Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: TOMORROW'S NOTES TODAY  (Read 80951 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:TOMORROW'S NOTES TODAY
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2007, 03:40:43 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]PAGE EIGHT DANCE!![/size][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »

Dancer's choice!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2007, 03:42:13 PM »

Checking in again!

Been a little stressed. I've got school, appointments, work, & Bedu passed away from pneumonia. I've been online, but haven't been to any of my forum hangouts, not even Chris Rankin's, where I'm a mod.
Thanks to Larry for checking in on me again. I promise I'll visit regularly again when things slow down.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2007, 03:45:41 PM »

Hmmm... I see to remember being taken to task earlier for a similar comment :-\

der Brucer

Oh, but he was being an angel in that particular photo. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2007, 03:52:14 PM »

July of 2008???  Only in LA.  So, for the next year-and-a-half these incompetent LA drivers get to continue to endanger, maim, and kill people because they cannot stay off their assinine cell phones - have I got that right?  Because when they're on their assinine cell phones, they are killing machines - they have no clew where they're going, how they're driving, what lane they're supposed to be in and not only that, they don't give a crap because it's all about them and their inability to sit anywhere without TALKING to someone.  

Then, in July of 2008, nothing will change because the LA driver who gets fined will simply laugh every time and pay the ridiculous 20 or 50 bucks.  They don't and won't give a crap about that either - chump change to these spoiled creeps in their SUVs.  And they'll pay their kids' fines, too, and laugh while they're doing it.  You know what a fine is?  $200.  That would, at least, make people stop and think about it.  And if the fine were $500, maybe it would work.  If it were $1000, no one would be on their cells.  Of course, to me, allowing hands-free devices is equally as bad - because it's not the holding of the cell phone, it's the not paying attention to the driving because they're having a delightful conversation with someone and are off in some world other than being a careful driver.  So, there will continue to be accidents, ruined lives, and death because of the entitled, selfish cretins who MUST BE CONNECTED 24 hours a day.

End of rant.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2007, 03:52:32 PM »

Glad to see you, Singing Nymph. I'm so sorry to hear about Bedu.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »

Man, I was on a tear, wasn't I?  I'm so annoyed now I shall go buy a drumstick (not chicken - ice cream) and I don't care who says boo about it.

Jane

« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »

Miss Karen, I’m sorry to say it is only random ringing.  Just now it was constant ringing & I had to move the bell.  Sherlock kept ringing the bell for attention.  Very cute, however we are a bit upset at him right now.  

Unbeknownst to us he got hold of a roll of toilet paper & destroyed it.  Our concern is that he ate the entire cardboard roll inside.  I can’t find it anywhere.  

To make matters worse he grabbed a hunk out of the plastic grocery bag I was holding.  Just when we thought he was going to exchange it for a treat he bolted & unfortunately ate it.

Now of course, familiar as we are with all the horror stories, we are very concerned about him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2007, 03:57:16 PM »

I checked out the website of Tommy Ray's - just another trendy crap place designed to be a hangout for the wealthy Studio City resident, hopefully in television or films.  When I read a mission statement that begins, "We felt empowered" I know I'm in the company of people who only have the ability to talk and live in current lingoland.  Therefore, I cannot imagine their food being anything other than what is hip and trendy, and therefore I will not patronize the jernt.  When I see the constant use of the word "aioli", a word that until one year ago I never saw on a fershluganah menu, then I know what I'm in for.  The menu is loaded with words like that - hooey.  Check it out at tommyrayscafe.com - it is to laugh.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2007, 03:57:50 PM »

I'm in a ranting mood today.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2007, 04:05:45 PM »

Man, I was on a tear, wasn't I?  I'm so annoyed now I shall go buy a drumstick (not chicken - ice cream) and I don't care who says boo about it.

