Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NOVEMBER COMETH  (Read 37680 times)

Laura

Re: THE NOVEMBER COMETH
« Reply #270 on: October 29, 2008, 08:12:24 PM »

Very cute, Cillaliz. I did a cat pumpkin last year.

Yes, I read that Arizona will have a dress code at the polling places.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2008, 08:14:03 PM »

They are really big!  I tried to resize on PhotoBucket, but it didn't work.  I'll try again. I can always delete the last one

DR Cillaliz - Just click on the Individual pic, then click on "Resize".  The "large" size should be OK for HHW.  -Just click on "Full Size" to double-check.

*And you don't have to delete the old one, just replace the link. -Although, that may happen automatically once your resize it.

I tried that and even resized all the way to "tiny" and it still came out the same. I must be missing a step or something

Are you getting the "Pic Has Been Resized" confirmation?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2008, 08:15:37 PM »

I figured it out. I needed to hit "replace original"  they are smaller now.  I just did the "large" and that's much better than before

Cillaliz

« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2008, 08:16:50 PM »

Thanks for the compliments.  It was fun. I've always loved the carving a  pumpkin part of Halloween.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »

I figured it out. I needed to hit "replace original"  they are smaller now.  I just did the "large" and that's much better than before

Yep.  I also noticed that your second pic has the height and width specified in the IMG tag.  Be sure to edit that line out.  Also, remember, that Photobucket automatically copies the whole IMG line to your clipboard when you click on the link.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »

Well, I must now leave work and go home so that I may eat dinner.  I'm hungry.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #276 on: October 29, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »

Yep.  I also noticed that your second pic has the height and width specified in the IMG tag.  Be sure to edit that line out.  Also, remember, that Photobucket automatically copies the whole IMG line to your clipboard when you click on the link.
Thanks for your help. I think I've got it now....I'll try another photo just to see

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #277 on: October 29, 2008, 08:20:02 PM »

-And now they're saying that the State as a whole may not be ready for Tuesday's election.  Oy...

:o

And then there's this....

State police seek source of false campaign flier

The Virginia State Police bureau of criminal investigation is looking into the source of a false campaign flier circulating in Hampton Roads, that claims to be from the State Board of Elections.

The false campaign flier, seen in several Hampton Roads localities, advises Republicans to vote on Nov. 4, and Democrats on Nov. 5.

In reality, all registered voters will cast ballots Tuesday, Nov. 4. The polls are open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Anyone in line at 7 p.m. will be allowed to vote.

According to the Associated Press, the fake advisory, which seeks to confuse voters, features the logo of the State Board of Elections and states the two voting dates are intended to ease the load on local balloting officials.

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2008, 08:20:42 PM »

Thanks for your help. I think I've got it now....I'll try another photo just to see

You're welcome, DR Cillaliz.  -And the bowl of catfood is a nice touch!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »

And since we seem to have some calorie counters on the board right now...

Calories Do Count

THEY ADD UP From top: Salmon tartine at Le Pain Quotidien. Ruby Tuesday’s Carolina chicken salad. Regal Entertainment’s large popcorn. Tuna melt at Quiznos. Ten ounce latte at Dunkin’ Donuts. Turkey wrap at Pax. Plain bagel. A fruit scone at Starbucks. McDonald’s large fries.

*I love the fact that there's a passing mention/plug for Shrek: The Musical in the opening paragraphs.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2008, 08:25:20 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #281 on: October 29, 2008, 08:26:33 PM »

Yeah, the cat food was just sitting there and well....the "cat" looked hungry :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #282 on: October 29, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »

Now that's a great cat(s) pic!

*And I'm not really a "cat person". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #283 on: October 29, 2008, 08:29:54 PM »

Thanks! It's the only photo I was really upset about possibly losing when my computer crashed and why I was SO happy that my computer guy resurrected it. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2008, 08:30:53 PM »

And in brighter, "cheaper" news...  There are a couple of places here in Richmond where Regular Gasoline is under $2.00/gallon.  The price at Costco has dropped $0.38(!!!) since I was here a week and a half ago!  -And with some of the special gasoline discount programs that some of the grocery stores participate in, you can get it for as low as $1.65/gallon.

