Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE REAL A  (Read 21496 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE REAL A
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2009, 02:01:41 PM »

Okay fair enough. Although it was all over (on tv too), not just on sites about shows. Actually i posted a detailed description of what would happen yesterday. :)

Well, you did post a "Spoiler Alert", so... Consider it "not read". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2009, 02:03:26 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Ah... How I do love that hot, steaming, mentholated towel at the end of my haircut.  AHHH!!! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »

PAGE SEVEN HOT TOWEL WARMER DANCE!!!

[/central]
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »

This just in -- literally. So new, the ladder is still in place:

Pretty.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2009, 02:07:03 PM »

OK - Time to finish up one more load of laundry, and then I'll pack my luggage for my trip to Birmingham.  -Which really shouldn't take too long since I'll only be down there for four days.

...And then I can have a nice, leisurely evening.  :)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »

It sure does cut down the glare in the room.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Michael

« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »

DR Michael Shayne is absolutely correct that the first foray for me into the world of cyberspace was on Fidonet where bulletin boards like GREASEPAINT (where I first met him) and FILM (which I moderated for a while) were the popular means of communication.

I was using my Atari 800XL with a 1200 baud modem then (I had upgraded from a 300 baud modem). My lord, how far we've progressed since those days!

DR. MATT

I wonder does Greasepaint still exist in any form.
 I remember when TJ Edwards would post there under another name whose name escape at the moment/

I think he just might feel welcome here.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2009, 03:29:52 PM »

Good Evening!

Was everyone else also doing laundry and packing for a trip over the past hour? -Except DR Michael S.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2009, 03:32:06 PM »

And, yes, I'm still doing laundry - I just want to come home to an empty hamper. However, I have packed my clothes for my trip tomorrow.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2009, 03:41:11 PM »

Are you training them to pole-dance?

der Brucer

Oh, no. Mae-Ling knows girls shouldn't show their vagina.

She's safe - that's the only thing pole dancers don't show.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Michael

« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2009, 03:42:39 PM »

Here is an interesting news item headline from playbill

Phantom's Shayne to Star in Schoolhouse Theater's Biography
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2009, 03:42:45 PM »

Here's the link DR Jane sent me.   It's got a link to a Church Sign Generator. You can make a photo of a church sign say anything, lol
http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/dogheaven.asp

This is very funny! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »

It sure does cut down the glare in the room.

So the congregants can hide from the piercing gaze of the Almighty?

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #193 on: March 03, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »

Ginny I am glad to hear your optician is having your lenses reground for you.  Are you able to keep the current ones until the new lenses come back or are you stuck with your sunglasses again?

I get to keep the faulty lenses (which really aren't that bad, except for reading) and they'll just switch them at the office when the new ones come in.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #194 on: March 03, 2009, 03:50:15 PM »

I'm very impressed the office called to check on you.  This is a good optician.

She knew when I left there on Friday that there might be a problem.  She is very good at her job - today she even said, "Your right eye is bothering you more than the left, isn't it?"  Just by watching me look at the tip of her nose.  She was right.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »

Well, I need to head out to run an errand, and then I'm meeting up with a friend for dinner.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »

In other news, I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with a cold  :P

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »

I am so bored I could scream.

DR Vixmom - you could work up a detailed Facebook presence for yourself!

Ginny

« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »

DR DAW - I call my DH's brothers' wives my sisters-in-law.  Except when I call them Kathy and Jayne.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 06:22:02 PM by Ginny »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:53 PM »

It's been another one of those non-stop busy days.  I had to do a lot of e-mailing this morning, and finished getting the webgal everything she needs for the two new releases.  I'm really pushing for Friday, which she says will be tight, but I've told her it's important.  Then I did a really brisk long jog, then had a lunch, then had to go directly to an important meeting at LACC with the President, VP, and head of the Theater Academy.  It was a very good meeting, and while Nudie can't happen this summer, it could conceivably happen next summer.  However, we're also going to talk about making it a part of a regular season and seeing if that could work, the way we did The Brain.  We shall see.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »

The CD packaging for both titles was approved so those have gone off to the printers.  We're hoping that the Anya and Rio CD masters will be overnighted to the pressing plant tomorrow, so they'll have that on Thursday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »

