Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NOVEMBER COMETH  (Read 37678 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE NOVEMBER COMETH
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2008, 04:20:08 PM »

The car rental tells you it is easier to take their insurance since it is immediate, instead of paying them upfront & then waiting to get your money back from your ins. company.  They really do pressure you to buy it when renting the car.

Jane

« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2008, 04:31:48 PM »

I've been researching if it is ok to get the flu shot tomorrow if I have a cold.  I think it is.  I'm taking a Benadryl tonight to be on the safe side.  I don't know what I have, just that I have had it since August when I had the very bad cold.

Laura

« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »

Don't get a flu shot if you have a cold. Your immune system is already working to get over the cold. Don't make it work overtime.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2008, 04:40:44 PM »

But do I even have a cold?  How long can one last?  I keep reading mild symptoms are ok as long as you don't have a fever.  So I guess severe allergies (?) are ok too.  I'll see how I feel in the morning.  Benadryl really hasn't helped this either.

Laura

« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »

The nurse will ask you some questions tomorrow.

Danise

« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2008, 04:43:26 PM »

No, I wouldn't get it if I was you, DR Jane.  Wait until you are well.

I made the mistake of getting the flu shot the Tuesday after Bear passed and I paid big time.  I was sooo sick for a few days afterwards.  But I was at the doctors office and heard other people asking for their flu shot so I asked for it as well.   

I could have waited and got it at work 2 weeks later but I was trying to save the $15.00 charge for just the shot.  I pay a $15.00 co pay for my primary care. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »

The Herrmann CD is sold out - our first one day sellout.  If anyone here missed it and really wants it, as always I've held back a small number (around twenty) in case of lost CDs - so I'm happy to give five to ten copies to those who may not have acted quickly. 

Jane

« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2008, 04:50:57 PM »

Congratulations Bruce!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »

We got about 500 e-mail names entered, and there's another 500 to go, which we'll do next week.  I then took the helper and bought lunch at the Studio Cafe.  I had two poached eggs on an English Muffin, a small side salad, and we split the Buffalo drumettes - of which I had six.  All food was faboo.  And, I believe, my work for the day is finished.

Danise

« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2008, 04:53:12 PM »

Congrats!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »

Wednesday afternoon greetings from the lower level of the Nashotah House library!  The 2008 Academic Convocation was held this morning at 10am, CDT.  DH Richard and 10 others were the first to receive the distance-learning Master of Arts in Ministry.  It was a beautiful ceremony and we've just come from the festive luncheon in the Refectory.

DS Rob is across the way using our laptop and the school's wireless to finish up a philosophy midterm that has to be emailed to his prof in Cincinnati by 5pm.  This evening we're going to a local microbrewery for dinner.

Congrats to DH Richard!!

