Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NIGHT IS NO LONGER YOUNG  (Read 32106 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE NIGHT IS NO LONGER YOUNG
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 05:44:35 AM »

And here we are....

[size=8]PAGE TWO!![/size]
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 05:44:43 AM »

Where'd everybody go?

They saw you approaching and they cleared out.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 05:45:24 AM »

They saw you approaching and they cleared out.

Oh.  Just like at The Reservoir.  But only the other way around.
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 05:45:58 AM »

So DR JoseSPiano, will you have any duties on the cruise other than accompanying Ms. Lansbury and Ms. Peters and Ms. Buckley?   ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 05:51:43 AM »

So DR JoseSPiano, will you have any duties on the cruise other than accompanying Ms. Lansbury and Ms. Peters and Ms. Buckley?   ;)

Oh, I think Ms. LuPone is flying down to Castaway Cay for the day on Saturday too.  I shall have to take a photo for DR Tomovoz.

;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:52:00 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 05:52:16 AM »

...And we're boarding.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 05:57:09 AM »

Safe travels, Jose

FJL

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 05:57:36 AM »

singdaw, thanks for the Massachusetts info.  We hadn't heard about it.

singdaw

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 06:02:00 AM »

You're welcome, DR FJL.  It was just in the NY Times this morning.

They're saying "We feel it's the right thing to do."  I'm sure financial considerations had nothing to do with it.   ;)

Kerry

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 06:09:41 AM »

BK-- I'm no longer young either, but young at heart (most of the time), and luckily we still look marvelous!

You mentioned Wiliam Eythe the other day.  He was Lon McAllister's boyfriend, and a picture of them exchanging rings the night before before William Eythe departed for the war caused much consternation.   He was better than they gave him the chance to be.  I believe Mr. McAllister helped back some of of Mr. Eythe's later efforts.  Bill Eythe's last hit was a Cole Porter musical.  His reviews weren't great, but he got to introduce, "From This Moment On."  I do believe that Cole Porter was smitten with him for awhile.  Lon
McAllistester, being the loyal friend to everyone was also loyal to Bill Eythe.  He was as nice a guy as he appeared in movies.  Lon remained loyal to all hisfriends.  We should all have a Lon in our lives.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 06:13:34 AM »

Jose, please get me all those wonderful ladies' autographs (if you can).  Tell them I am temporarily crippled and need some cheering up.  Work a tear and crack in your voice if necessary.  :'(
I like boat races.

singdaw

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 06:14:25 AM »

We should all have a Lon in our lives.

You'll Never Walk A Lon.

singdaw

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 06:16:22 AM »

No One is A Lon.

singdaw

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 06:17:19 AM »

A Lon Together.

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 06:18:13 AM »

Computer training this morning.

Service training this afternoon.

*sigh*

:)

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 06:22:07 AM »

DR Cillaliz. re: your family emailing you garbage.

I'm not sure i would block their emails. But nothing says you must read them.

Every time one of them sends you an email just reply, "i am sorry i cannot read this email until my trial is over, thank you".

:)

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 06:29:13 AM »

re: last night's BIG BROTHER 10 episode

(no live feed spoilers, just last night's show).

hafafjla fiduaofuopfu dopau oispuf oaufopu doausofpu sofpu of jkl
DR RonP, it's funny but i totally disagree with what you wrote.
Although things did play out slightly differently than what had been reported (since the live feeds had not been turned on when all this happened they were slightly off).
I actually like brian. And although i think he overplayed his hand. I don't necessarily think he would have betrayed jerry. or dan and ollie. I'm glad that jerry was "forced" into nominating brian, and did not do it on his own (like had been mentioned on the spoilers). The one i was impressed with was libra. Such a smart woman (she is the black woman with twins). The one i was totally disappointed in was ollie. He gave his word. He's supposed to be a preacher's son and said he would be honorable. But he's already cozy with april (very cozy). And he totally turned on brian to save his back.I could not believe he did that. I was so not impressed.

