Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINAL PROOF  (Read 3261 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: THE FINAL PROOF
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2021, 09:08:39 AM »

Continued ~~~VIBES~~~ of concern, care, and follow-up for DR elmore3003...
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2021, 09:08:54 AM »

Is it THREE?
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

ChasSmith

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2021, 09:19:18 AM »

I wonder if the radiation treatment would consist of the implanting of "seeds", which is the procedure a friend of mine went through several years ago. He said he walked around like a duck for a few days, but all was well after that.

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2021, 09:20:48 AM »

I think the panic attacks are over for the nonce.

I think they can be. Very glad to hear that.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2021, 09:49:14 AM »

VIBES to you, DR Larry... we are praying for you!!!   The kitties are a big source of comfort, take advantage!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2021, 09:50:33 AM »

Jane

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2021, 09:59:38 AM »

This may represent how bk (and a few others) is feeling:

Yup.  It takes a lot of patience.  Especially sad are those that are not capable of figuring it out and don't have advocates to help them.  I have been very moved by stories of people in NY who were helping strangers get appointments.

ChasSmith

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2021, 10:12:42 AM »

So it's different in every state, different in every city or region of every state (in some cases?), and different according to which HMO or other medical group you're in. Does that sound about right?

I REALLY lucked out, then, with this CDC/vaccine management website the Nuvance Health group in my area linked up to.

It just:  worked.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2021, 10:18:38 AM »

I found my chair - it is discontinued....but it is an even bigger bargain.
I looked at the tag again and it is "As Is" - there is a metal bar on one of the back legs where the wood is cracked.....so it has seen better days.....

https://www.ashleyfurniture.com/p/levon_accent_chair/7340360.html
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2021, 10:19:07 AM »

An acquaintance here in town posted on Facebook that she finally found an appointment down in Stamford CT. I asked her why she'd be going all that way, since I'd just used the local hospital that's four miles away (from her, too). She replied that they (whoever "they" were) had given her a choice between Stamford and a couple of other distant towns, and she just chose that one. No other info. (Typical Facebook response, I must say, and I must also say that she's probably not the brightest bulb in the bunch in the first place. So yeah, typical FB response.)

So why then did MY "they" provide me with a link that got me right in, right here in town? I just don't get it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2021, 10:21:47 AM »

I looked at the tag again and it is "As Is" - there is a metal bar on one of the back legs where the wood is cracked.....so it has seen better days.....

That's amazing. Congrats again!

I did the metal bar on wood thing with a computer desk I assembled about twenty years ago. When I got rid of it, it was still solid as a rock.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »

I was wandering around Goodwill this morning....and found a nice Ashley accent chair to go in the TV/Dance room.....once my sister takes her yellow chair home (she declared she wanted it two years ago).

So now it is in the computer room where it does NOT match the carpet.

But it was only $19.99, with my 10% discount $17.99, so I didn't want it to get away.  When I walked down another aisle, another gentleman stopped to look at it....turned it upside down and then sat on it.  Then he walked away, so I moved in and took the customer tag......

I imagine he was surprised when he returned to the area.

Does the color work in the intended TV/Dance room?

Jane

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2021, 10:37:49 AM »

Nice, and it looks comfortable.

ChasSmith

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2021, 10:39:33 AM »

Also, when is the next dance?

Jane

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2021, 10:41:30 AM »

An acquaintance here in town posted on Facebook that she finally found an appointment down in Stamford CT. I asked her why she'd be going all that way, since I'd just used the local hospital that's four miles away (from her, too). She replied that they (whoever "they" were) had given her a choice between Stamford and a couple of other distant towns, and she just chose that one. No other info. (Typical Facebook response, I must say, and I must also say that she's probably not the brightest bulb in the bunch in the first place. So yeah, typical FB response.)

So why then did MY "they" provide me with a link that got me right in, right here in town? I just don't get it.

They could have filled up by the time she went into the system.  If I were her I would want to know what you did differently that I might have missed.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2021, 10:42:50 AM »

Bruce I apologize for suggesting CSUN.  I forgot they are now only doing 2nd vaccinations.

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2021, 10:45:13 AM »

They could have filled up by the time she went into the system.  If I were her I would want to know what you did differently that I might have missed.

I sure would, too, but she didn't seem the least bit interested in anything but posting about her own appointment. :)

Matthew

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2021, 10:45:58 AM »

Bruce I apologize for suggesting CSUN.  I forgot they are now only doing 2nd vaccinations.

That bugs me that a place would only give 2nd vaccinations.  It would be so much easier that when you make your appointment to be vaccinated, you choose 2 days, 1 for each shot.  Or if you do a walk-up, you make an appointment for the second shot right then and there.  It saddens me that they are making this process difficult for some people - the people that really need to be vaccinated.  <end of rant>

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2021, 10:47:34 AM »

LOL DR JANE - yes it works much better in the other room where there is a PLAIN rug......

Good news DR CHAS SMITH - solid as a rock is good.  No dances are scheduled until AFTER the pandemic has eased up.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2021, 10:48:10 AM »

Also, of course, that's very much the Facebook thing. People don't post to be questioned, or to actually receive new information. I mean, God forbid.

Matthew

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2021, 10:53:33 AM »

Also, of course, that's very much the Facebook thing. People don't post to be questioned, or to actually receive new information. I mean, God forbid.

Facebook is no longer a safe place to post what you'd like.  I rarely post anything except maybe pictures of my dogs

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2021, 10:54:36 AM »

#truth

Jane

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2021, 10:56:07 AM »

I sure would, too, but she didn't seem the least bit interested in anything but posting about her own appointment. :)

;D

Jane

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2021, 11:04:25 AM »

We feel extremely lucky to have been able to get appointments, and the numerous people Keith helped continue to thank him.

Our country received fewer vaccinations per person compared to other counties in the state. 

Spokane County and Clark County are about the same size — 530,000 people to about 500,000. By Week last week Spokane County had received approximately 50% more vaccinations than Clark County received.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2021, 11:05:31 AM »

That bugs me that a place would only give 2nd vaccinations.  It would be so much easier that when you make your appointment to be vaccinated, you choose 2 days, 1 for each shot.  Or if you do a walk-up, you make an appointment for the second shot right then and there.  It saddens me that they are making this process difficult for some people - the people that really need to be vaccinated.  <end of rant>

I apologize, the second vaccinations were for those who received their first vaccination at that location.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2021, 11:06:22 AM »

LOL DR JANE - yes it works much better in the other room where there is a PLAIN rug......

Good.  Might your sister's chair look better in the other room and you can switch them until she takes her chair back?

Jane

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2021, 11:06:40 AM »

It depends on the friend.

ChasSmith

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2021, 11:08:17 AM »

A family viewing of Mel Brooks' THE TWELVE CHAIRS might be in order.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2021, 11:15:12 AM »

he walked around like a duck for a few days

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2021, 11:50:21 AM »

VIBES to you, DR Larry... we are praying for you!!!   The kitties are a big source of comfort, take advantage!

Annabelle's already asked me what I left her in the will.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up