Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARLY SHOW  (Read 18738 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE EARLY SHOW
« Reply #270 on: January 17, 2009, 08:23:16 PM »

Whew!  I have been spending the evening doing laundry and trying on everything in my closet to see what fits and what doesn't.   

Der Brucer you are right. I'm getting rid of all the stuff that's too big with only a couple exceptions.  One pair of jeans I bought when I was at my heaviest and a business suit I bought then too so I have something to look back at when I start feeling like I'm not making progress.  The rest is going including some of my favorite jackets.  I thought about eBay, but I don't really have time to mess with it so, I'm going to take it all to Goodwill.  I like that idea a lot better.  I did think about having things altered, but I think I just want a clean break.  I still have plenty to wear for now, so ...   It feels good

The most fun was trying on my former "skinny" clothes and finding that they fit!  I was dancing around in the dress I wore to my nephew's wedding.  It was a kick

Congratulations, Cillaliz! I'm not at that point yet, and my "skinny" clothes would be so old...I don't know if I would have anything I would want to wear, so I'll probably keep wearing my same clothes until they're too baggy to stay on. (I hate shopping for clothes!)

I've been wearing my baggy clothes but bought one pair of jeans that fit a week or two ago.  After wearing them for a while, it started to bother me that my other clothes were so baggy.  I also have noticed at work that some of my clothes are just too big and I don't think that looks very professional. So, I'm hoping to have a smaller wardrobe that actually fits.

There were some great sales at Younkers today (it's a department store) I actually got 2 pair of pants for $5.02 each! At these clearance prices, I'll buy the size that fits.   Anyway, I haven't bought a lot, but have bought enough that I have clothes to wear to work and if I go out with friends. 

What I'm calling my skinny clothes are only a few years old.  I got rid of a lot of them, but kept the things I really liked the best.  If I get too small for these clothes, I'll be in a pickle. I don't have any of my really skinny clothes.  Those would be about 20 years old by now if I did.

Cillaliz

« Reply #271 on: January 17, 2009, 08:25:06 PM »

DR Edi, since you mentioned it, how is the diet going for you?

Cillaliz

« Reply #272 on: January 17, 2009, 08:27:07 PM »

Gotta go check the laundry.  Be right back

Laura

« Reply #273 on: January 17, 2009, 08:29:37 PM »

Happy Birthday, Noel!

Happy Anniversary, Ginny and Richard!

I'm glad the memorial service went well and that it is over, TCB.

Congratulations on the house repairs, Danise. I hope yours goes faster than our new bathroom went a couple years ago!

Feel better soon,  td.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #274 on: January 17, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »

I have had a very long day of meetings. Even during dinner, the discussion continued. I was a very good girl and ate broccoli and fish for lunch, then ate only the vegetables for dinner and skipped the cheesecake. It was too hard to get the cholesterol under control for me to ruin it now.

Laura

« Reply #275 on: January 17, 2009, 08:32:41 PM »

Tomorrow we get more all day meetings again. So I think I am going to try to go to sleep. There is cable here, so I think I'll see if HGTV is available and let it lull me to sleep.

Laura

« Reply #276 on: January 17, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »

Oh -- I bought some teen magazines for the pictures of Donny Osmond, which I taped to my bedroom walls.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #277 on: January 17, 2009, 08:38:30 PM »

Heading down to bed now.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #278 on: January 17, 2009, 09:06:19 PM »

I've lost a little over 30 lbs. but still am not feeling it, although my clothes are looser...  The WW program has been great.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

FJL

« Reply #279 on: January 17, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »

The heat went off at midnight again - the sequel

FJL

« Reply #280 on: January 17, 2009, 09:12:06 PM »

Just back from dessert and drinks with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew.  Well, anyway, for dessert i had two pancakes and for a drink i had an Oreo milkshake.  Just to be social.

If i were on Weight Watchers, the estimated points would be approx. a gazillion.

Edisaurus

« Reply #281 on: January 17, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »

Tomorrow we get more all day meetings again. So I think I am going to try to go to sleep. There is cable here, so I think I'll see if HGTV is available and let it lull me to sleep.

They're still running our gardening show on Thursday mornings at 7AM est.  I wrote and edited this show (along with another writer/editor) for 15 seasons, so I miss it, but HGTV has ditched most of their gardening shows.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #282 on: January 17, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »

I am actually surprised how little it feels like a diet. I'm just more aware of the types of food I'm eating and trying to make smart decisions---something I should have been doing 20 years ago, but oh well...

