Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MY NEW LOVE AFFAIR  (Read 30304 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MY NEW LOVE AFFAIR
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2008, 08:49:10 AM »

Back from the jog - did close to four miles today, and I've answered e-mails, shaved, and shall now shower.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2008, 09:10:26 AM »

Hmmm... Isn't that what DR elmore says each time you visit New York City and stay on his fire escape?

I don't ever want DR MBarnum dead, just to suffer.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2008, 09:15:04 AM »

I shall now be on my way to rehearsal.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »

We leave for southern Oregon next week.  I bit the bullet and purchased a notebook computer yesterday so that I can stay in touch while we're gone.  I think I got a pretty good deal--it's a nice Gateway, beautfilu blue color, with wireless built in and a webcam (not that I'll be using that, LOL).  After the rebate and my gift card, I got it for about $400.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2008, 09:19:29 AM »

Good morning.  My right shoulder is achy, I'm hoping it's how I slept, but I'm also worried that it could be a residual from the week of Into the Woods rehearsals.  If that is the case, I'm going to insist on a masseuse be added to my contract (Yeah, like that is going to happen).  3 days off should help, I'm hoping.  

Today, a few voice coaching sessions, a wedding, the normal Saturday evening Mass routine, and another viewing of The Drowsy Chaperone I'm taking the DP and his pal, Marc - who will be convinced (like many of us here) that he is the Man in the Chair.  

JMK

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »

Good morning.  My right shoulder is achy, I'm hoping it's how I slept, but I'm also worried that it could be a residual from the week of Into the Woods rehearsals.  If that is the case, I'm going to insist on a masseuse be added to my contract (Yeah, like that is going to happen).  3 days off should help, I'm hoping.  

Today, a few voice coaching sessions, a wedding, the normal Saturday evening Mass routine, and another viewing of The Drowsy Chaperone I'm taking the DP and his pal, Marc - who will be convinced (like many of us here) that he is the Man in the Chair.  

I wrote a little number for cabaret singers after I MD's the west coast premiere of Putting It Together--I called it "Sondheim Hurts."   ;D  Thank your lucky stars you at least have some book scenes--by the end of PIT, I could barely move.  There's only so much Getting Married Today I can handle.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2008, 09:39:16 AM »

I wrote a little number for cabaret singers after I MD's the west coast premiere of Putting It Together--I called it "Sondheim Hurts."   ;D  Thank your lucky stars you at least have some book scenes--by the end of PIT, I could barely move.  There's only so much Getting Married Today I can handle.  ;)

Umm... You've obviously never played Into the Woods.  Even with the book scenes, it's still a lot of playing.  -There are only two cues where the piano/keyboard does not play. However, if you can make it past the long opening sequence - "chunk, chunk, chunk, chunk..." - of each act, well, then the rest of the show is almost easier.

*And I LOVE playing "Getting Married Today"!  What fingering - and/or key - were you using?

**Now, I will say that whenever I've done Sunday in the Park with George, I was always thankful for the long break after "Putting It Together".  The piano part, literally, never stops since all the underscoring is cocktail piano music.

***And don't get me started on "Closer Than Ever"...  OY!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 09:40:26 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2008, 09:40:01 AM »

DR Matthew - As for your right shoulder... -Isn't that what ensemble members are for?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »

I don't ever want DR MBarnum dead, just to suffer.

Well, that's probably how that would get translated.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2008, 09:44:34 AM »

Having a nice lunch break - do I really have to face the public again in 15 minutes?

There was an opinion piece in yesterday's New York Times titled "Compassion Deficit Disorder" and I think that's what I have - now, even more after being away for six and a half weeks.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2008, 09:59:16 AM »

Thanks so much, DR TCB.  I called the doctor's office this morning for my test results and dosage and one of the doctors called me back himself.  This medication is pretty tricky stuff.

Did you guess correctly last night?

Jane

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2008, 10:00:32 AM »

Dog Bosco, Freddy the cat, sister Sue, brother Allen, cousin Molly, neice Katie.

