Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY THAT WAS A BLUR  (Read 8813 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE DAY THAT WAS A BLUR
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »

I got two really nice and big  Top  Round London Broilers and marinated them in a soy/sesame/ginger marinade  and made my mushroom side dish - 6 vidalia onions, 6 lbs of large sliced white mushrooms - which I tossed with olive oil and then cooked on the grill (in aluminum pans) until they cooked down enough and consolidated them all  into one pan - added butter and sherry and then let them simmer a bit more then covered them up in foil and they stayed warm - then at my brothers  they stayed in the oven  on warm til we were ready to serve them - so they had more time to soak up the sherry and butter

Made a nice salad and a fruit platter with red and green grapes, blueberries, strawberries and canteloupe,  made up a  basket of 40 small rolls - half crusty "artisan" rolls and half soft finger rolls)

When I got to my brother and  SIL's home she had stemed up a bunch of lobster  then cracked them  cut up all the meat into  nice chunks and melted in some butter and spices, had corn on the cob and made up a bunch of terriyaki chicken wings
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2012, 08:09:39 PM »

At least my Internet access is back up...again. :P

I called Comcast and they're going to send someone on Wednesday to check the line again.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »

And they of course supplied the venue and all the drinks and decorations  - (and I am afraid got stuck with most of the cleaning)

George

« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »

Happy Birthday to all the Vixfamily!

I think you do a cake that just says Happy Birthday. Or list the names. But I also love the idea of the cupcakes around the cake with all the names. I'm sure whatever you do will be nice.

Happy Birthday to All of the Vixfamily members!!  I also like the idea of one big "Happy Birthday" cake and cupcakes with names.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2012, 08:42:05 PM »

well big day at church tomorrow - we are celebrating 10 year anniversary of our Pastor's ordination --- he served as our Vicar when he was in his last year of seminary -- in fact his first sermon  turned out to be the Sunday after 9/11...

time to get some sleep I am serving as assisting minister and I have been warned that the Bishop and our former Pastor's may be attending ....no pressure....

George

« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2012, 09:02:31 PM »

Has anyone ever published a book consisting of nothing but Overheard Remarks and Conversations?  Because I know who should.

I remember reading of a website (of course) where people can post what they've overheard.  I don't remember what it was, though.

George

« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »

Oh sure, I show up and Jane leaves!

I love Jane Leeves!  She was in "Murphy Brown," then "Frasier," and now "Hot in Cleveland."

;)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2012, 09:09:07 PM »

bk - I love all the songs you have written, and there are songs that you talk about in your books that have never been recorded.  What about your shows about food?  How about some studio cast recordings of your shows that we have never heard.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2012, 09:21:31 PM »

I got off my lazy ASS and did a three-mile jog at seven.  I've been watching a Beck movie that isn't really a Beck movie - The Laughing Policeman, where instead of Martin Beck we have Jake Martin and instead of Sweden we have San Francisco, CA. 

George

« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2012, 09:30:05 PM »

Well, the laserdisc version of "1776" has been recorded to my DVD burner and the first disc (sides one and two) are being burned onto a DVD.  After that, I'll burn disc 2 (sides three and four) onto another disc.  Each disc will have automatically created chapter stops.  My burner can't make a fancy menu.  It'll just start playing.  Good enough for me...until someone's able to finally release it on Blu-ray.

:)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »

Had dinner outdoors tonight and it was actually quite pleasant, thanks to some overhead fans keeping things cool. Plus, it was in the Hill Country so it wasn't as bad as it is in the city (it's still 94 degrees).
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »

Day 2 of my trip to the lake....Jon, aka jhvw shut his finger in the door and will likely lose his fingernail.   
Day 3 AM of my vacation...I wiped out on a cat toy my sister bought for the cats and hit my cheekbone on a table.  It'll be ok, but I'm sure the bruise will be lovely
Day 3 PM...2 1/2 year old Violet falls out of her pack and play while trying to scale the walls in an escape attempt....she broke her arm!

Despite all of this...it's been a good trip and fun to see everyone

Matthew

« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2012, 09:47:16 PM »

2 1/2 year old broke her arm?   That cannot be pretty.  Sorry :(

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2012, 09:51:15 PM »

She's doing ok.  It was a stage 1 or whatever the most minor break is and is just above the elbow.  Sounds more like a crack than a break.  Her parents rushed her to the hospital immediately, not sure if it was a broken arm.  She's got a pink cast on it and a little sling.   She was fussy tonight, as she had every right to be, but enjoyed watching TINKERBELL and has been sleeping for over 4 1/2 hours now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2012, 09:54:01 PM »

She spent most of the evening on her mom's lap.  She got some medicine for pain from the doctor and I'm sure that's helping her sleep.  she's an adorable kid.  Her Uncle Andy and I made a trip to the store while waiting for them to come home from the hospital and bought her toys and all her favorite foods. 

Matthew

« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2012, 10:01:36 PM »

Well, all that said.   You're gonna love tomorrow!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2012, 10:01:41 PM »

Time for me to get some sleep.  Mom and dad don't like to have the AC on.  When it was time to go to bed it was about 83 degrees in the house.  They argued with me about turning on the air for quite some time. It's thier house, so I packed up some ice packs to sleep with and got ready for bed.   About 10 minutes later, mom came downstairs and said "It's too hot to sleep upstairs, I'm turning on the AC".   Good grief.

George

« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2012, 10:09:01 PM »

Day 2 of my trip to the lake....Jon, aka jhvw shut his finger in the door and will likely lose his fingernail.   
Day 3 AM of my vacation...I wiped out on a cat toy my sister bought for the cats and hit my cheekbone on a table.  It'll be ok, but I'm sure the bruise will be lovely
Day 3 PM...2 1/2 year old Violet falls out of her pack and play while trying to scale the walls in an escape attempt....she broke her arm!

Despite all of this...it's been a good trip and fun to see everyone

~~~QUICK RECOVERY VIBES FOR EVERYONE!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2012, 10:27:25 PM »

I gotta tell you.

George

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17:42 AM »

"Molasses to Rum" has just been burned onto a DVD.

Just had to share.

George

« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »

I put sides 1&2 of the laserdisc onto one DVD and then sides 3&4 onto another disc.  It's all still the 4:3 widescreen, but it looks good.

George

« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »

What's really interesting is that a great portion of the show/movie is about compromise...what's more important:  ending slavery or beginning a new nation. 

George

« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2012, 12:22:38 AM »

Ending slavery was certainly important, but they realized that they had to declare independence first, and then slavery would have to be dealt with later. 

George

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2012, 12:23:15 AM »

Nowadays, everyone's "argument" is "it's either my way or the highway."

That's not compromise.  No one seems to want to discuss anything anymore...just yell at each other.

George

« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »

:P is what I say to that.

George

« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2012, 12:24:25 AM »

I think a lot of today's politicians could learn something from this movie...and not just about the history of our country.

George

« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2012, 12:25:23 AM »

Just my 2¢.

George

« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2012, 12:29:51 AM »

Well...

George

« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2012, 12:29:59 AM »

...since...

George

« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2012, 12:30:13 AM »

...we're so close and I don't have anything else to say...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up