Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES WITH BOTOX  (Read 31497 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
NOTES WITH BOTOX
« on: September 20, 2008, 12:15:48 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes with Botox were very reminiscent of Meg Ryan, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently having Botox injections and then they'll be MOOving right along.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:45:44 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:NOTES WITH BOTOX
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 12:18:07 AM »

And the word of the day is: VENTRIPOTENT!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 01:12:03 AM »

The most exotic salad that I think I've had was the Oriental chicken salad at Applebee's. ;) It's very good.  I actually did prefer their low fat Asian chicken salad, but they don't have that anymore.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 01:16:52 AM »

I stayed at work late last night because it's the time-to-pay-the-bills-for-the-monthly-board-meeting time and I (with others) have to have the bills paid before Monday morning.  I didn't finish what I started before I had to leave last night, so I have to go in, in the morning.  Since I also have to make up some time, it's a good thing.  We can't get overtime, so if I don't finish what I started to work on, I would have to finish it on my own time. :P If I had thought about it, I could've held back some invoices and paid them next month...but I didn't. ;)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 01:29:20 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 01:30:10 AM »

And on that note (C#), I'm off to bed.

Good night, all.

singdaw

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 04:02:39 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers.

That is all.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 05:01:11 AM »

A very busy day yesterday and another today. I worked from 8am-5:30pm and then went home to change as I was participating in Toastmaster regional contest in Fort Lauderdale. I was the test speaker for area Speech Evaluation Contest.

I always call 511 before heading out on the I-95 and the traffic report was the usual slow traffic during rush hour so I took the I-95. Well sometime between I called and I got on the I95 things changes. A tractor trailer broke down in the middle lane and back up traffic even more.

I was afraid I would be late. I got off at the next exit and took a back road. The traffic was much better and I made practically every green light. I made the contest with about 5 minutes to spare,

My speech was my retelling of the fable of The Tortoise and Hare. I mixed a little of the classic fable with Disney's version, Bugs Bunny's version and mine. It went very well. All five of the contestants gave me high marks with some constructive criticism. (which I actually did on purpose so they would have some to do in this area.)

I will be giving the speech again on Monday at my group as one of my speeches for my advance speaker series in Story Telling.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 05:42:02 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Today's an information-waitressing day for me.  It was so-o-o-o nice to have electricity for my morning routine and not to have to forage for coffee on my way to work.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 06:24:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: VENTRIPOTENT!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  GLUTTONY

(Thank You Marianne Faithfull)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 06:32:53 AM »

As is so common these days, we have a salad bar at the store.  It's a good thing we're a supermarket, and not a tire store - the combination of lettuce and veggies and the smell of rubber just does not mix.

But I'm just as likely to use the salad bar as a place to get ingredients for whatever I'm fixing for dinner that night.  It's a great place to get toppings for pizzas, for instance.

I've made fruit salad several times.  Some melon pieces, some berries, and some yogurt as the dressing.  Yoplait Key Lime Thick and Creamy works particularly well.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 06:33:46 AM »

Workies.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 06:34:00 AM »

Good morning, all! I have go down to Toyland this morning and spend a bit of the day there.  I'll take along a salad with mushrooms, red and orange peppers, bits of low-fat cheddar cheese, and sliced chicken breast.

I have no other plans for today, except to accomplish some work and get back here in one piece.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 06:47:50 AM »

Good morning.  All i have to say is let the time flow, let the love grow, let the rain shower, let the rose flower - yeah, I'm still stuck on watching different youtube takes on the ANGIE theme.

I'll be an expert on the differences between season 1 and season 2 opening montages.  And as someone noted on youtube, ABC shows back then really did enjoy putting their stars in those little circles while the opening songs played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uenud_vexZA

FJL

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 06:49:56 AM »

It's very bouncy; if only I could use it as a workout song, since I don't mind hearing it over and over, at least for now.

FJL

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 06:52:09 AM »

I always love Maureen McGovern's voice; wonder if any of her other hits were up-tempo.

td

• td
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 06:53:23 AM »

T.O.D.:

I've never been a big salad guy, but two which I enjoy are:

Shredder carrots.  Chopped Walnuts.  Raisins.  Marzetti's Cole Slaw Dressing.