*And just when was the last time that gasoline was under - or just around - $2.00/gallon?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2008, 08:31:26 PM »

Thanks! It's the only photo I was really upset about possibly losing when my computer crashed and why I was SO happy that my computer guy resurrected it. 

-And you've backed up said hard drive by now?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #286 on: October 29, 2008, 08:33:44 PM »

They have been warning voters here to expect long waits on Tuesday unless they vote early. However, the waits now at the early voting places are up to 2 hours! So glad I got my voting out of the way a week ago.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #287 on: October 29, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »

When he resurrected the computer, he had me get a hard case for a hard drive and made a new external drive for me. It's got a complete backup of the laptop.  So, yes I have it.  I'm going to start backing up every week like I do at the office

Matt H.

« Reply #288 on: October 29, 2008, 08:34:37 PM »

That was an adorable Jack-o-lantern, DR Cilla.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: October 29, 2008, 08:34:55 PM »

When he resurrected the computer, he had me get a hard case for a hard drive and made a new external drive for me. It's got a complete backup of the laptop.  So, yes I have it.  I'm going to start backing up every week like I do at the office

I'd also suggest burning CDs of just your pictures for easy access - and sharing.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #290 on: October 29, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »

Thanks Matt!

Cillaliz

« Reply #291 on: October 29, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »

I'd also suggest burning CDs of just your pictures for easy access - and sharing.

I do that from time to time, I used to do it immediately. It's just laziness.  I will start doing that again. 

Matt H.

« Reply #292 on: October 29, 2008, 08:36:18 PM »

I finished the three remaining episodes of STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO. Funny, up until those last three, not one of the shows was a true mystery with a murder and a group of suspects. Of the last three, two were mysteries, and I guessed the murderer both times.

I wonder if they did more full out mysteries in the third season. I guess if I continue reviewing DVDs I'll eventually find out.

Matt H.

« Reply #293 on: October 29, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »

Speaking of reviewing DVDs, I got four review discs today: the next Criterion, and three newly remastered with new bonus features classics from Paramount in what they're calling the Centennial Collection: SUNSET BOULEVARD, ROMAN HOLIDAY, and SABRINA. I'm going to be doing SUNSET BOULEVARD tomorrow. Each of those Paramounts are two disc sets.

I got some other fantastic review news today. I'm getting to review the third season of SUPERNATURAL on Blu-ray! How glad I am now that I held off buying the third season on regular DVD.

Laura

« Reply #294 on: October 29, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »

I love the photo of the girls, Cillaliz.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #295 on: October 29, 2008, 08:40:34 PM »

Speaking of reviewing DVDs, I got four review discs today: the next Criterion, and three newly remastered with new bonus features classics from Paramount in what they're calling the Centennial Collection: SUNSET BOULEVARD, ROMAN HOLIDAY, and SABRINA. I'm going to be doing SUNSET BOULEVARD tomorrow. Each of those Paramounts are two disc sets.

I got some other fantastic review news today. I'm getting to review the third season of SUPERNATURAL on Blu-ray! How glad I am now that I held off buying the third season on regular DVD.

Another version of "Sunset Boulevard"?!?!?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #296 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:03 PM »

I love the photo of the girls, Cillaliz.

Thanks Laura

Matt H.

« Reply #297 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:49 PM »

After I finished my work requirements, I watched the remainder of THUNDERBALL on Blu-ray. I won't say that it's my least favorite Connery/Bond (DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER probably is), but it's just too long for the story being told.

Matt H.

« Reply #298 on: October 29, 2008, 08:43:50 PM »

Another version of "Sunset Boulevard"?!?!?

All three of these have been released multiple times on DVD, but these feature new high definition masters (downconverted for standard DVDs) and there appear to be many more featurettes and documentaries than on previous sets. As I said, it's a two disc set. The SB I have it only a single disc.

Matt H.

« Reply #299 on: October 29, 2008, 08:45:32 PM »

Next, I put in the DVD of GUYS & DOLLS. I'm not sure why I wanted to see it again. I haven't watched it in a long time. I got up to "I'll Know" before I turned it off.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up