I must say i cannot stand renny. Her personality, her shrieky voice. I pray she will go this week! I must read the spoilers to see what is up. But really i cannot stand everything they showed of her.
jl;fjfjs;ad;l ;ajfljlafl;ajf;jd af jdf;l;dfja l;jdasfjdafl; jafl;jafl jl jl jl

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 06:37:53 AM »

Good morning, all! The dog in the apartment above me started barking around 10:20 and around 11:15 I went up and knocked on the apartment door because he never barks.  I could hear the tv and the dog kept barking but no one answered so I left a note on the door. The dog continued to bark until around 12:15 before it finally calmed down.  A some point after 12:30 I dozed off but I slept very poorly.

Today, I believe I have an editorial session with my friend and colleague Curtis, but he's never confirmed a time. He pulled the same thing last week, saying he didn't get my email, so I'm puzzled.

My friend Tara, with whom I worked at Barnes & Noble, has decided to move back to the West Coast after finishing her nursing degree, so tonight I have a farewell dinner with her.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe Travel Vibes for DR JoseS! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 06:47:20 AM »

BK-- I'm no longer young either, but young at heart (most of the time), and luckily we still look marvelous!

You mentioned Wiliam Eythe the other day.  He was Lon McAllister's boyfriend, and a picture of them exchanging rings the night before before William Eythe departed for the war caused much consternation.   He was better than they gave him the chance to be.  I believe Mr. McAllister helped back some of of Mr. Eythe's later efforts.  Bill Eythe's last hit was a Cole Porter musical.  His reviews weren't great, but he got to introduce, "From This Moment On."  I do believe that Cole Porter was smitten with him for awhile.  Lon
McAllistester, being the loyal friend to everyone was also loyal to Bill Eythe.  He was as nice a guy as he appeared in movies.  Lon remained loyal to all hisfriends.  We should all have a Lon in our lives.

I posted about this a couple of days ago: FROM THIS MOMENT ON was cut from the show out of town. The day of the Broadway opening, William Eythe was arrested by the police for men's room activities. I'm sure that gave the show's PR some major headaches.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 06:50:37 AM »

I just went to Kritzerland, couldn't find the book to order it! I found the HOLLYWOOD HIGH one, but not the new one.

singdaw

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 06:55:33 AM »

The new book (Murder At the Grove) is not on Kritzerland for a week or two.  The only way to pre-order now is to PayPal $$ to bk.

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 06:57:04 AM »

On tv at the same time for me tonight:

BIG BROTHER 10

and

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 07:39:23 AM »

Good morning!

It was a cool enough night to turn off the A/C and fling open the doors and windows. ENjoyed the fresh air while sleeping for the first time in more than a week.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2008, 07:42:55 AM »

I also talked about William Eythe and Lon McAllister the other day when Eythe's name came up.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 07:43:34 AM »

On TV tonight:

The Season 5 premiere of PROJECT RUNWAY. If I remember correctly, it's on at 9 rather than 10.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2008, 07:45:57 AM »

Today I'll be watching Dreyer's VAMPYR. It will be a first for me, so I'm looking forward to it.

The DVD box set is two discs and also included not only the usual Criterion booklet with stills and essays, but also a paperback book containing the complete screenplay and also CARMILLA by Sheridan Le Fanu.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2008, 07:48:36 AM »

I have a question. It's a bit personal, but since folks do talk about their health here, I figure it's OK.

Who here has had your appendix removed at some point in your life?

I haven't. In fact, the only operation I've ever had (so far) was at age five having my tonsils removed.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2008, 07:57:43 AM »

Just pre ordered the NEW BOOK.

WOW...DRJOSE is hobknobbing with SEE-Lebrities again!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2008, 08:13:48 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  We're havin' a heat wave here in SW Ohio - and an air pollution alert, too  :P

Today is the doctor's appointment at which we'll discuss this "new normal," and how soon I can go back to work.  I did discover last night that I can get a slipper on my left foot and could probably wear other adjustable shoes, too, if not for the swelling.  Don't know if that's due to the surgery or the circulatory issues or a little of both.  My surgeon would probably blame the blood clots and my primary care physician would probably blame the surgery  ::).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2008, 08:18:09 AM »

DR MattH - I still have my appendix and am like to keep it unless there's an emergency.  The phrase "elective surgery" is no longer part of my vocabulary.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up