and

~~~Vibes for a Successful Midterm for DS Rob!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »

I interviewed one of the Little Rascals once.

My aunt (the nun...so you know it's true) said that she knew Spanky! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »

In what "sense"?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »

In what "sense"?

In the most platonic sense. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2008, 05:30:31 PM »

I was sorry to read about the demise of "The Ex-List" on CBS.  Lead actress Rachel Boston was virtually incandescent as Bella Bloom, and the story's premise and execution were delightfully quirky and entertaining.

It's all the more irritating that networks demand either an "instant time-slot winner" or they axe
"The Ex-List" had the misfortune of inheriting the time slot CBS covets on Friday nights -- 9-10 p.m.  The network couldn't capture a win at that time with last year's wonderful "Moonlight" and axed it despite a very vocal, appreciative fan base.   Two really good shows cancelled because the network could not give either one of them sufficient time to find the audience "size" it wanted immediately.  

I recently caught up on the episodes of Ex-list. I thought it was just alright.

The premise was cute. And some of it was good. And i agree that networks are cancelling shows so quickly. But i can't say i'm overly disappointed. Or that i liked this show anywhere near as much as most of my favorites.

Jennifer

« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2008, 05:37:44 PM »

But do I even have a cold?  How long can one last?  I keep reading mild symptoms are ok as long as you don't have a fever.  So I guess severe allergies (?) are ok too.  I'll see how I feel in the morning.  Benadryl really hasn't helped this either.

I think it depends. If you are just slightly under the weather and have had this since august then it is probably okay.

But DR Danise is right. You have to be careful. Actually i don't even think they would give it to you if you were sick. You can always tell them your concerns and they will tell you if it's okay.

Fever is bad. you cannot get the flu shot if you have a fever. There is a whole list. I am going a week from monday.

Jennifer

« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2008, 05:39:56 PM »

I am currently 1/2 way through Stephenie Meyer's other book. The Host. DR singdaw (or anybody) have you read it?

I am glad i read the amazon. com reviews first. A lot of people said the first 100 pages (it is 600+ pages) are not that great. And theye were right. But after that it got a lot better!

I had better read fast because my library lets us request books they don't have. And if they get them (they almost always do) they give them to you first. Well there were 4 books waiting for me. And 3 books waiting for my niece (2 eloise books and bernadette peters broadway barks).

Jane

« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2008, 05:39:57 PM »

No, I wouldn't get it if I was you, DR Jane.  Wait until you are well.

I made the mistake of getting the flu shot the Tuesday after Bear passed and I paid big time.  I was sooo sick for a few days afterwards.  But I was at the doctors office and heard other people asking for their flu shot so I asked for it as well.   

I could have waited and got it at work 2 weeks later but I was trying to save the $15.00 charge for just the shot.  I pay a $15.00 co pay for my primary care. 

How sick were you, like the flu sick?

Since I'm beginning to feel like I will never be well....I don't know.  Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2008, 05:40:43 PM »

We are going to a clinic at the pharmacy.  Do they have nurses at these?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2008, 05:41:37 PM »

...I'm also pondering an extra four bars in the intro to the STUDENT PRINCE medley, so I'll work that out while I walk.

Four more bars!  Let's call it The Staggering Student Prince this time!  ;)

(Although I hate to think what this will do to the cost of the set!  And do we re-costume the entire chorus for every bar, or what?)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 05:43:49 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Laura

« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »

A nurse will probably give you the shot. And before they give it, they will probably have you fill out a form with questions. If they don't I think you probably should tell them you haven't felt well and see what they recommend.

I have never had a reaction to a flu shot, except a sore arm for a day or two. The flu, however, is horrible.

Jane

« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »

The Phillies are ahead 3 to 2 :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »

Nope, they're tied again, 3-3.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2008, 06:06:14 PM »

And, in other news...

David Tennant has announced that he will be leaving Doctor Who after the five specials of 2009.

This means Steven Moffat will have a whole new actor as his leading man when Moffat takes over as executive producer.

Speculation will be rife as to who that new actor will be!  Rife, I tell you, RIFE!

Jane

« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »

Nope, they're tied again, 3-3.

I was about to post this.  I think I will try & find it on tv so I can see the action.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2008, 06:14:26 PM »

AND...

Der B's claim that we don't have CDs of soundtracks in our collection of films that we haven't seen is not completely correct.

I bought the CD for the Branaugh Henry V before we got the film on laserdisc.  And I don't remember us watching the film all the way through.

So, his claim is incompletely correct.

Jane

« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2008, 06:14:49 PM »

I'm back-couldn't find it.

Kerry

« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2008, 06:15:03 PM »

We are going to a clinic at the pharmacy.  Do they have nurses at these?

Use your common sense, Jane.  You know you and your body, so pay to attention to what it's telling you.  You may have a sinus infection compounded by allergies (or neither).   I haven't had a flu shot in years.  I think perhaps I only had one once (and it just so happened I got the flu that year, but I think a different type); I've never fit any of the categories.  My mother fit a few of the categories, and as her health and lungs worsened would have been severely affected by the flu.  She was scared of a reaction but finally got one a few years ago at our urging.  She did just fine that year, and for the first time in a decade or so did not get a flu/cold/pneumonia type of thing that would pretty much wipe her out for a couple of months every year.
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »

For anyone who has this flu - heed what you've already heard on this here site from those of us who HAVE had it - it does not go away quickly.  It hangs on for dear life.  It's at least two to three weeks long.

Jane

« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »

Thanks DR Kerry, I'm trying to listen to my body but as usual it is failing me.  And I know I'll end up like Bruce if I get the flu.  If only getting the shot guaranteed you wouldn't get the flu.

I will research if a sinus infection will interfere with the shot even though I don't think that is what I have.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up