Say hello to brother Allen from us.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2008, 10:02:29 AM »

We leave for southern Oregon next week.  

Where are you headed to?

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2008, 10:07:01 AM »

Did you guess correctly last night?

Apparently, I did, DR Jane, because the doctor told me to take the same dose today and tomorrow, to back to the prior dose the next 2 days, and have another test on Wednesday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2008, 10:07:33 AM »

DR Jane - any news of Keith's mother to report today?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2008, 10:07:51 AM »

Time to enjoy the rest of the day...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2008, 10:10:16 AM »

..."Compassion Deficit Disorder" ...

LOL!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2008, 10:25:12 AM »

I also laughed at "Compassion Deficit Disorder".

I'm having warm oatmeal right now, if feels very soothing going down.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »

Thank you for asking DR Ginny.

The good news is she says she isn't in pain.  The nurse says she is ok but there are issues.  For one she refuses to wear the BiPAP machine & I don't blame her.  She doesn't want company & doesn't feel up to talking on the phone.  We couldn't understand what she said anyway.  Keith's brother spoke to her a bit after we did & knew what she said, no pain & don't come visit.

So we wait & worry & make update calls or receive them.  Even if I were there I would not be able to go near her, the only good thin about having this miserable sore throat.  I think it is beginning to turn into a full blown cold.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2008, 10:42:18 AM »

Bernie Mac Dies at 50
Comedian-actor passed away early Saturday morning from complications due to pneumonia.

This is too young.

JMK

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »

Umm... You've obviously never played Into the Woods.  

Ummmm....guess again.

JMK

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »

Where are you headed to?

East of you this time--K Falls and Crater Lake.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2008, 11:17:53 AM »

Ummmm....guess again.

Well this is my third time!  I'm also working with a challenging conductor who takes twice as long to get things done (communication skills from instrumentalist to vocalist is lacking) so we end up doing things over and over.  So it's been 4 hour vocal rehearsals, constant playing, turning pages, turning pages BACK on demand, etc etc... I'm not complaining but it just seems excessive at the moment.  Playing the show won't be a problem, except maybe on the one double Saturday.  But the rehearsals are un-necessarily tedious, etc.  

I've done 5 Joseph's, Miss Saigon, Evita, Aspects of Love.... all constant playing, but this is the first time I've felt anything physical.  

JMK

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2008, 11:45:10 AM »

Well this is my third time!  I'm also working with a challenging conductor who takes twice as long to get things done (communication skills from instrumentalist to vocalist is lacking) so we end up doing things over and over.  So it's been 4 hour vocal rehearsals, constant playing, turning pages, turning pages BACK on demand, etc etc... I'm not complaining but it just seems excessive at the moment.  Playing the show won't be a problem, except maybe on the one double Saturday.  But the rehearsals are un-necessarily tedious, etc.  

I've done 5 Joseph's, Miss Saigon, Evita, Aspects of Love.... all constant playing, but this is the first time I've felt anything physical.  

I've done ITW twice, both times as conductor/key 1 (and IIRC one of them I was the only keyboard player, but this was years ago back when I was as young and agile as Jose  ;D and it's hard to remember now).

JMK

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2008, 11:47:08 AM »

I just personally found PIT a much more physically demanding show than any other Sondheim I've played--by far.

FJL

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2008, 01:52:07 PM »

Hmmm...a lull in the conversation.

We're going to see IN TRANSIT tonight at the York.  Should be fun.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2008, 02:01:41 PM »

TOD:

My favorites of James Garner:

THE THRILL OF IT ALL!

THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY

VICTOR/VICTORIA

MURPHY'S ROMANCE

THE GREAT ESCAPE

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2008, 02:09:18 PM »

I began my afternoon by finishing HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN. Such a good movie. For years, it was my least favorite. Now, I really like it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2008, 02:11:37 PM »

Hello, everyone.

WHAT?? We're only on page 3?? This has got to stop!!
Well, BK's busy and I felt someone had to say it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2008, 02:12:38 PM »

TOD:

I've never been a James Garner fan, but I've always been quite fond of VICTOR/VICTORIA.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up