Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NIGHT IS NO LONGER YOUNG  (Read 32107 times)

singdaw

Re:THE NIGHT IS NO LONGER YOUNG
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2008, 08:23:19 AM »

the only operation I've ever had (so far) was at age five having my tonsils removed.

DITTO!!   :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2008, 08:29:45 AM »

DR JRand and other will find this of interest.

On November 11, Disney is issuing its next selection of Disney tins. The last collection of Donald Duck shorts and DR. SYN ALIAS THE SCRECROW are currently on the agenda.

DESTINO was also slated to be released but was canceled some weeks ago. Today, I learned that DESTINO will be replaced by a box dedicated to Annette! It hasn't yet been released what the contents of the box are going to be but surely the ANNETTE serial from the MICKEY MOUSE CLUB is likely to be included and also other appearances by the popular star during her Disney years.

Now I'll be buying all three Disney tins in November!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2008, 08:31:29 AM »

Guess I'll head down now to check the mail and then get started on fixing some lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2008, 08:36:31 AM »

BB10 Spoiler...................

DR Ron Pulliam, my take on Steve is that he is laying low so as to keep out of the way while the debris hits the fan, as it has been doing…a good move, and it keeps him from being a target when the group is focused on others in the house...at this point no one is paying attention to him…however, he will eventually need to step things up so as not to look like he is not playing the game, which is one of the lame excuses BB contestants seem to give when deciding who to vote out.

Yes, this is going to be a fun season, and it was great to see Brian get his comeuppance! Hee, hee, hee. Talk about being full of oneself!

DR Jennifer, I think Ollie did what he had to do to save his behind...and in this game, sometimes that is what you have to do. like it or not. He isn't playing so that Dan and Brian can win, he is playing so that he can win...of course if Dan and Brian stay in the game...well, then what Ollie did might not have been such a good move. But I suspect that Brian will be leaving. Brian could have been a really good player, but he wasn't secretive about what he was doing...so that made him a really bad player.

I am glad Jessie is staying because he is very nice to look at! He also reminds me that I need to get to the gym.

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2008, 08:37:51 AM »

DR JRand and other will find this of interest.

DESTINO was also slated to be released but was canceled some weeks ago. Today, I learned that DESTINO will be replaced by a box dedicated to Annette! It hasn't yet been released what the contents of the box are going to be but surely the ANNETTE serial from the MICKEY MOUSE CLUB is likely to be included and also other appearances by the popular star during her Disney years.

I think I speak for both JRand and myself when I say WOOHOO!!!!

Kerry

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2008, 09:00:31 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  We're havin' a heat wave here in SW Ohio - and an air pollution alert, too  :P

Today is the doctor's appointment at which we'll discuss this "new normal," and how soon I can go back to work.  I did discover last night that I can get a slipper on my left foot and could probably wear other adjustable shoes, too, if not for the swelling.  Don't know if that's due to the surgery or the circulatory issues or a little of both.  My surgeon would probably blame the blood clots and my primary care physician would probably blame the surgery  ::).

I feel for you , my lovely lady!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2008, 09:06:47 AM »

I posted about this a couple of days ago: FROM THIS MOMENT ON was cut from the show out of town. The day of the Broadway opening, William Eythe was arrested by the police for men's room activities. I'm sure that gave the show's PR some major headaches.

It's a shame when things like that happen, and in interviews later, Lon McCallister would not betray any loyalties-- and he could have.  Considering he was retired and owned half of Malibu and still kept all his friends (you can see them in his house used for location in the remake of "Best Friends" with Candice Bergen and jackie Bissett - and a stunning Matt Lattanzi)   What a friend indeed.
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2008, 09:07:54 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?  I am up.  Barely.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »

elmore, read post three.

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2008, 09:08:38 AM »

I feel for you , my lovely lady!

Thanks, DR Kerry, and I for you!

There have been a couple of times throughout this ordeal when I've felt in the middle of a conflict between 2 segments of the medical establishment.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Miss Karen

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2008, 09:22:36 AM »

bk ~ I was wondering about how the LA musical festival went as a whole -- so I guess I need to break it down into several questions:

1. What's the word from the LA musical festival folks -- how did it go? Wasn't it the first year for it? Will it continue? What came out of it for them? I followed what happened with The Brain through your posts, but I wasn't sure how it went for the other shows. How did it go having shows spread out so wide and far across the LA area? Did you get to see any other shows in it?

