Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ENDLESS PARADE  (Read 19261 times)

Michael

Re:THE ENDLESS PARADE
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2008, 03:54:25 AM »

It rained last night during our July 4th celebration. But the fireworks still went on. They were very good for an amateur presentation. they must have spent beaucoup $$$ on them. No pictures because I brought my new camera with which I left in the car because I didn't want it to get wet.
Never stop dreaming.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 03:58:42 AM »

So... Are "brousing" and "cruising" euphemisms?

"Browsing" means what Ginny would mean, "cruising" means what you think it means - and it does not relate to ships! (But sometimes sailors)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2008, 04:32:21 AM »

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2008, 04:37:41 AM »

DR derBRUCER  I clicked to watch and got a form to email the video to a friend.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 04:38:20 AM »

Today is my last work day for almost three weeks.....I hope SOMEONE is studying his lines.....and it ain't ME!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 04:41:12 AM »

I remember watching SKY KING and SUPERMAN on Saturday mornings and sometimes FURY.....

We always went shopping in the morning.  My favorite place was Foster's Five & Dime.....I had fifty cents to spend, which seemed like a fortune.  And if I saw something that was pricier, I would save my money until the next week, then I would have a DOLLAR!

One of my favorite things was a car - a Citroen - which I had never heard of, but I had seen in a movie or two.  It was yellow with a green top.  And it cost $!.49....so I saved for three weeks, but I did go back every week and hope it was still there.  It was!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 04:44:32 AM »

Wow!  Except for the color, it looked just like this!  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 05:03:44 AM »

Oh dear, I should have told this to DR JOSE before he left.

This weekend could be considered a humdinger -- to use that old word and expression. Once you make it through the challenge of the day -- Mercury in Gemini square Uranus in Pisces (4:08AM PDT) - you should be able to have the wind at your back and be raring to go. However, this Mercury-Uranus liaison does arrive with some embedded warning signals. Travel and speak with care. Know where you are going and what you are doing. Anticipate changes in schedules and upheavals before they occur.

But it isn't ALL bad news.

Add some logic and commonsense to your late-afternoon and evening activities. Despite the lunar polarity to dreamy Neptune, this can still be a night for fun and games, party-going and dancing the blues away. Get set for a rather feverish Sunday when intensity reigns and the up-and-coming Mars-Saturn rendezvous in Virgo because a serious factor to consider in your plans.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2008, 05:12:23 AM »

We had neighborhood fireworks until after midnight last night, but some of them were pretty.

I liked DR LAURA's picture of the children enjoying the display!!!  I couldn't take any pictures because there were no children watching, only drunk people sitting in the backs of their pick up trucks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2008, 05:23:39 AM »

Off to work.  Oh well.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 05:47:49 AM »

JRand, they were so frightened when the booming started. But when they saw the colors, they squealed.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jennifer

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2008, 05:52:02 AM »

Travel vibes for DR Jose. ~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2008, 06:05:00 AM »

Yeah, somebody posted episode 5 of the search for elle woods.
I'm actually liking this show.

But i can't watch it now. My niece just called to say she will be here in 5 minutes. I am not ready.  She wants to go to the park.

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2008, 06:09:15 AM »

I just wanted to say that i am very excited. My pants fit me!

I had 3 levels of pants that no longer fit.

First level was just a smidge too tight. They now fit.

Second level was quite tight. and i tried them on this morning and they fit.

Now there is only one more level. And then my actual clothes will fit me again!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2008, 06:16:47 AM »

Congratulations, Jennifer!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ben

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2008, 06:24:45 AM »

Morning all.

I will make an honest man of Anthony if it kills me (or society at large  ;))

Sing, thanks for the wedding report! Can't wait to see some pictures or hear about it in person.

George, I know the London cast recording of 1776 exists, but I've never seen it. I would love to have a copy.

We are on Long Island and by tomorrow we will probably have a cell phone in our hot little hands.

Anthony will be out here for the entire week finishing up loose ends and getting ready for the trip to Wisconsin at the end of the month so I will take the phone into NY, charge it, make sure it works, get the number, and all that technical stuff.

I will then report back to hell, excuse me, work on Monday, and work the week through.

That's all from Long Island.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2008, 06:31:49 AM »

And the word of the day is: LINCTUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is: I NEVER DO ANYTHING TWICE

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2008, 06:44:03 AM »

Good morning, all! I had another late sleep and enjoyed the luxury immensely.

Most of today and tomorrow are tied up with the continuation of the Act One Babes In Toyland critical notes, now that I'm content with the new look. I have 35 more of the same  for the entire show to write for Volume 1 of the edition, 6 more for Act One and 29 for Acts 2, 3, and Appendix.

JRand, I'm glad Richard remembered the milk brand; I only remember the glass bottles, the milk being left at the back porch, and the deliveries of bread and milk every other day or so.