Listening to Rio with its bonus tracks - what a great and wonderful score.  For those who are doing the usual "it's a soundtrack I don't care" thing - this is so delightful you should take a chance - it has a few songs, bossa nova cues, action cues, romantic cues, and Mr. Delerue, who gave the world many incredible scores (Day Of The Dolphin, Shoot The Piano Player, A Little Romance, and hundreds of others) is one of the greats.  Don't miss out on it, it's something else.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »

Right now, I'm listening to "Rashomon" and I'm enjoying it.  I haven't gotten to the "Death of a Salesman" tracks, yet.  Last week, the original Japanese "Rashomon" movie was on TCM...or was it Fox Movie Channel?  Anyway, I've never seen it and will watch it soon. :)

It's a very nice CD, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2009, 05:04:37 PM »

FOX411

West Side Glory: Musical Is A Hit Before Opening

The revival of the famed 1957 musical “West Side Story” is already a hit. Last week its box office take was so good that it finished second only to “Wicked” — even though it doesn’t open officially until March 19th — grossing an astounding $1,042,713 for its first seven shows. I’m told the producers have $10 million cash in the bank, and are aiming — fingers crossed — for a three year run on Broadway.

I took advantage of a snowy Monday and popped into last night’s preview for an early look. Arthur Laurents, the 90 year old writer of “WSS,” is directing the show. He happened to be sitting in front of me. Talk about spry! Just as the show ended, he sprinted up the aisle to give notes to the cast. Last year, Laurents directed Patti Lupone in a revival of another of his shows, “Gypsy.”

I can’t tell you too much about “WSS” just yet except that the theater was full and the audience loved the show. There are no “names” except Matt Cavenaugh, who plays Tony and has appeared in a couple of earlier musicals. He’s a break out star from this, but so is 21 year old Josefina Scaglione. She’s been imported directly from Buenos Aires, looks more Irish than Latina, and is drop dead gorgeous. She’s also a trained opera singer with a stunning voice. The story is that friends of Laurents saw her perform in Buenos Aires. She subsequently put an audition on You Tube, the famed director loved it, and sent for her. Talk about overnight sensation!

Broadway aficionados may rest assured that Jerome Robbins’ extraordinary choreography has been meticulously reproduced by Joey McKneely. The dancing in “WSS” remains not only of the highest standard, but something that truly can be described as “awesome.”

It’s kind of crazy to see “West Side Story” the night after “Guys and Dolls.” It makes you wonder why no one writes real songs anymore. It’s a lost art.

Seems like spring 2009 is going to be all about nostalgia on Broadway, which is fine. But it won’t be so much fun if traffic is all snarled up from turning the Great White Way into a mall. Last night even the people who work at the Palace Theater were wondering aloud about this cockamamie idea.

OK Big Apple residents: what's this "Broadway Mall" bit all about?

der Brucer

$10 Million cash  in the bank - BK will believe after he counts it!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: March 03, 2009, 05:05:46 PM »

Glad you like it.  I'm getting some real nice compliments on the CD elsewhere, especially about Salesman - my worrying was for naught, as people think it sounds better than I led them to believe - I'd rather go overboard with the caveats so that if it sounds better it will be a pleasant surprise.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »

I should think JMK would especially be interested in Rio given his love of all things Brazilian.  There are a few homages to Black Orpheus.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: March 03, 2009, 05:06:41 PM »

We're still on page seven?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2009, 05:07:37 PM »

My editor is calling at six and I'll tell him where the one problem I had was and he'll fix it up.  It was in the intro to Bridge Over Troubled Water - I don't remember the shots looking so choppy when we did it, but it's just one or two things that need adjusting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: March 03, 2009, 05:09:25 PM »

I believe I'll be watching a Paul Newman movie tonight, having just received the latest Newman batch.  Which movie is unknown at this time.  I've never seen When Time Ran Out and I'm tempted because it's supposed to be so bad, but then again so is The Silver Chalice, and that's 135 minutes worth of bad.  But I might go for The Helen Morgan Story - haven't seen it in years and I remember enjoying it a lot.  Or Rachel, Rachel, or The Outrage.  Actually, I'll probably go for the latter.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: March 03, 2009, 05:09:38 PM »

What am I, doing a monologue?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up