Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUSTIN' OUT OF JUNE  (Read 32675 times)

FJL

Re:THE BUSTIN' OUT OF JUNE
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »

Daniel Day Lewis in NINE dance

FJL

« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2008, 09:16:59 PM »

At least according to broadwayworld.com

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=28505

FJL

« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2008, 09:18:01 PM »

At first, I thought it said Daniel Day-Lewis Signed for Nine Films - but then it made sense.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »

Nope, not that bad at all.  And Neil Patrick Harris is fun! ;)

Yes! Unfortunately Woody vetoed my idea of a Doogie Door.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2008, 09:46:26 PM »

Any time a game show can get you to shout at the screen, it's got you hooked.

My excuse for watching The Factor.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2008, 10:03:11 PM »

The late-night re-run of the Preview of Plain Sight starts in 12 minutes!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2008, 10:20:17 PM »

I, too, was surprised at the Next Food Chefs inability to strategize "the game".

The attempt at the 30 minute meat loaf was stupid - on a par with not testing a roast loin for doneness until plating time. If your on the clock pick Salmon, Lobster or Scallops for an entree. Shucks, you can poach a chicken breat in under 20 minutes!

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2008, 10:42:54 PM »

I'll believe the Daniel Day Lewis thing when it's reported officially and not before.  Frankly, I don't believe Mr. Bardem was ever actually signed for the film.

However, if he IS actually signed, I have a bet with someone on the ATC board and if I've lost I'm donating ten bucks to BC/EFA.  We shall see.  Mr. Marshall has said this film was going into rehearsal in a month on about six occasions.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2008, 12:04:50 AM »

Ouch!  Just thinking about all the sugar in all that frosting is making my teeth ache?

Although this does raise a question, Ginny:

Where do you get your books from for the library?  Do you use Amazon?  Do you shop around for the best prices?  Or do you have a special "We're librarians and we get special deals through this source" source?

I mean, I can't see any librarian wanting to squander his or her resources.

DR Woody - libraries use jobbers like Baker & Taylor and Ingram and others as our wholesalers.  Sometimes, our acquisitions department has to go directly to the publisher, but tries to minimize that because it's always more expensive.  We use Amazon more in the selection process, looking for "reviews" and such.  We put more stock in reviews in professional journals and the mainstream press, like the New York Times Book Review, but for opinion like you'd overhear in a bookstore, online is a great source.

DR George may want to add to this discussion - he works more in the acquisitions area than I.

This is exactly how we get our books, also.  B&T is our major vendor.  We use different vendors for juvenile books and AV materials, though.  Our professional journals also include Publisher's Weekly, Booklist and Kirkus.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2008, 12:06:49 AM »

Today, my sister and I went to a Seattle Storm women's basketball game.  They won by one point!  Talk about exciting! :D

Just had to share. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2008, 12:11:33 AM »

Like DR CP, I kept thinking the music was familiar as I was watching SCREAMING MIMI last night.....it had a lot of Ronald Stein type suspense strings in it......but as DR CP reported, it was recycled from ON THE WATERFRONT....them guys shore does like to saves money over at Columbia.

I thought the film was a failure on so many levels, beginning with Anita Ekberg who wasn't quite up to the acting OR dancing level of the project.  And Lee Scott, the choreographer, who did a lot of work for the Mouseketeers, certainly was ready for Ekberg or Gypsy Rose Lee.

All in all, interesting.....but not a classic.

AARRGGHH!!  I set my DVR to record this.  When I got up, my DVR was on but it had a big error message on the screen, basically saying that my DVR was 100% full! :o Not again.  I deleted a tiny clip that I had recorded and INSTANTLY my DVR was ONLY 24% full.  What gives?  Why does it do that??  It's not fair. :P

DERBRUCER

« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2008, 12:17:37 AM »

AARRGGHH!!  I set my DVR to record this.  When I got up, my DVR was on but it had a big error message on the screen, basically saying that my DVR was 100% full! :o Not again.  I deleted a tiny clip that I had recorded and INSTANTLY my DVR was ONLY 24% full.  What gives?  Why does it do that??  It's not fair. :P

I don't know about yours, but mine (from COMCAST) seems to "lose" space over time - if I unplug it and then re-power up, the lost space is recovered. (Turning off is not sufficient, you must un-plug!)

der Brucer

der brucer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up