

DR Ginny, doesn't look like I'm going to be going to NYC over Labor Day.  I just found out I was accepted for an Immigration Litigation Institute (big name for a hands on weekend seminar) that's Sept 12-14 in the DC area.  So, I'm not going to take another trip that close to this one.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2008, 08:12:48 PM »

If anyone is planning to fly anywhere that Midwest Airlines goes, they have a great sale still going on. I think it ends soon, but I'm going to get a direct round trip flight from Omaha to DC for under $200
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 08:13:06 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2008, 08:14:20 PM »

I'm tired and have a lot of work to do this weekend.  It will be nice to go to the office alone. My Assistant is great and I'm thankful that people call, but I get so much more done when I'm alone

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2008, 08:14:58 PM »

I watched the bonus features on disc 1 in the two-disc set. The director talks about the mythology of the SPIDERWICK series.

The creators of the original books, the director, the screenwriter, and the producer talk about their efforts to get the film made.

The Spiderwick Field Guide book is reprinted (at least in part) so that the viewer can thumb through the pages and read the entries on all the magical creatures. He can also hit a button to take him into the movie to see the creature's film representation.

There's also an in-movieguide that allows the viewer to stop the movie and branch off into the field guide to read the entries there if he chooses.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2008, 08:16:19 PM »

I have the second disc in the set cued up to watch tomorrow. Looks like there are about five more supplemental features on the disc included a featurette on the cast, some deleted scenes, etc.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »

I ended my evening watching another NCIS episode. A convicted murderer escapes from Levinworth in the trail of the person who actually killed his wife. No, he isn't searching for a one-armed man!

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »

Looks like I'll be getting to JERICHO on Sunday. There were only 7 episodes produced for the second season, but I haven't looked at the box to see what bonus features are being offered.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2008, 08:19:52 PM »

Friday evening....thunder lightning and rain....again!  Strong winds....it must be spring.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2008, 08:20:59 PM »

Annoyance Banishing vibe for MR BK.

Hmmmm....I don't understand DR JOSE's lyrics.....what DOES that sequence mean?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »

I might watch THE 39 STEPS on TCM in a little bit....if the thunder stops.

Good news TV wise from DR JMK.

Oh, DR MATTH.....let us know if there are any interesting extras on the MAD MEN Dvd's......

Ginny

« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2008, 08:31:37 PM »

DR Ginny, doesn't look like I'm going to be going to NYC over Labor Day.  I just found out I was accepted for an Immigration Litigation Institute (big name for a hands on weekend seminar) that's Sept 12-14 in the DC area.  So, I'm not going to take another trip that close to this one.  

:'(

DR Cillaliz - sorry you won't be in NYC when we are, but DC will be fun for you, too.  Congratulations on being accepted to the institute.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2008, 08:34:31 PM »

Friday evening....thunder lightning and rain....again!  Strong winds....it must be spring.

Glad to see you here, DR JRand.  We just saw on the news about the storms that went through Indiana.

There must have been another doozy here after I left Wednesday morning, because there's a huge chunk of tree in the space where Richard usually parks his car.  If his car had been there, it would have been severely damaged.  I'll take a picture tomorrow when it's daylight, before we figure out what to do with it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2008, 08:35:55 PM »

Oh, Richard arrived home about an hour and a half ago.  We're both glad to be home and are looking forward to a quiet weekend.

'night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »

:'(

DR Cillaliz - sorry you won't be in NYC when we are, but DC will be fun for you, too.  Congratulations on being accepted to the institute.

I think they pretty much take the first 60 who send them the money, lol. But it's a great program. It's hands on litigation. I know how to do criminal etc but haven't done enough actual immigration court cases to be really comfortable. What you do is mock immigration hearings and learn to do several types of federal cases I've never done.  They send out the materials weeks before and you have to prepare, then they tape you as you actually do the mock hearing. You're critiqued and take the tape to watch on your own.  I did this years ago with criminal trials and it really helped me develop as a trial lawyer. I'm hoping it will do the same here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »

The other thing they do is group you by experience level. I'll be curious to see if I'm with the novices (immigration) or experienced court room lawyers.

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: June 06, 2008, 08:57:15 PM »

I might watch THE 39 STEPS on TCM in a little bit....if the thunder stops.

Good news TV wise from DR JMK.

Oh, DR MATTH.....let us know if there are any interesting extras on the MAD MEN Dvd's......

I will. I read the press release, and there will be extras. I didn't read specifics other than some commentaries. But there are featurettes, too.

Thankfully, I have THE 39 STEPS on a Criterion disc, and I watched it not that long ago. Such a well made film.

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2008, 08:57:44 PM »

I am going to write for just a bit and then head downstairs.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2008, 08:58:51 PM »

I read a review of the Adam Sandler movie - boy does it sound like the worst piece of crap EVER.  Directed by Dennis Dugan yet - good actor, lousy director.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »

I also watched a lot of the recent PBS Camelot broadcast - holy moley on rye.  I made it to Bobby Rocky Horror Steggart and then my mouth hit the floor and I was done.

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »

the worst piece of crap EVER.  

Wow, with all the pieces of crap out there, that's really saying something ;)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »

I also watched a lot of the recent PBS Camelot broadcast - holy moley on rye.  I made it to Bobby Rocky Horror Steggart and then my mouth hit the floor and I was done.

He was my favorite part.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2008, 09:35:14 PM »

TOD:

CD: Kenny Miller - Songs from his Original Soundtracks

DVD:
Episodes of the old show CODE 3

Both purchased today at the show

MBarnum

« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2008, 09:37:27 PM »

Just returned from watching I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF...in the audience was it's co-star Kenny Miller and friends (myself, Laurie Mitchell, Eileen, and Kenny's friends from Pittsburgh Bob and Amy).

MBarnum

« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2008, 09:42:25 PM »

Bob and Amy are a beautiful, wonderful couple from Pittsburgh who know Kenny Miller from MONSTER BASH, which is a converntion in that area that Kenny has been a guest at a few times. They also know Laurie Mitchell from there. Really nice people., and they drove all the way here today just to see Kenny and Laurie

..and Bob is one of THE most handsome men I have ever met....and boy does he work out....think a very tall Steve Reeves and you will get the picture....I know I am  ;)

He is certainly not the sterotype of the classic horror/sci fi film fan, that is for sure!

MBarnum

« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »

We had some great fun today with Greg Palmer who is just so darn funny! His impression of John Wayne is spot on...of course they were friends for many years and worked together a lot in the 1960s.

Each day they have a couple of panels of celebrity guests who are asked questions by a moderator, in this case Boyd Magers. The panel was Laurie Mitchell, Claudia Barrett, Beverly Washburn, and Noel Neill....it was great fun.

I chatted with Noel Neill a little later and I tell you she is an absolute sweetie! And she just adores Jack Larson.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up