Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: I SHOULD HAVE WORN GREEN  (Read 34191 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:I SHOULD HAVE WORN GREEN
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »

[size=10]PAGE ELEVEN[/size]
[/color][/b]

Feeling better Cillaliz?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 06:33:35 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2008, 05:40:17 PM »

Thanks TD. Yes, my ears still hurt a little, but I think it was from chewing too much gum and from the airplane and not an infection of some sort. They REALLY started hurting on the last flight yesterday. I cleaned them with peroxide and took and Aleve last night and slept just fine. I'll probably do the same thing tonight.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2008, 05:47:04 PM »

And here are several other versons of the song "I Won't Say (I'm In Love)," in no particular order:

Italian

Japanese

Spanish I

Spanish II

Thai

Korean

Danish

Hungarian

Polish

Mandarin

;D

There used to be a Greek version (pretty cool, huh?  Greek myth, Greek lyrics), but it must've been taken down.  I can't find it at all. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »

Our girl scout cookies came today, too!

George

« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2008, 05:50:38 PM »

Well, I'm off to my sister's for some St. Patrick's Day Dessert!  I don't know what it'll be (and it might not even be green ;)), but it should be good.  Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2008, 05:51:14 PM »

Our girl scout cookies came today, too!

I hope mine have also! :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2008, 05:56:34 PM »

TOD:

Doctor Who: The Green Death, starring Jon Pertwee as the Doctor, Katy Manning as Jo Grant, Nicholas Courtney as Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, and a whole lot of giant green maggots!

(You guys knew I'd come up with this, right?)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »

Has anyone mentioned The Green Hornet?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2008, 06:14:55 PM »

For Good Eats fans:

Nice episode on roast crown of lamb.  Nice title for the episode: The Alton Crown Affair.

Something many people wouldn't have noticed: on the blackboard front of Alton's refrigerator, the episode's title was written in imitation of the posters for the original Thomas Crown Affair.  I got it, if der B didn't.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #309 on: March 17, 2008, 06:19:07 PM »

Back from lunch with my good friend Becky.  We both had one of the specials - Frontina panini & tomato bisque - sort of Italian grilled cheese & tomato soup.  We each added a small chopped salad and we shared an order of mocha crunch gelato.  I brought home a Bravo Insalata de la Casa (yum, one of my favorites) to serve to Richard tonight, along with spaghetti leftover from the other night.
Oh, that's real Irish.   ::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #310 on: March 17, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »

One can never have enough nuts.

You've never met my customers.  Obviously.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #311 on: March 17, 2008, 06:22:25 PM »

Good for you Cilla!

TPunk-Thank goodness you knew to take a mental health day TODAY!

Jane

« Reply #312 on: March 17, 2008, 06:24:52 PM »

NetFlix says there is a very long wait for STARGATE: THE ARK OF TRUTH We are very disappointed :(

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #313 on: March 17, 2008, 06:33:45 PM »

Our copy of Stargate TAOT is sitting right here, in front of me.

It's the sort of thing we collect.  Lately, I've started watching the series in order.  (I don't know what I'm going to do when we get to season ten, which we don't have yet for some reason.)  It's interesting, and fun, watching how the entire mess started.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2008, 06:36:42 PM »

I've got our Irish/New England boiled dinner cooking, as I type.

Rather, I'm cooking the veg.  I braised the actual corned beef brisket last night.  I figured that it would be easier to slice thinly this way, after it had appropriately cooled, and all I'll have to do is re-heat the slices.

Should be nicely yummers.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #315 on: March 17, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »

I wore my silly, super-tall St. Patrick's Day hat at work today, the same one der B posted pics of last year.

A lot of people liked it.

I now have hat hair.

Jane

« Reply #316 on: March 17, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »

We don't collect movies so I guess we will have to be patient.  If we didn't speed through commercials we might have put this on our queue sooner.;D

Jennifer

« Reply #317 on: March 17, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »

My thoughts on the dancers on tonight's DANCING WITH THE STARS.

Spoiler space in case

I find that i have my favorite professional dancers and that often impacts who i root for.

There are a few dancers who i feel have zero chance to win. One is penn (i love kym his partner). And he could last long because of his attitude and popularity. But you can usually tell from the first show who has true potential.

I feel bad for julianne. I mean yeah she did get two amazing dancers to work with the past seasons. But i really don't think adam corolla (sp?) has a chance either. Although i think she will work him hard and they will do as much as he is capable of. But i don't think he could ever improve enough to win.

Same with steve guttenberg. I am not really a fan of his pro (anna). He came across as charming. ANd i hope he does well. But i don't think he will be able to improve enough to be a finalist.

Two who i think could go far are cristian (paired with cheryl) and the football player (i'm drawing a blank on his name, paired with edyta). I like edyta more than cherly. But i think both these men have huge potential.

But the clear best is mario (the r&b star). He is so far superior to the others it's not even funny. I love karina. And i think they should  be F3.

I voted for adam and julianne (i love her) and i thought he did the best he could possibly do. And mario (karina). Since i thought he was by far the best.

I'm looking forward to seeing the women tomorrow.

Jennifer

« Reply #318 on: March 17, 2008, 06:48:06 PM »

I have never heard of a green bagel (and bagels are pretty common here).

Cillaliz

« Reply #319 on: March 17, 2008, 06:55:10 PM »

Don't know about everywhere else, but I just saw an ad here that HBO is free on Mar 20-23 and you can see the first 3 episodes of John Adams.

Cillaliz

« Reply #320 on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:41 PM »

I have never heard of a green bagel (and bagels are pretty common here).

I think it was probably food coloring for St. Patrick's Day. Don't know if you celebrate that as much as we do here in the States

Jane

« Reply #321 on: March 17, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »

Thanks for the tip Cilla.  I'll have to see what else is on those days.

Jane

« Reply #322 on: March 17, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »

Jennifer, through the Humane Society of the United States of America  I just sent an email to your Minister of International Trade requesting an end to the Canadian seal hunt.

Are you familiar with Canadian protests against the clubbing of seals?

Jane

« Reply #323 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:13 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #324 on: March 17, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »

Oh, that's real Irish.   ::)

Well, if we hadn't eaten the leftover spaghetti tonight, it would have turned green by the time Richard and I will be home again for dinner together.  We figured between my working tomorrow evening and his Holy Week church commitments, the next time we'll dine together will be Saturday  :-\
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #325 on: March 17, 2008, 07:23:56 PM »

Welcome back from vacation, DR Cillaliz.  Did your luggage keep up with you this time?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #326 on: March 17, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »

Welcome back from vacation, DR Cillaliz.  Did your luggage keep up with you this time?

Yes it did. I was very glad it did

Ginny

« Reply #327 on: March 17, 2008, 07:37:23 PM »

Even though I don't have to be at work until noon tomorrow, I still have to get up pretty early in the morning to run errands and such.

'night!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #328 on: March 17, 2008, 07:59:28 PM »

n spite of the presence of Miss Laura Linney I have negative desire to see Les Liaisons Dangereuses. I LOATHED it when I first saw it and I would need to be tied to my chair with Clockwork Orange type eye devices attached to make me sit through it again.

I saw it in the late 80's---it starred Alan Rickman---I became an instant fan.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #329 on: March 17, 2008, 08:00:08 PM »

Vibes to td! I hope you're feeling better already! (I'm catching up with the rest of the day.)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up