Well, we could take away all their cell phones and give then six-packs instead :D

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2007, 04:06:19 PM »

Actually, I think that pretty much anyone can get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  According to the official Hollywood Chamber of Commerce website[/url], the criteria for Star on the Walk of Fame includes:

1. Professional achievement
2. Longevity of five years in the field of entertainment
3. Contributions to the community
The recipient must agree to attend the dedication ceremony.
In case of a fan nomination, a letter of agreement must be sent by celebrity management.

And the sponsorship fee is only $15,000.

The Walk of Fame recipients for the year 2007 are:

MOTION PICTURES
Michael Caine, Matt Damon, Lauren Shuler Donner, Jamie Foxx, John Goodman, Michelle Pfeiffer and director Robert Altman.

TELEVISION
Erik Estrada, Kiefer Sutherland, Jerry Stiller, Barbara Walters and producer Dick Wolf.

RECORDING
Mariah Carey, Sean “Diddy” Combs, The Doors, Crystal Gayle, Tim McGraw, Leann Rimes and Shania Twain.

LIVE THEATRE/LIVE PERFORMANCE
Sir Tim Rice and Lily Tomlin.

RADIO
Rodney Bingenheimer and Stu Nahan.

Where is bk's star???
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2007, 04:07:08 PM »

DRLaura-Thank you.  It is days like today I wish we have moved to Arizona.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2007, 04:12:04 PM »

Unbeknownst to us he got hold of a roll of toilet paper & destroyed it.  Our concern is that he ate the entire cardboard roll inside.  I can’t find it anywhere.  

To make matters worse he grabbed a hunk out of the plastic grocery bag I was holding.  Just when we thought he was going to exchange it for a treat he bolted & unfortunately ate it.

Now of course, familiar as we are with all the horror stories, we are very concerned about him

I shouln't fret too much. The TP and cardboard are easily passed; likewise the plastic hunk (I might be more concerned if he ingested a whole bad that counld get intangled with other stuff and cause a clog.) Make sure he has plenty of water available.

Seems Sherlock wants to wipe from the inside out - creative ;D

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »

When I see the constant use of the word "aioli", a word that until one year ago I never saw on a fershluganah menu, then I know what I'm in for.  

Non Kosher cuisine with garlic-flavored Mayo! Think Russian Dressing!

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »

This morning, the snow started falling at my place at around 5.  So, when I left for work, there was just enough dusting of snow to cover the ice and allow me to get out of the parking lot easily.  Unfortunately, when I came home; the three extra inches of snow that fell after I left for work, made the parking lot the nastiest it has been in days.

I got stuck going down to the parking spot, I got stuck trying to get back out of the parking spot, and I finally managed to rock my car back and forth enough to get it into a parking space, although not mine.  But there is no way I am getting my car back out tomorrow morning, so I called work and left word that I wasn't coming in tomorrow.  It is suppose to freeze again tonight, but then tomorrow everything is expected to start melting.

Damn!  What a long way around, just to say I'm snowbound.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2007, 04:23:56 PM »

Today at 1:00 I left for a doctor’s appointment in Medford, about half an hour away, less if I’m rushing.  When I left there were a few, and I mean few, snow flurries.  While most the year the weather in Ashland is clearer & nicer than Medford, they rarely get snow when we have it.  To my amazement I found myself driving into a decent amount of snow and slippery roads.  

I attempted to get off at the first Medford exit only to find flares and an overturned car.  Moments later a car spun out of control two cars in front of me.  Fortunately the few cars on the road at that moment were moving very slowly & the car had plenty of room to turn around and continue in the right direction.  

I was relieved to take the next exit. With difficulty I turned left to head for my appointment, saw the Ashland sign & just got right back on the freeway.  The exit has a good, slightly uphill, curve to it and I felt relieved to make it onto the freeway, several cars didn’t.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2007, 04:24:03 PM »

Where is bk's star???

Well...sponsor him....pay the $15,000...and the star is his!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 04:25:58 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2007, 04:25:04 PM »

...but then tomorrow everything is expected to start melting.

