Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NOVEMBER COMETH  (Read 37679 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE NOVEMBER COMETH
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2008, 07:18:39 PM »

I'm home from work and Miss Dixie Bell and I have shared a piece of Doggie Birthday Cupcake while I read to her all the lovely birthday greeting on this most fabulous site.
She enjoyed the cake and the greetings, which were accompanied by many belly scratches.
Wrooof, wererwoooof, groooof. . .wrroooff. (That's Dixie Bell's way of saying "THANK YOU").

Well, if DD Dixie Bell ever comes to NYC, I'd be more than happy to treat her to a "Pooch-Ini" at Shake Shack: Vanilla Custard, Peanut Butter and a Dog Biscuit.

*I always love watching the dogs play with the cups after they finished eating their treat.  Just like with "Frosty Paws".  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2008, 07:21:13 PM »

DR td, I'm guessing you didn't eat real doggie cake, it is Miss Dixie who ate people cake.

It was a birthday cupcake in the shape of a dog.  :)

Cute.

Ginny

« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »

Wednesday afternoon greetings from the lower level of the Nashotah House library!  The 2008 Academic Convocation was held this morning at 10am, CDT.  DH Richard and 10 others were the first to receive the distance-learning Master of Arts in Ministry.  It was a beautiful ceremony and we've just come from the festive luncheon in the Refectory.

DS Rob is across the way using our laptop and the school's wireless to finish up a philosophy midterm that has to be emailed to his prof in Cincinnati by 5pm.  This evening we're going to a local microbrewery for dinner.

Congrats to DH Richard!!

and

~~~Vibes for a Successful Midterm for DS Rob!!~~~

Thanks, DR George!  We've had a very festive time and the midterm was sent an hour ahead of schedule.

We've been to a local microbrewery for dinner, filled up the car for tomorrow's trip, and stopped for frozen custard.  We're now winding down in our room and getting ready to go home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2008, 07:23:03 PM »

I am sooo happy!! Juan the drywaller called tonight with a very reasonable estimate.  He is going to start at 9:00 Saturday morning and will get the entire job done in one day.  Woo and Hoo!!!!

I also ordered the WIND I was thinking about last night.  It only had the rebate for 2 more days and I decided for the price, I just can't beat it.  I plan to find a place to set up the laptop I have now and just leave it open.  That way the case won't be damaged anymore than it is already and I can do all the photos, detailed work (briefs etc) on it.   What fun!!

Jane

« Reply #244 on: October 29, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »

Instead of "frosty Paws" we give Sherlock frozen yogurt mixed with banana & applesauce.  For a real treat we add peanut butter.

Jane

« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2008, 07:24:31 PM »

DR Cilla, great news the estimate is reasonable & the work will be done quickly.  Hope all goes well.

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2008, 07:26:18 PM »

Tonight I got out the shop vac and cleaned up the room they are going to drywall and my furnace room (the spooky yucky room in the basement.  I still haven't really gone all the way behind the furnace to explore what's back there, but that's ok. I also went to the farm and home store to get a new furnace filter and got a bunch of paint samples.  I'm not sure what color I'm going to do that room in.  I just hadn't really thought about it....  I do have the carpet remnant I'm going to use in there, so I'll pull some colors out of that

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2008, 07:26:49 PM »

DR Cilla, great news the estimate is reasonable & the work will be done quickly.  Hope all goes well.

'night

Thanks Jane, hope you feel better, night

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2008, 07:30:47 PM »

Wow! my WIND has shipped already. I should have it on Friday. That will be fun

Laura

« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2008, 07:39:11 PM »

The flu makes you so sick you can hardly lift your head up. And it can take six weeks to get over. At least the one I had did.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2008, 07:43:25 PM »

I had the flu back when I lived in Arizona.  I literally couldn't get out of bed for 2-3 days except to drag myself to the bathroom.  I remember nearly falling asleep when i drove to the doctor.  I missed and entire week of work and it felt like I lost a week of my life.  I've gotten a flu shot every year since then.  I do not want to go throught that again. BTW, the flu shot does not contain a live virus, the nose spray does. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2008, 07:44:47 PM »

Jose, glad you got a break tonight

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2008, 07:45:29 PM »

Can someone email me the photo bucket instructions, please?   I carved my pumpkin tongiht and would like to post a photo

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »

I also roasted the seeds and had 1/4 cup of them as a snack.  It used up the rest of my points today, but was really use it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2008, 07:46:12 PM »

Can someone email me the photo bucket instructions, please?   I carved my pumpkin tongiht and would like to post a photo

Hang on. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2008, 07:47:34 PM »

Cillaliz, I just sent you a PM.  Let me know if it doesn't make sense. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2008, 07:47:50 PM »

Jose, glad you got a break tonight

So am I.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to stop by my alma mater and touch base with some of my former professors.  I really do not want to spend a majority of my day inside tomorrow.  I spent way too much time watching TV and on the computer today.  Way too much time.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2008, 07:48:15 PM »

Hang on. :)

Thanks George! I'll go there right now

Laura

« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »

I was going to say, Jose, that as a dietitian, your mom knows all this stuff.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2008, 08:00:21 PM »

I was going to say, Jose, that as a dietitian, your mom knows all this stuff.

I know she does.  But as DR Jane mentioned, "knowing" and "doing/following" are two different things.

*And if I have the time tomorrow, I'm going to try to pull up some of my Mom's old menu templates on her computer and have her plan her meals for the week. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2008, 08:03:43 PM »

...... waiting for Cillaliz's pumpkin photo......

Cillaliz

« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2008, 08:04:01 PM »

Ok, let's try it again.  Today I carved my pumpkin and here it is

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:14:24 PM by Cillaliz »

George

« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2008, 08:04:26 PM »

Cool! ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2008, 08:05:05 PM »

They are really big!  I tried to resize on PhotoBucket, but it didn't work.  I'll try again. I can always delete the last one

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2008, 08:06:45 PM »

WOW!

Lots of Election-related news and issues right now here in Virginia.

-Do any other states have "dress codes" for the polling places?  -I'm really quite surprised that they are not allowing anyone to wear a "biased" button, t-shirt, cap, etc., when they go to vote.  However, that law is now being contested.  -I really can't see how wearing a "McCain" or an "Obama" t-shirt would be considered "intimidating" to other voters.  ???

-And now they're saying that the State as a whole may not be ready for Tuesday's election.  Oy...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2008, 08:08:04 PM »

They are really big!  I tried to resize on PhotoBucket, but it didn't work.  I'll try again. I can always delete the last one

I wouldn't worry about it.  We're almost to the next page.

George

« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2008, 08:08:40 PM »

-And now they're saying that the State as a whole may not be ready for Tuesday's election.  Oy...

:o

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2008, 08:09:08 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Just click on the Individual pic, then click on "Resize".  The "large" size should be OK for HHW.  -Just click on "Full Size" to double-check.

*And you don't have to delete the old one, just replace the link. -Although, that may happen automatically once your resize it.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »

I thought I could resize them on Photobucket, but it doesn't do it.  Next time I'll resize them before I upload them to Photobucket

Cillaliz

« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2008, 08:10:40 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Just click on the Individual pic, then click on "Resize".  The "large" size should be OK for HHW.  -Just click on "Full Size" to double-check.

*And you don't have to delete the old one, just replace the link. -Although, that may happen automatically once your resize it.

I tried that and even resized all the way to "tiny" and it still came out the same. I must be missing a step or something
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up