Cillaliz

« Reply #283 on: January 17, 2009, 09:21:01 PM »

I've lost a little over 30 lbs. but still am not feeling it, although my clothes are looser...  The WW program has been great.
CONGRATS!!!! I agree about WW. If you really want to feel it, take the time to go to a store and try on clothes.  If you've lost 30 pounds you should be a size or two smaller. My guess is you'll really start to feel it when you see what you can fit into now. 

I've been slacking on my exercise and really need to get back into it.   

Laura

« Reply #284 on: January 17, 2009, 09:21:18 PM »

I saw one of your gardening shows when I was at my sister's house, Edi. I saw your name. It was about a man who had a hammock gazebo with rain.

Laura

« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2009, 09:24:39 PM »

Sadly, no HGTV here. But flipping through looking, I came across Kim Criswell and Audra McDonald singing "The Wrong Note Rag"with an orchestra and backup singers. The audience applauded nicely, as though they thought it was serious.

Nothing of interest. Well, maybe channel 33, which seems to be a surveillance camera on a lightpole in a park. The picture hasn't changed, even though I have flipped through the channels four times, looking for something interesting to watch.

I did get to see an episode of COPS -- the only real reality show.

Cillaliz

« Reply #286 on: January 17, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »

I am actually surprised how little it feels like a diet. I'm just more aware of the types of food I'm eating and trying to make smart decisions---something I should have been doing 20 years ago, but oh well...

That's exactly how I feel.   I've noticed I'm starting to automatically pick the better choice.  I really do feel better.  Today was a big boost for me.   It seems like a little thing, but I was able to visualize the change and that makes me want to keep going.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #287 on: January 17, 2009, 09:28:39 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from the movie...

"Slumdog Millionaire" still got to me the second time around.  What was really cool was being able to see how the literary and operatic references in the movie actually play out in the movie's plot.  And, yes, I cried again too.  I was also very pleasantly surprised to see that the movie was sold out, and I even saw a few familiar faces in the crowd.  I didn't manage to catch up with an actor I've worked with before, but I did run into the guitarist who played for the production of Violet I music directed a couple of years ago.

*And Steve liked the movie too.  -Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: January 17, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »

Back from dinner...

We ended up back at Joe's Inn.  Steve had the Broiled Salmon Special, and I had the Spaghetti a la Joe - baked spaghetti topped with provolone and meat sauce.  All very yummy, and quite filling.  -Oh, and we had dessert too: Oreo Mudslide Pie and Chocolate Mousse Pie.  Again, very yummy and very filling.  And in the case of the Oreo Mudslide Pie, very(!) rich too.

Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2009, 09:37:05 PM »

I am watching old Mexican films now. That Ricardo Montalban sure did work out at the gym a lot! Whew!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2009, 09:37:49 PM »

Congrats to DRs Cillaliz and Edisaurus on your "lessening".  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #291 on: January 17, 2009, 09:39:22 PM »

Thanks DR Jose.  Glad you enjoyed Slumdog again. I really want to see it, but right now I'd have to drive about 100 miles to get to the closest theater.  I'm still hoping for  a wider release SOON

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2009, 09:46:10 PM »

Umm... I guess I sort of knew in advance that "SNL" would sort of suck tonight since Rosario Dawson is the host... :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #293 on: January 17, 2009, 10:05:18 PM »

Time for me to get some sleep.  I installed one of those rain shower heads today.  I was planning to take a shower before bed, but as late as it is, I'll wait until morning.  I'm looking forward to it

Edisaurus

« Reply #294 on: January 17, 2009, 10:06:44 PM »

Sadly, no HGTV here. But flipping through looking, I came across Kim Criswell and Audra McDonald singing "The Wrong Note Rag"with an orchestra and backup singers. The audience applauded nicely, as though they thought it was serious.

We're supposed to shoot Audra McDonald within the next few weeks, doing a song from Johnny Mercer and Harold Arlen's ST. LOUIS WOMAN. Looking forward to that, even though I won't be there when they shoot.

Edisaurus

« Reply #295 on: January 17, 2009, 10:07:54 PM »

I saw one of your gardening shows when I was at my sister's house, Edi. I saw your name. It was about a man who had a hammock gazebo with rain.

Wow...that is an old one!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #296 on: January 17, 2009, 10:13:26 PM »

Hate to appear unhip, but I don't know of Rosario Dawson. I do have the Fleet Foxes CD, so maybe I'm not tragically unhip...

Edisaurus

« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »

Congrats to DRs Cillaliz and Edisaurus on your "lessening".  :)

Thanks, Jose. I still have a long way to go; my family hasn't even noticed! And as far as the baggy clothes, I could go to work in my PJs and no one would know the difference. I'm in a dark room all day by myself. And that's fine by me!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »

OK... Me sleepy.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2009, 11:09:25 PM »

Back from Benjamin Button, about which more later. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up