I knew you'd get around to melting....eventually!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2007, 04:25:13 PM »

This morning, the snow started falling at my place at around 5.  So, when I left for work, there was just enough dusting of snow to cover the ice and allow me to get out of the parking lot easily.  Unfortunately, when I came home; the three extra inches of snow that fell after I left for work, made the parking lot the nastiest it has been in days.

I got stuck going down to the parking spot, I got stuck trying to get back out of the parking spot, and I finally managed to rock my car back and forth enough to get it into a parking space, although not mine.  But there is no way I am getting my car back out tomorrow morning, so I called work and left word that I wasn't coming in tomorrow.  It is suppose to freeze again tonight, but then tomorrow everything is expected to start melting.

Damn!  What a long way around, just to say I'm snowbound.

DR TCB, I am happy that you've been out and about and safely returned home.  I'm sure you're a bit exhausted, but thank God you didn't fall and damage something like a new hip. :)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2007, 04:26:14 PM »

We've had hints about snow on the news, but I dob't know if it's really on the way.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2007, 04:29:29 PM »

Interesting "American Idol" notes:

The producers say that of all the "audition" shows, the one EVERYone should watch is the one from Seattle on Wednesday night.  Apparently, it's the most appalling display of non-talent, tackiness and side-splittingly unbelievable auditions the show has ever had.

Sounds like MY kind of show!

Paula Abdul appeared on one of the local talk shows the other day.  Everyone was hoping she would explain what made the Seattle auditions so awful.  Sadly, Ms. Abdul was too drunk, or too high, or just too out of it to understand the questions the hosts were trying to ask.

You would think if her people were too busy to pay attention to her behavior; that, at least, the producers of AI would keep a little tighter gag on that woman.  It was really an embarrassment.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 04:36:40 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »

Hmm, you might try mouthwash!
[/i]

LOL TCB!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2007, 04:32:30 PM »

TCB-I’m glad you made it home okay.

I obviously made it home.  My car barely made it up our road.  It didn’t make it up our driveway & slid a good distance back down before stopping.  It’s now sitting there until tomorrow.

Fortunately, if the plastic doesn’t pass as it should, tonight won’t be the time for an emergency trip to the vet.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2007, 04:37:42 PM »

I knew you'd get around to melting....eventually!

...and none too soon.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2007, 04:40:59 PM »

July of 2008???  Only in LA.  So, for the next year-and-a-half these incompetent LA drivers get to continue to endanger, maim, and kill people because they cannot stay off their assinine cell phones -

I called Keith to let the doctor’s office know I wouldn’t be there.  He mentioned he was concerned I was using the cell phone.  No problem, I was using my new Bluetooth wireless & both hands had a good grip on the steering wheel.  Such a good grip the entire time my arms are now sore.  ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2007, 04:41:09 PM »

Good Evening!

Winter is in the air in NYC!

Finally!
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »

DR TCB, I am happy that you've been out and about and safely returned home.  I'm sure you're a bit exhausted, but thank God you didn't fall and damage something like a new hip. :)

Thanks elmore.  Me too.  I am sure that Dakota Celt and a few others would laugh at the eight inches of snow that we currently have on the ground, but we are not equipped to deal with this much snow.  I believe the city of Tacoma probably has fewer snowplows than they have city councilmen; and neither is very effective.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2007, 04:43:38 PM »

In other news...

A fun day of auditions.  There was one young man, in particular, who impressed all of us.  He was either A) amazingly talented, B) crazy and bit unhinged, or C) BOTH!

He just had a crazy-good audition.  Emphasis on "crazy".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2007, 04:43:51 PM »

I shouln't fret too much. The TP and cardboard are easily passed; likewise the plastic hunk (I might be more concerned if he ingested a whole bad that counld get intangled with other stuff and cause a clog.) Make sure he has plenty of water available.

der Brucer

I know.  We did have a dog that needed his stomach pumped.  And just yesterday we read about a dog that almost died from an obstruction.  He only ate a little bit of the stuffing from his toy.

Lots of water for the usual health reasons or related to helping him pass the plastic?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up