Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOW IS THE TIME  (Read 14807 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:NOW IS THE TIME
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2004, 12:15:48 AM »

Well, with stories of bus trips and frustrating shirt shopping expeditions and road show adventures, etc, we've managed to post quite a respectable number of posts for a lazy Sunday. I, for one, was not being lazy. As I said earlier, I was working. One of these days I may even get a day off. My boss is a bitch, though. She never gives me time off. I'll get a little non-writing time tomorrow morning when I have the pleasure of going to the dentist. It's just a regular cleaning appointment, but I've been unable to chew on one side for quite some time -- which may be a clue that something is wrong. I am not looking forward to the visit.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2004, 12:16:02 AM »

Oh... Well... I might as well get us to Page 6....

-And, if you haven't guessed by now, I'm most definitely a Night Owl.  -And sometimes I'm such a Night Owl, that I become an Early Riser sometimes... since I haven't been to bed yet!
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2004, 12:16:42 AM »

And one for Mahler.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2004, 12:17:47 AM »

Ah, well... DR Panni beat me to the proverbial punch...

THIS MEANS WAR!!!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2004, 12:18:46 AM »

Ooops (Spooo)! Sorry, DR Jose. Didn't mean to step on your lines.

Panni

« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2004, 12:20:50 AM »

Once again we've crossed posts. I didn't see your declaration of WAR before apologizing. I guess we have to duel it out, DR Jose. Perhaps in the parking lot behind the Hudson next Thursday. But if I win, who will play for the show?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2004, 12:23:49 AM »

As for my day off today...

AND I noticed posters for What If? posted here in there in many a shop window!

Jose, what's the possibility of you snagging a poster for me??  Are there different sizes?  I'd be more than willing to pay for shipping!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2004, 12:26:00 AM »

Once again we've crossed posts. I didn't see your declaration of WAR before apologizing. I guess we have to duel it out, DR Jose. Perhaps in the parking lot behind the Hudson next Thursday. But if I win, who will play for the show?

Hmm...  Well, maybe we could duel with squirt guns!  Or water balloons!  Or we could be a bit more genteel and each of could bring in a favorite pastry, pie, etc., and then we could have a "taste off"!  Hmmm....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2004, 12:35:12 AM »

Jose, what's the possibility of you snagging a poster for me??  Are there different sizes?  I'd be more than willing to pay for shipping!

Well, considering Tammy ordered about 2400(!) posters for the show...  I'm sure I can snag you one or two or...  -It was one of those strange but true deals in the land of printing where once you hit a certain quantity, the price actually starts to drop.  If I recall correctly, the price for 2400 posters was actually cheaper then the price for 1000 posters - or something strange like that.

When I used to do graphic layout work for a small opera company in DC, I would always get these "deals" from the printers.  Apparently, it has something to do with how the new printing presses are programmed and how many packages of paper have to be opened - and counted, or not counted if you're using a full ream.  In any case...

The size of the poster looks like to be the size of a standard window card - whatever that is - sorry, I don't have a ruler right now, and I can't remember what standard window card size is right now either.  The one "drawback" is that the posters are printed on standard glossy stock, and not card stock, so they're a bit "flimsy".  To get them shipped to you - or any other DR - would require a mailing tube.  So...

I'm sending out some postcards and posters this week.  if you PM me your mailing info, I'll try my best to get something in the mail to you this week.  And if not this week, most definitely by the end of next week.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2004, 12:41:53 AM »

DR George (and other interested DRs) - I just checked the poster... It measures 11"x17" - It was easy to measure since I had an 8-1/2"x11" piece of paper handy.  So, that's the size.

And now that I think of it, I think standard window card size if 14x22 - ???
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2004, 01:00:28 AM »

Well, I MUST get myself to bed!  I've had a long day and I still need to get up in the morning to go to work.  Good night all!  And again, thanks, Jose!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2004, 01:05:22 AM »

I'm off to bed now too... Guess I'll have to read the new notes in the morning.   Well, later in the morning.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up