Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HUNCHBACK OF HAINESHISWAY.COM  (Read 25573 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE HUNCHBACK OF HAINESHISWAY.COM
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 01:51:49 AM »

PAGE TWO DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 03:49:23 AM »

I'm awake way too early

FJL

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 03:50:09 AM »

Time for to go back to bed

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 04:53:01 AM »

La dee DAH dee dah dah.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 04:54:04 AM »

Rainy Saturday....heavy winds, rain, thunder and lightning last night.  One branch of our elm three in the front yard is a hanging by a thread!  But I would guess all that water will help the flowers grow....and better it happens this weekend than last weekend when we were painting!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008, 04:55:01 AM »

Yesterday there was a girl in a tree here on HHW....much discussion of sex in the city....which I guess is a lot different than sex in the country....location wise.

DR PENNYO - it would be so nice if drama were confined to the stage and not allowed backstage....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008, 04:59:58 AM »

As for back pain relief, well a devil's claw tea brew can help, though it's not very tasty.  I would think you would find the herb at a local health food store.

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsTake/0,3927,4082%7CDevils%2BClaw,00.html
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:00:18 AM by JRand57 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008, 05:00:53 AM »

Congratulations to MR BK on 38,000 posts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2008, 05:05:51 AM »

Off to work oh well.  And then a graduation party for my nephew.  Oh well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2008, 05:06:02 AM »

Have fun at SWAN LAKE, DR GINNY!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2008, 05:36:28 AM »

Good morning, all! More Brain surgery.

After watching the Boleyns fall last night, I went ahead and watched the Finale of THE TUDORS on Showtime on Demand, quite a moving episode.

Nothing else to report.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2008, 05:46:25 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Today's my last Saturday and my last information-waitressing day until July 26.  Guess there's something to be said for elective surgery.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2008, 05:46:59 AM »

And the word of the day is: WEEN!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  I BELIEVE

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »

Have fun at SWAN LAKE, DR GINNY!

Thanks, DR JRand - we're looking forward to it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2008, 06:39:01 AM »

Yesterday Jose said:

After leaving the Lower East Side with baked goods in tow, I headed over to Chelsea to meet up with my friend, Carl, for dinner.  We ended up supping at the Hollywood Diner, which, I believe, is just down the stairs from DR Ben's abode.  After dinner, he headed on up to the Cort to see The 39 Steps, and I headed on home.

Well, whaddayaknow! Yes, the Hollywood is on the corner of 16th Street and 6th Avenue, just half a block from the old apartment. We were not there at the same time but I also had dinner at the Hollywood last night. Since Ant is still on Long Island I decided to go to the diner for Friday Night Dinner. I was there around 6:45 if I recall correctly. I was sitting at the counter and I didn't see Jose and friend so I assume they were there later or already gone. Hope your dinner was good, mine was.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2008, 07:22:44 AM »

When I got home, I watched "The Sarah Jane Adventures," "Doctor Who" and "Battlestar Galactica." ...
The Sarah Jane Adventures had a very nice ending for their/her first season, I thought.  And watching the whole story, back to back, was certainly preferable to seeing part two of a story first, leading into part one of the next tale.  Whoever came up with how they've been showing TSJA on SciFi should be castigated, at the very least.

The conclusion to the Doctor Who two-parter, however, made it the first real disappointment, story-wise, of the season.  Why must they always show UNIT to be filled with incompetents?  Freema's best scenes had her playing with acting opposite herself.  And the human villian what the result of what, a terrible date the writer had where the only way she could exorcise the memory was to portray him on-screen?  I can't blame her, exactly, but it's the sort of nonsense that belongs on some other show, not Who.

I don't bother with BG.  Just never got into it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2008, 07:30:11 AM »

Dinner was a success last night.  I'd brined two gorgeously thick pork loin chops for a few hours with a simple mix of salt, sugar and garlic in water, then seared both sides and popped them in the cast iron pan into a 450 oven until they were nicely done.  

Meanwhile, there was a mix of diced sweet potato and carrot, which had been roasted and then glazed with a syrup made of lemon juice and zest, sugar, some thyme and freshly grated ginger.