Fresh Broccoli Florettes.  Small Cubes Sharp Cheddar Cheese.  Freshly Crumbled Bacon.  Marsetti's Cole Slaw Dressing.

I sometimes can go for a Pittsburgh style Steak or Chicken Salad:
Assorted Greens (I prefer Spring Mix).  Grilled Steak or Chicken (with the chicken rolling in Tom's Hot Sauce).  French Fries.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 07:01:07 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I think I'm going to back to bed for a bit after the exterminator shows up.  If he shows up...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 07:09:59 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

There's a pre-pack salad mix that has radicchio, feta cheese, dried cranberries and hazelnuts with a white balsamic dressing... That's YUM!

I really like the salads at Pinch & S'Mac, especially their "Red" (Arugula, Radicchio, Red Onion, Red Grapefruit, Shaved Grana w/ Extra Virgin Oliver Oil and Grapefruit Juice); "Spinach" (Baby Spinach, Apples, Grilled Onions, Gorgonzola and Walnuts with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Agrodulce); and their "Arugula 2" (Arugula, Pears, Hazelnuts, w/ Roasted Pear Vinagrette).

When I'm at home, I keep it very simple: mesclun (sometimes with some mache) dressed with EVOO and balsamic vinegar.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 07:23:39 AM »

Good morning!

Continuing to enjoy the cool mornings and cool evenings. Eventually, the days will be cool as well which will make it fall and my favorite season.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »

I mowed my front yard this morning. The rain we've had over the last 10 days and the moderate temperatures made it shoot right up and look very ragged. Now, with a little luck, I won't have to mow the front many more times this year. I still have the back yard to do, but it's much less grown up as it's so completely shaded by huge oak trees.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 07:26:14 AM »

Today I'll be trying my best to finish the bonus features on THE GODFATHER set. Next will come another TV box set - CSI: NY. As it's my favorite of the CSI shows, I'm looking forward to watching the episodes again. And if the set is typical of previous editions, it should look very good even in SD.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 07:28:57 AM »

I make simple garden salads at home for myself. They're quick and easy to do.

I LOVE Waldorf salad but especially if there are seedless green grapes in it. One cafeteria here used to put chopped celery in their version of the salad which always turned me off. I guess it was to cut the sweetness from the other ingredients, but that's why I want Waldorf salad. I want it to be sweet.

My mom used to do a wonderful carrot salad with orange Jell-O, pineapple, and other wonderful things. I miss that.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 07:30:19 AM »

AMERICAN GANGSTER is coming on HBO-HD tonight, but I'm not sure I'm really interested in seeing it. I reviewed the PBS video set on gangsters, and this story was in there, so I'm not sure I want to revisit it again, especially since it's a pretty long movie, and I haven't even found the time to watch MICHAEL CLAYTON from last week yet.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 07:33:07 AM »

DR JMK, it sounds like you've moved WAY up the list of reviewers at your site from when you first started since it seems you're getting a lot of high profile titles that you weren't getting a few months ago. Congratulations on that.

I have a very full plate, too, and I don't mind being so busy and not having a lot of time to watch things for fun. I just hate my time being taken up with crappy stuff. I've got a movie coming up with Danny McBride that looks ridiculous, but there it is.

I guess they all can't be Criterion Collection selections.

:(

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 07:34:40 AM »

I'm assuming I'll be getting the DVD of the latest INDIANA JONES movie on Monday. The swag arrived yesterday: an Indy Jones leather wallet. Very nice actually, one of the more practical publicity gimmicks they've sent.

Ben

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 07:35:19 AM »

I need a haircut

Ben

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 07:35:41 AM »

I also will go to Time Warner Cable and pay my bill

Ben

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 07:36:16 AM »

I will go over to Chelsea Studios and notify Anthony's dance teacher of recent news about Anthony

Ben

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 07:36:36 AM »

I will put financial information into Money

Ben

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »

I will listen to Showtime on BBC Radio Wales at 5pm this afternoon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up