Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WILTED  (Read 64952 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:WILTED
« Reply #300 on: August 08, 2007, 03:23:17 PM »

I see on the menu for tomorrow that we're having "cactus paddles". That should be interesting!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #301 on: August 08, 2007, 03:23:18 PM »

They should look nice in the new editing room, if the wall can hold them!

If not, build a bigger wall (that's what DearReader Laura would do!)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #302 on: August 08, 2007, 03:24:10 PM »

I see on the menu for tomorrow that we're having "cactus paddles". That should be interesting!

Sounds kinky ::)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #303 on: August 08, 2007, 03:25:29 PM »

Hmm.. nopales... YUM!  Will they be pickled? stuffed? roasted? stewed?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #304 on: August 08, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »

and, as I said, the No. 1 was not running smoothly uptown at 2:30 pm.

Well, just to cover your bases, you could always take the bus up a few blocks to 96th Street so that you could have your choice of the 1, 2, or 3.  -Of course, if you take the 2 or 3, then you'd have to get off in the middle of all the Times Square madness, rather than getting off at 50th.  -Unless you were able to switch over to the 1 at 72nd.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #305 on: August 08, 2007, 03:28:55 PM »

I guess the actress is out, since it's after five, and I think we'll make the next offer.

This whole business reminds me of when we're casting for low-budget films. The actors hold out on making a commitment because they're waiting for another offer which would mean more money/higher profile. So they string you along and it's nerve-wracking because you want to cast someone opposite them that they'd work well with.

I'm not saying that this actress is holding out, just that I feel your pain, bk!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2007, 03:29:53 PM »

Sounds kinky ::)

But not as kinky as "beaver tail"!

Edisaurus

« Reply #307 on: August 08, 2007, 03:32:29 PM »

The chef is gone so I will file a paddle report tomorrow. He's also serving mojito grilled snapper and patatas bravas (what are those?)

He likes to have themes...

We are getting so spoiled here! (If only lunch was served with mojitos...)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #308 on: August 08, 2007, 03:37:56 PM »

An acquired taste.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #309 on: August 08, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »

The chef is gone so I will file a paddle report tomorrow. He's also serving mojito grilled snapper and patatas bravas (what are those?)

He likes to have themes...

We are getting so spoiled here! (If only lunch was served with mojitos...)

Patatas bravas are basically Spanish french-fries/home fries.  Chunks of potatoes that have been deep-fried. Usually sprinkled with hot paprika and served with either an aioli or salsa rioja. If I go to a tapas restaurant, I usually get an order.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:45:59 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #310 on: August 08, 2007, 03:59:59 PM »

Our office moved to a new building a couple of weeks ago. I love my new office area which has a huge picture window that looks down on State Street....but by gosh I have never been in a place that has so many ambulances, fire engines, and police cars racing by with lights flashing and sirens going.

I am beginning to think this part of town is a hive of criminal activity and accidents.

MBarnum

« Reply #311 on: August 08, 2007, 04:00:44 PM »

You guys are making me very hungry.

Fortunately I will soon be picking my mom up so that we can go to a Chinese place for dinner.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #312 on: August 08, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »

Der Brucer's leg is in the oven.

The leg of lamb, silly people.   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #313 on: August 08, 2007, 04:11:14 PM »

Sadly I am not going to make it to Joe Allen's tonight... I'm still here at work and will be here for a bit longer. I shudder to think what the commute from the Bronx to midtown would be like.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #314 on: August 08, 2007, 04:14:08 PM »

And speaking of Joe Allen, I guess I should get ready to head back down to 46th Street.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #315 on: August 08, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »

Hey NYC HHWers ~ Approximately how long does it take by taxi to get from JFK to Midtown Manhattan -- say to Hell's Kitchen at around 9:30 PM? (Will today's travel issues impact being able to get a taxi out of JFK tonight?)

Ben

« Reply #316 on: August 08, 2007, 04:17:21 PM »

Nor will I be at JA's. I'll see you the next time you're in NYC Bruce which won't be too long.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #317 on: August 08, 2007, 04:19:20 PM »

It occurs to me, that once we've got der B's birthday dinner out of the way, we've got mine to consider.

One week and two days later.

And I am not doing the cooking.

Miss Karen

« Reply #318 on: August 08, 2007, 04:19:39 PM »

Der Brucer's leg is in the oven.

The leg of lamb, silly people.   ;D

Would that be with a side of fava beans and a nice glass of chianti, der Woody?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #319 on: August 08, 2007, 04:27:30 PM »

The menu has already been posted.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #320 on: August 08, 2007, 04:30:33 PM »

Hey NYC HHWers ~ Approximately how long does it take by taxi to get from JFK to Midtown Manhattan -- say to Hell's Kitchen at around 9:30 PM? (Will today's travel issues impact being able to get a taxi out of JFK tonight?)

Maybe an hour?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #321 on: August 08, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »

The reservation is under Bruce's name for 8 p.m.  It can't go too late since Bruce has a very early flight tomorrow, and I think we must relinquish the table at 10:30 tonight anyway.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #322 on: August 08, 2007, 04:51:10 PM »

Oh, a wise guy, heh?  (Pokes Ronnie in the eyes and hits him on the head with her Acme mallet.) Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

WhyIOUGHTA!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #323 on: August 08, 2007, 04:54:15 PM »

Boy, DR Singdaw has certainly been E&T. I thought he had access to his DH's "trusty laptop"!

Maybe his wrists snapped or something.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #324 on: August 08, 2007, 05:01:18 PM »

Just a brief note.... It has been a very difficult day.. My dad is in ICU and I am on my way with DBF to Grand Forks.

~~~Vibes for Dakota's Dear Father!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #325 on: August 08, 2007, 05:02:56 PM »

....and I can tell you that many hainsies/kimlets will be very happy to see two of the boys in their small, tight gold lame bathing suits.

TAKE MANY PICTURES!!!!! ;D

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #326 on: August 08, 2007, 05:03:32 PM »

The Kinky Atered Perspective Dance in honor of Page 8 (with two studs in gold lame undies popping  

Hey! This is a family site, Miss K! :o

True...but there is more than one way to define the word "family." ;)

George

« Reply #327 on: August 08, 2007, 05:04:02 PM »

Joyce is the character, not the actress.  The latest: The agent is telling us that the actress really wants to do it, but must talk to her husband who was supposed to be home by now but who's running late.  So, she asked us to wait just a little while longer, and since it's now to late for the other offer to go out, we'll wait - I'm hoping to hear tonight, or the morning at the latest, but if we haven't heard by ten-thirty, the other offer goes out - and that actress is free and if she likes it, that will probably work out.  Gregg Edelman, whose offer was on the table for Fred, will be out of the country, so the next offer is already out - haven't worked with this actor, but everyone I've spoken to about him adores him, so I'm just  flying on a wing and a prayer.

Too bad you couldn't get Gregg Edelman and real-life-wife Carolee Carmello.

:)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:13:58 PM by George »

Ginny

« Reply #328 on: August 08, 2007, 05:14:20 PM »

{{{{{DR DakotaCelt}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #329 on: August 08, 2007, 05:16:15 PM »

Here's our new stove, upon which we just cooked breakfast-for-dinner:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:16:38 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up