When I was a child, meaning between 10-15 o so, every Saturday spent at one of three movie theatres in my hometown. The Paramount Theatre used to show 2-3 hours of cartoons, Three Stooges shorts, etc. between 10 am and 1 pm, and my brother Macbeth and I would join my cousins for a morning of cartoons. Some Saturdays, when these kiddie programs weren't happening, we'd go to the 1 pm showing of something; there were very few Saturdays when we didn't see some double feature. After the movies, we'd run around the department stores checking out new toys and comic books before we either caught a bus home or my mother, dad, or an uncle would gather the crowd and bring us home.

By the time I was 14, I was usually spending the afternoon at the movies and the morning before it at the public library - piano lessons, as I recall, were Wednesday afternoon at 4 pm, and I would walk to them after school let out at 3 - and Saturday evening was usually the night the family went out to dinner, usually at Frisch's Big Boy and then my parents would spend the evening playing pinochle with family and friends, either at our home or theirs, and I would watch "Saturday Night At The Movies."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2008, 07:05:36 AM »

DR JOSE-

Hope you arrived in New York Safely.

It was wonderful spending Thursday Night with you and DR Michael S.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2008, 07:25:38 AM »

Saturday afternoons when I was a kid?

Usually, I would go to the Roycroft Theater in Seattle for a Saturday matinee.  The main attraction was always the latest chapter of the serial.  I had to see how our hero got out of the "fine mess" he was left in the previous week.

The serial I remember most was SUPERMAN (w/Kirk Alyn).  The chief villain in that one was "The Spider Lady".  At the moment, I don't recall the actress' name, but I got to meet her years later and even dated her daughter.

Sadly, the Roycroft no longer exists.

:'(
You can dream…or you can do.

singdaw

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008, 07:37:37 AM »

DR Ben and DP Ant getting both a laptop and a cell phone within the past six months!   Whew!!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008, 07:39:17 AM »

Just waiting for boarding - back home to New York by this evening.

On the way here they showed a film called "Flawless" with Demi Moore and Michael Caine.  I didn't pay for the headphones to listen to it, but it looked kind of fun.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2008, 07:49:03 AM »

Good morning!

It was cool enough for me to open everything up last night, so I did get to sleep in fresh air, and I loved it. Maybe not quite as cool as some of those mornings last week, but cool enough, and I'm grateful.

It's been overcast all morning. I don't know if rain is on the way or not. Certainly seems so.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008, 07:52:35 AM »

Aside from MY LIFE ON THE D-LIST which I'll watch while cooking and eating lunch, I'll be MISHIMAing it all day today. I'll finish the supplements this afternoon and early evening and then watch the film tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2008, 07:54:49 AM »

I did spend about 30 minutes this morning finshing the audio interview with Paul Schrader's sister-in-law who wrote the Japanese version of teh screenplay for the actors and who directed the Japanese actors on the set.

One of the most surprising things about her interview was the revelation that the brothers Schrader were estranged before this film and did not get along during the making of the movie, and she felt trapped as the go-between in their disputes. I had no idea there was conflict between the brothers.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2008, 07:59:29 AM »

I remember watching Saturday morning TV growing up from a young kid through about junior year in high school. So many shows came and went but I remember most THE ALVIN SHOW, HECKLE AND JECKLE, FURY, THE JETSONS, and Saturday morning always ended with SKY KING  at noon (until it was taken off and then we watched TOP CAT).

Saturday afternoons we usually went to the movies, and there were three in my town: the Parr was the nicest theater and got the really quality "A" pictures. The Midway got some good things but often the stuff from smaller studios or reissues. The Imperial was the grindhouse that showed all the old 30s and 40s serials along with reissues of all the old sci-fi bug movies like TARANTULA! in double and triple features.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2008, 08:04:29 AM »

DR George,

I can't tell you how often I listen to the film soundtrack of '1776' on CD and marvel at its quality. It's BY FAR my favorite version of the score ever recorded (the original cast album is something of a trial to sit through for me), and I'll always be grateful to have it.

As for the DVD version of the movie, I'm delighted that they added back the introduction to "He Plays the Violin" and the entire "Cool Considerate Men," but I WISH they had also added back the missing parts of "Piddle-Twiddle-and-Resolve" and the reprise of "The Lees of Old Virginia." I LOVE those verses!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2008, 08:05:40 AM »

Just waiting for boarding - back home to New York by this evening.

On the way here they showed a film called "Flawless" with Demi Moore and Michael Caine.  I didn't pay for the headphones to listen to it, but it looked kind of fun.

Good movie.  You should see it.
You can dream…or you can do.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2008, 08:07:42 AM »

To re-live old Saturday mornings, check out the new 4 disc DVD set from Shout called "Hiya Kids" --- 22 children's shows from the early 50s (including "Sky King") such as "Howdy Doody", "Winky Dink" and several Westerns and Sci Fi shows.  Some of them hold up beautifully, others are very dated, and some are now pure camp.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2008, 08:11:21 AM »

DR JulieC40-Glad the interview went well.

CONTINUED JOB VIBES TO YOU & THOSE WHO NEED THEM!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up