2. Haven't read much about the festival as a whole. Is there a home website for them that has the info like NYMF has?  I couldn't get a feel for how all of it was going to work, and how they pulled it off.  

I know that's a bunch of questions disguised as two, but I was just trying to clarify what I'm trying to find out: the scoop, you know like what's the set up for this festival as compared to NYMF, what's the intent, what worked, what didn't, will it continue, etc., etc., etc.

(and if all of this was covered by you while I've been so E and T, just tell me to check the archives)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »

Those wags at

www.jibjab.com

have their latest campaign video up, and this one has a place for you to insert a picture of yourself!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Miss Karen

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2008, 09:33:58 AM »

Regarding "smart" dog posts from yesterday (cucumber as a walk alias made me LOL!). They are funny little critters that catch on quickly. I don't know why we avoid the "walk" word, bacause the gig is up as soon as I go grab my walking shoes and socks -- he starts talking to me -- and then the leash gets him going. Then the times we're leaving town, putting stacks of clothes on the bed, and bringing up a suitcase, are signs that he knows he's getting a trip to the Doggy Dude Ranch, which he loves to go to.

Miss Karen

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2008, 09:35:38 AM »

Speaking of cucumbers, past due again. Let's see if I can sneak in there and get my shoes before he sees me ...

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »

Yes, at the sound of the jangling leash, Bosco starts doing his doggie dance! It makes me laugh every time!

singdaw

« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »

"DR MBarnum prefers his blossoms in hanging baskets. I prefer mine in straight lines."

photo:   Do Not Ever Do This Again

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2008, 10:09:12 AM »

bk ~ I was wondering about how the LA musical festival went as a whole -- so I guess I need to break it down into several questions:

1. What's the word from the LA musical festival folks -- how did it go? Wasn't it the first year for it? Will it continue? What came out of it for them? I followed what happened with The Brain through your posts, but I wasn't sure how it went for the other shows. How did it go having shows spread out so wide and far across the LA area? Did you get to see any other shows in it?

2. Haven't read much about the festival as a whole. Is there a home website for them that has the info like NYMF has?  I couldn't get a feel for how all of it was going to work, and how they pulled it off.  

I know that's a bunch of questions disguised as two, but I was just trying to clarify what I'm trying to find out: the scoop, you know like what's the set up for this festival as compared to NYMF, what's the intent, what worked, what didn't, will it continue, etc., etc., etc.

(and if all of this was covered by you while I've been so E and T, just tell me to check the archives)

For us, the LA Festival was a success - the show did well, selling out most performances, we got virtually all excellent reviews, etc.  I'm not really sure how any of the other shows were or did, but remember part of the thing that's unique to this festival, I think, is that the venues decided which of the shows they wanted to do and paid for the show themselves, usually making it part of their normal season.  I saw no other Festival full productions, but did see one of the readings, which I wrote about.

They do have a website, I'm just not sure what it's called, but google probably has it.  I think the idea of the Festival is great, and I like the idea that the writers don't pay to produce their own show.  That part is much better than NYMF.  Areas for improvement certainly would include publicity - the LA Times ignored most of the festival for reasons that were rather silly (they didn't like that there weren't "commissioned" shows).  And my biggest change, if they want my opinion, would be not to have it so spread out and over so long a time.  That was the biggest problem - no one's going to keep publicizing a Festival that occurs over a three-month period.  That's where NYMF gets it right - three or four weeks, and very concentrated in terms of area.  The LA Fest, for example, had no one place where you could buy tix to all the shows - I'm sure it would have been complicated to do that, but I think it's absolutely necessary because without it it doesn't seem like a connected Festival - it seems scattershot.  

I know they've professed an interest in hearing my thoughts, so hopefully I'll have a meeting with them.  I think it can be a great thing for LA but they need to rethink having it so spread out, location-wise, and really keeping it to LA and environs instead of San Diego to Santa Barbara.  They're just starting to look at next year, and I think with some changes it can be great for everyone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2008, 10:10:06 AM »

I'm not sure I'll jog before the meeting, even though I was hoping to.  I've shaved and if I got out of here by 10:15 I'd be fine, so we'll see.

