Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: HAPPY TALK  (Read 27305 times)

MBarnum

Re:HAPPY TALK
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2008, 09:48:16 PM »

And speaking of Jack Larson, I so much want to meet him...I watched a few SUPERMAN episodes today...hadn't seen them in years and years...and by golly, I think I have develope a bit of a crush on Jack Larson! He is a fine looking guy!

Now if I can just get invited to the next party over at Earl Holliman's house (or is it Tony Slides house).

MBarnum

« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »

Well, I must get myself to bed...early day tomorrow...there is a Superman Radio show recreation at 10am that Jeffrey Breslaur, Noel Neill, and Gregory Moffett will be doing...I can't wait!

Plus we have the banquet and all sorts of other goings on. I also need to get over and chat with the Pearreu sisters, Janine and Gigi...what dolls. Oh and I have not yet gotten Dick Jones' autograph.

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2008, 09:56:47 PM »

Thank you DR MBarnum for sharing the joy you experience in meeting these stars of other times.  Whilst I certainly have little knowledge of (nor interest in) their films etc, I cannot help but feel the warmth of your enthusiasm.  I am so pleased you are having such a great time.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2008, 10:44:06 PM »

I see Jack Larson regularly at neighbor Tony Slide's do's.  He still looks pretty great.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2008, 11:31:14 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I ended up heading out for the evening with my roommate, Jim, and his step-father and aunt.  -They're all heading a little upstate tomorrow for a family wedding.  We supped at Ralph's Italian Restaurant... Well, I'm not sure what the real name of the place is, I've just always known it as Ralph's (on 56th & 8th).  Good meals, and the fococcia in the bread basket tonight was particularly fresh.

Then we headed on down to 46th Street to the new bar/restaurant, Bourbon Street for some cocktails.  First of all, what a stunner of a place.  It's in the old Danny's space, but the new owners totally gutted the interior - and a good portion of the exterior - and basically built a New Orleans mini-mansion on Restaurant Row.  Lots of dark wood.  Leather-back chairs. Lanterns, etc.

While we there, we were joined by a friend/co-worker of Jimmy's aunt, and even Jason dropped by for a few after his ACL duties were completed.  After we had downed out Strawberry Caiprihinhas, Hurricanes, and New Orleans Iced Teas, we then ventured across to street to peek into the new lounge area of Don't Tell Mama - they bought out the restaurant next door and set up some additional seating and waiting area for the main room.

Then we walked down to Becco where Jimmy happened to see a friend of his who is a waiter there.  We stopped into say Hi, and somehow managed to talk the bartender into a free round of brachetto!  :)

I then headed on home and Jimmy and his relatives made one more stop for a nightcap.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2008, 11:31:44 PM »

Hmm.... Someone is yelling for the police outside....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2008, 11:34:36 PM »

...And there go the police... Think I'll just stay inside and let that situation take care of itself...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2008, 11:37:11 PM »

Hmmmm....I don't understand DR JOSE's lyrics.....what DOES that sequence mean?

I just teach the lyrics, I don't study them.  ;)

*I just remember the first production of A Chorus Line that I worked on about 15 years ago.  I had had more or less memorized the OCR by that time, but, of course, there were bound to be some lyrics that never landed on my ear.  Well, imagine my surprise when I had to start working on the Montage sequence... Who knew?!?!?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2008, 11:38:00 PM »

He was my favorite part.

Well... Too bad Wing didn't play Nimue and/or Morgan Le Fay.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2008, 11:38:54 PM »

DR MBarnum - It truly sounds like you are having quite a marvelous time.  -Did you take any pictures of Bob yet?  ;)

*And, remember, don't forget the BBQ!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2008, 11:43:56 PM »

DR SWW - Hmm... A "Cuban" burger with Muenster... Hmm?  I would think the Muenster would mute some of the spicing in the burger, but it could also work against in a good way too.  I'm surprised the recipe originally called for Monterey Jack since it looks like it's trying to emulate a classic cubano with roast pork, ham and mozzarella (and pickles and mustard and garlic!).  I also would have tried a more "sturdy" bun, something along the lines of a kaiser roll, or even a section of a french or italian loaf.  In any case, looks like a good recipe.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2008, 11:44:23 PM »

Well, I'm tired and sleepy, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2008, 11:55:03 PM »

I also watched a lot of the recent PBS Camelot broadcast - holy moley on rye.  I made it to Bobby Rocky Horror Steggart and then my mouth hit the floor and I was done.

I was done way before that but watched the whole thing. It was worth it just to have discovered (for myself) Nathan Gunn!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »

Did I miss it, or was "Fie on Goodness" not in this produciton?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2008, 11:56:55 PM »

Well... Too bad Wing didn't play Nimue and/or Morgan Le Fay.

;)

Perhaps Bobby Steggert could play Morgan Le Fay?

Edisaurus

« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2008, 11:58:11 PM »

Goodnight, DR Jose!

Edisaurus

« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2008, 11:59:02 PM »

I was up reading David Sedaris' new book. Very funny!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2008, 12:18:06 AM »

What can I say.  David Tennant is obviously the "slutty" Doctor, both on camera and off!   ;D

:o

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #228 on: June 07, 2008, 12:19:09 AM »

"Frequency" was a very good movie.  Both my parents really liked it, but my mom was confused at times.  I guess she didn't pay attention as well as she should have.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2008, 12:21:34 AM »

My sister made some vegan cupcakes and I made the frosting from the recipe that she had.  Only non-hydrogenated shortening was used in the frosting.  I wish I had the recipe to post, because both were very good. :D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up