Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: RUN-ON  (Read 3137 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: RUN-ON
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2015, 09:36:30 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2015, 09:43:56 PM »

Finished two more episodes of The Fall - hard to stretch this over what will end up as twelve episodes, but they're doing a reasonable job of not being repetitious.  I'm sure the final two episodes will be good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »

I wrote one more page for a total of fifteen and I'm stopping there even though I probably could write another three or four.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2015, 10:11:29 PM »

Happy Anniversary to Ginny and Richard!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2015, 10:19:44 PM »

Six Guests on a Saturday evening!  Welcome!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:22:30 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2015, 10:30:30 PM »

Today, I went to work for a few hours, then went to my sister's and she and my niece and I watched a documentary on Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss called, "The Unbelievers."  The description on Amazon is, "'The Unbelievers' follows renowned scientists Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss across the globe as they speak publicly about the importance of science and reason in the modern world. Blasphemous to some, heroic to others, the weight of their message is impossible to ignore."

It was very interesting and we all enjoyed it...pretty much all three of us are athiests, so we agreed with what they talked about.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2015, 10:38:43 PM »

Does Prosecco taste as good as champagne?  I like the idea of less alcohol, then I could drink more.

I liked it better, but maybe it was just the Prosecco I had. 

George

« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »

There are only a few pieces of music that completely reduce me to rubble, but Benjamin Britten’s glorious PAUL BUNYAN, in conjunction with W.H Auden’s text, leaves me a blubbering wreck.
I just cried like a baby, listening to Philip Brunelle’s wonderful recording.

Seventy years later, and it still possesses a punch:
From a Pressure group that says I am the Constitution,
From those who say Patriotism and mean Prosecution,
From a Tolerance that is really inertia and disillusion:
Save animals and men.

I don't believe I've ever heard this!

Mark Lamos' production for City Opera was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.  He had the singers playing the the cat and dog on roller skates, the chorus of Old Trees were in bluish-gray rocking chairs holding small evergreens, as I recall.  It was so imaginative and magical. I think I wept through every performance except for the performance that was broadcast and screwed up by the PBS producer.

I have this recording.  I can't remember the last time that I listened to it...if I've actually even listened to it. ::)

I'll take it to work next week and give it a listen.

George

« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2015, 10:55:13 PM »

T.O.D.

I did best in Drama Class and in Band.  Once I got to high school, all other subjects went downhill.  I lived my high school years in a kind of  bubble.  Once I walked out of a class, I totally forgot any homework I had until I walked back into class the next day.  Fortunately, I had Student Assistant, plus band and drama to couteract my D- in Biology and Trig.

I had a very similar situation...algebra gave me my D grades and two choirs every year for four years allowed me to graduate with a B average. :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up