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2008, 10:19:58 AM »

Off to see the wizard doctor.  Pray for Rosemary's baby.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2008, 10:23:11 AM »

Healthy vibes to Ginny

FJL

« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »

Karen - Here's the link to the site for the L.A. festival:

http://lafestival.org/calendar.php

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »

I am jealous that you guys get Project Runway season 5 tonight.

I'm trying to find out when it will start here. Hopefully soon.

singdaw

« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »

DR Ginny - I hope that the doctor tells you whatever it is that you most want to hear.

Does that cover all the bases?     :)

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2008, 10:29:19 AM »

RE: Big brother 10

OMG DR MBarnum we have different tastes!

I do not like looking at jessie at all. His muscles are so ridiculous it makes me uncomfortable to look at him!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »

Back from a two-mile jog - easier today.  Must now take a quick shower before the meeting begins.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »

I have a question. It's a bit personal, but since folks do talk about their health here, I figure it's OK.

Who here has had your appendix removed at some point in your life?

I haven't. In fact, the only operation I've ever had (so far) was at age five having my tonsils removed.

I still have my appendix.  I've only had my tonsils and wisdom teeth removed.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2008, 10:59:52 AM »

For those fans of ELI STONE, apparently there will be a big celeb appearing on at least one episode.

fdafjafjlkdajfdl;fjljafl ljl jfufdu iuiui u ui ui ui ui ifljdfljd k kl jk jk jk jk jkjk
fdajfldjafljdafljdlfj;adlsafjs;fldjas;jfl;saj f jfjafj  fjl;dajs fjafjljdafl;j;jjfjda j;f l
i'll leave space in case somebody does not like to know such scoops:
it's mrs. tom cruise, katie holmes. Personally i'm glad because i would like the show to get more publicity. jfldajflkdjfljdalfjd lafjlasfj ldsajfljdsafljafljj lj
jafjlafjdlafjdl;fjdsaf oidaufou ououofudaofu dopafu odauf odsauf odsau foau
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:00:53 AM by Jennifer »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2008, 11:14:03 AM »

I have a question. It's a bit personal, but since folks do talk about their health here, I figure it's OK.

Who here has had your appendix removed at some point in your life?

I haven't. In fact, the only operation I've ever had (so far) was at age five having my tonsils removed.

I never had my appendix OR my tonsils removed.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »

BB10 Spoiler...................

DR Ron Pulliam, my take on Steve is that he is laying low so as to keep out of the way while the debris hits the fan, as it has been doing…a good move, and it keeps him from being a target when the group is focused on others in the house...at this point no one is paying attention to him…however, he will eventually need to step things up so as not to look like he is not playing the game, which is one of the lame excuses BB contestants seem to give when deciding who to vote out.

Yes, this is going to be a fun season, and it was great to see Brian get his comeuppance! Hee, hee, hee. Talk about being full of oneself!

DR Jennifer, I think Ollie did what he had to do to save his behind...and in this game, sometimes that is what you have to do. like it or not. He isn't playing so that Dan and Brian can win, he is playing so that he can win...of course if Dan and Brian stay in the game...well, then what Ollie did might not have been such a good move. But I suspect that Brian will be leaving. Brian could have been a really good player, but he wasn't secretive about what he was doing...so that made him a really bad player.

I am glad Jessie is staying because he is very nice to look at! He also reminds me that I need to get to the gym.

And even more spoilage....

I thoroughly agree with you, Mike.  Brian was way too full of himself...promising each person he could  "save" them for one week up to three weeks.  I kept wondering how stupid these people could be to listen to him pontificate as though he were in control.  And he even SAID he was controlling the game because Jerry did whatever he told him to.  Brian is a PUTZ!  DR Jennifer -- if that's the kind of player you like, then you are welcome to him.  I think even Dan woke up and smelled the coffee last night.  Brian created an alliance, yes, but he was manipulating his alliance members and that's never cool.

They'd be truly stupid if they didn't evict him this week.  TRULY stupid.  Of course, that's what I thought each week Dr. Will didn't get voted out.  I hope this group is Big-Brother SMART and realizes what needs to be done.

End spoilage.....

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:25:07 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2008, 11:21:27 AM »

I have only had two fetuses and five wisdom teeth surgically removed.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up