Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DILATED  (Read 13918 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: DILATED
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:58 PM »

Keel seems to be intentionally parodying himself in that, of course.  Like Merman in AIRPLANE, only on a smaller scale.

Howard Keel was a great entertainer.

I know he was a publicity client of mine for ten years and I am prejudiced, but:

I was a fan of his long before I ever met him.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »

I honestly can't count the times I was not informed my father was sick until he was out of danger, unless I was on vacation.  Then my sister felt the need to tell me.  Finally one year we went on a special anniversary trip to Italy and I told her she was not to let me know if he got sick unless I had to return home.  She didn't appreciate that at all.;)  Fortunately he stayed healthy that time.  Not to sound callus but I was never permitted a voice in his care or treatment.  I was only informed of what was happening and I couldn't always talk to him making me basically useless and frustrated.

Jane

« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »

Thank you DR FJL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2010, 06:30:56 PM »

~~~Tooth Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for Sherlock!!~~~

~~~Vibes for Jose's Father!!~~~

~~~Vibes for Vixmom's Mom!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »

Job vibes for John and George

Thanks, Tom!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2010, 06:37:49 PM »

I have a snger on this recording project who's driving me a bit crazy. Last week, i had to change a day around to accommodate her, after all her claims last spring that "I can drive in any time." Today, I just got an email that a round of ankle surgery that should have laid her up for two weeks has been complcated and she cannot put weight on it for six weeks. This totally screws up recording her as scheduled between Oct 2 and 6. At the moment I want to sack her, but I need to speak to the musical director and record producer. I've got two later sessions in October and November I could possibly move her to but it means contacting a lot of other singers to see if they are willing to move schedules around and I've still got two Metropolitan Opera singers I'd rather accommodate since I don't know what their Met schedules are. I hate this shit.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:46:52 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2010, 06:42:04 PM »

Thanks George.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2010, 06:46:18 PM »

And yes, since I was so self-absorbed all weekend:

Get well vibes for Jose's Dad.

Improved household vibes to JMK

Plus, vibes and good wishes for any and all that I have missed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ditto!!  (the self absorbed and all)

George

« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2010, 06:47:47 PM »

Time for me to leave work.

Until later!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2010, 06:49:28 PM »

So, i wrote her back and told her it meant a lot of shuffling singers and I was loathe to start tearing apart a schedule that had been in place for four months before soncuslting with the music director, the record producer, and the investor. Now I've gotten two emails with an attitude of "Mother's pissed, let's placate" and she says she's only asking about possible rescheduling if possible. The question is, is she pulling a diva fit?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2010, 06:50:08 PM »

It's really hard to take a good photo of the tile, not sure why.  It is glass, maybe it's just hard to photograph

I have the same problem with our glass backsplash.  Is there a website with a photo so we can see the colors better?

I see white, various shades of browns, red, and is that dark blue or black?  Did you put on each little piece individually or did it come in strips?

It looks nice.  I bet once you are done & have everything back on the counter it will look great.

It that cat hanging from the drawer a towel or a pot holder?

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=304876-87523-CHIGLABPAT648&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3056283&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=sim&rel=nofollow

It's not a whole lot better, but it's better. Click on it and it's easier to see.  It came with a mesh backing 14 tiles by 14 tiles which made it easier to install.

The cat is a pot holder

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2010, 06:51:13 PM »

And yes, since I was so self-absorbed all weekend:

Get well vibes for Jose's Dad.

Improved household vibes to JMK

Plus, vibes and good wishes for any and all that I have missed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, since you've been full of piss and vinegar, and made me laugh several times, it's quite all right.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2010, 06:53:30 PM »

Vibes for Sherlock.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2010, 06:55:54 PM »

Callie and Boo send vibes to Sherlock....even if he is a dog ;)

John G.

« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2010, 06:58:14 PM »

Had to make soup tonight. The rainy weather called for it. So I thawed some pumpkin from last year and whipped it up with some chicken stock, heavy cream and sauteed onion. It lacked a little something, which turned out, in this case, to be coconut. Didn't have coconut milk, so I used shredded coconut. Added a great texture and just the right flavor.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2010, 07:07:28 PM »

BK, I have progressive lenses in my glasses.  I like them most of the time. When I read a lot, I take them off.

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2010, 07:07:55 PM »

Yum,John G

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2010, 07:08:47 PM »

If I had known that cutting glass tiles with my handy dandy glass tile cutting tool would be so easy, I would have done it last night

Laura

« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:23 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »

What a comedy of errors day this has been.  I was supposed to have a two-o'clock meeting at LACC - I e-mailed the guy last night and twice today asking for confirmation, but never got it.  While I was dealing with the mail problems I got an e-mail from him at two-thirty asking where I was.  I called him immediately and it turns out that all my e-mails were in his spam folder.  He's fixed that now and we've rescheduled for tomorrow.  Then my friend e-mailed me this morning to say she'd put in the ticket request and would be through by three and did we want to have dinner before seeing The Glass Menagerie.  I said great and at five I drove to the Music Center - no traffic, got there in twenty minutes, parked underneath, walked up to the Taper and called my friend on her cell.  She sounded horrified and then told me it's NEXT week we're going - that was not clear in any e-mail she sent - in fact, anyone would have thought it was tonight from her e-mails.  I told her no sweat and then I had to drive home in horrendous rush hour traffic, although it really only took about thirty minutes back to the Valley.  I went to Gelson's, got a Wolfgang Puck roasted half-chicken, of which I just ate the breast and the wing (don't like the other stuff).  I'm now watching Forbidden Planet, which, thus far, does not look that good on Blu and Ray.  I still have the SE DVD and I'll compare it later.

Laura

« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2010, 07:16:07 PM »

And:

Laura

« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2010, 07:18:13 PM »

And:

John G.

« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2010, 07:19:42 PM »

Thank you, Laura. Beautiful photos.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »

Thank you Cilla & Johh.

John I want some of your soup.  It would be perfect on this dreary day when I fear I'm coming down with a cold. 

Laura

« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »

On Sunday when I was in Indiana, I went for a walk and saw this:

John G.

« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2010, 07:21:45 PM »

Watching "The World According to Garp" for the first time since I saw the movie the theater upon initial release. Time has been kind to the movie and I'm glad the book is no longer quite so fresh in my mind. It's also fun seeing John Lithgow in his first screen appearance since I've started watching Dexter Season 4 on DVD and he's great in both.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2010, 07:22:17 PM »

Cilla thanks for the link.  It may be a sharper photo but yours looks better with the kitchen ;)

Jane

« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »

Laura my new found cousin asked if I photograph flowers.  Since I don't have any of mine I copied a couple of your beautiful photos.

Jane

« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »

'night

Laura

« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2010, 07:24:49 PM »

And this:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up