Der Brucer was happy with what was on his plate.

And I've discovered a new multi-tasker, a quick way to juice lemons.  Take a lemon half, pop it into a potato ricer, and with a quick squeeze the lemon is juiced and all the pips and the rind stay in the ricer.  Sweet!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2008, 07:32:26 AM »

I should get to the store.  It's a late nite at work, won't get off until ten (with thunderstorms predicted, but it's sunny and beautiful her right now), so tonight I'll be fixing breakfast for dinner.  But, if I'm going to do that, I'd better get us some eggs.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2008, 07:33:17 AM »

Good Morning, Matt!

Hope the weather is nice down your way!

Hasta!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2008, 07:33:48 AM »

Good morning!

It's a bit overcast today which is surprising since I don't think there is any call for rain today. Going to be back in the 80s, so the A/C is very close to being turned on. Today will likely be the last day without it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2008, 07:36:05 AM »

Good morning, all! More Brain surgery.

After watching the Boleyns fall last night, I went ahead and watched the Finale of THE TUDORS on Showtime on Demand, quite a moving episode.

Nothing else to report.

I'll be seeing it tomorrow when it airs on the network. Another wonderful season of the show. Glad to know it's been renewed for a third go-round.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2008, 07:38:59 AM »

Today I'll likely watch another NCIS episode before I begin my next review job. It will be THE ANIMATION SHOW, Volume 3, an MTV series that collects animated shorts from around the world for airing. The actual shorts (17 of them) run less than 45 minutes total, but I noticed there are a bunch of bonus feature interviews and other goodies on the disc, so I suspect that's how I'll be spending a good portion of the evening.

I have KNOCKED UP recorded from HBO-HD if I have time tonight, and I'll give tomorrow over to THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN.

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2008, 07:40:47 AM »

THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN actually comes out on DVD next week, I think. Luckily, one of the HD channels that my cable service DOES have is A&EHD, so I do have the show in HD.

(Now, if they'd only get USA-HD, I wouldn't complain too much.)

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2008, 07:44:01 AM »

The only remedy I know is relief for kidney stones. This has worked for me for the last three stones that I had.

Fill the bathtub with the hottest water you can stand, almost to the scalding point, and get in the tub. The very, very hot water deadens the pain of the stone as it moves through the tract to the bladder. (Keep adding hot water the second you start feeling the pain come back.)

The water around you also prompts the urge to urinate which is what you want to do as much as you can to push the stone through.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2008, 07:59:04 AM »

Yesterday there was a girl in a tree here on HHW....much discussion of sex in the city....which I guess is a lot different than sex in the country....location wise.

DR PENNYO - it would be so nice if drama were confined to the stage and not allowed backstage....

Oh, baby, I so agree with you...
PennyO

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2008, 08:04:24 AM »

I enjoyed SHADOW IN THE WINDOW last night, and it was certainly odd to see Betty Garrett in such a role. Phil Carey is certainly quite the hunk in this film, as he is in that Allison Hayes starrer COUNT 3 AND PRAY. I wonder why I have not yet interviewed the man. I must rectify that.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2008, 08:05:19 AM »

Last night was a really great show - audience was standing and cheering by the end. It's always so much fun when you get a great crowd like that in. One more tonight, then tomorrow's matinee, and I'll be saying goodbye to this cast, who have become such good friend over the past three months.

But I'll be happy to get home to the cabin and the critters. Sheesh - Jewish Thighs opens two weeks from yesterday, and I haven't even opened the script, yet - oy. Fortunately, the music director is from the original show, eight years ago, and has played several productions for me - he ain't Jose, but he's a peach to work with.

Another lovely day in LA... still raining and cold at the cabin...
PennyO

MBarnum

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2008, 08:05:37 AM »

And like BK, I also recorded THE GARMENT JUNGLE, a movie I have long desired to see...unlike BK, I have not yet watched it. But I will likely burn it to DVD so as to take a copy to my friend Laurie Mitchell who plays one of the models in the film.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »

Elmore!! Ginny!! Laura!! MBarnum!! Good morning, all!!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2008, 08:07:10 AM »

Boy, do I need some coffee! Be back soon...
PennyO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up