Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIDAY THE 13TH  (Read 51639 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:FRIDAY THE 13TH
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2007, 12:35:42 PM »

Comcast is the same everywhere, I see.

DR MATTH we will expect a full MONTY report, of course.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2007, 12:36:18 PM »

I also want to say that we recently switched our cable to the DVR recorder and it has changed my life. I love being able to set it to record a whole series.

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2007, 01:09:05 PM »

The DVR is my favorite invention.

FJL

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2007, 01:13:51 PM »

Paula Dean just described herself as the kind of person who can take fattening food and make it even more fattening.  I like that thought. :)

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2007, 01:14:22 PM »

Comcast is all that we have here, cablewise, and other then their removing American LIfe Network from the line-up I have always liked them...in fact in another week or so I will (finally) have Comcast high-speed internet (instead of dial-up) and I am switching my land line phone to them (which has free long distance) and then I can reduce my cell phone bill to the 3 hours a month plan.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2007, 01:20:43 PM »

I am sorry to report that there is nothing in the mailroom for me today.

I spoke with the head of our office facilities, and he told me that the real problem lies with the building's mailroom.  Anything that is delivered to the building by USPS is dumped off there.  Not only do they take their good old time sorting the USPS mail and packages to the different building tenants, they often send them to the wrong tenants.  Complaints seem to go nowhere.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2007, 01:29:28 PM »

I'm just trying to unwind. We're watching Monday's episode of The Closer and catching up on paperwork.

Hate to tell you this, TPunk, but it's not the most relaxing episode of the season!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2007, 01:32:37 PM »

I also want to say that we recently switched our cable to the DVR recorder and it has changed my life. I love being able to set it to record a whole series.

I do to!  The problem is that it gets filled up so quickly and I can't burn something directly to a DVD...I have to record shows to a VCR if I want to keep them. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »

I am sorry to report that there is nothing in the mailroom for me today.

I spoke with the head of our office facilities, and he told me that the real problem lies with the building's mailroom.  Anything that is delivered to the building by USPS is dumped off there.  Not only do they take their good old time sorting the USPS mail and packages to the different building tenants, they often send them to the wrong tenants.  Complaints seem to go nowhere.

:-\

Well... Can you go down to the building mail room then? -I mean, it was sent "Priority", so... Maybe I should have sent it with Tracking - ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2007, 01:38:09 PM »

Complain! Complain! Complain!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2007, 01:38:21 PM »

Perhaps! Perhaps! Perhaps!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »

Oh...

Good afternoon!

"Cassie Dance" rehearsal went very well.  Fun and thrilling, in fact.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2007, 01:43:52 PM »

And after rehearsal I went ahead and headed to the Tumi Store to check out their business card holders, and, lo and behold, their whole line of wallets and related accessories were/are on SALE!  And the sale prices were so good that I ended up buying one of each style they carry.  So, now I have two Tumi business card holders - and they even match my wallet!  I guess I can alternate them on odd and even days.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2007, 01:45:06 PM »

DR Dan (the Man) - So, is your resurrected iPod still covered under the warranty?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2007, 01:46:18 PM »

Oh, my, the schedulers for Time Warner bring a whole new level to the word incompetent. They are most likely not even in California (or wherever you call from if you're unlucky enough to have Time-Warner as your provider). I know some people have no problem with Time-Warner but if it went belly up tomorrow I would cheer. I think Time-Warner is one of the most incompetent, badly run companies in the U.S. Although Comcast is bigger, TW has a monopoly in many cities and they provide excreable customer service. I loathe and despise that company like no other I have to deal with. It's one of the reasons I don't have high speed Internet service at home because I don't want more Time-Warner equipment in my home.

Such a glowing recommendation! I tried two ISPs before I found my present one, and loathed them equally. What is it with ISPs? My guess:
trying to service too many customers with too little equipment due to cost-savings, and hiring the cheapest people they can get to do support.

Anyone have any other views?

td

• td
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2007, 01:47:11 PM »

Has anybody seen 1408?
Has anybody seen the Joan Collins box?

Just checking in.
Nothing much to say.

CD PLAYER:
The song selections for my next cabaret.

DVD PLAYER:
THE ROMAN SPRING OF MRS. STONE

NIGHTSTAND READING:
THE LAST TEMPLAR: A KNIGHTS TEMPLAR MYSTERY by Michael Jecks
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »

td

• td
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »

I am so  ;D about Dan (the man's) IPod!   :)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2007, 01:51:21 PM »

DR Dan (the Man) - congratulations on the successful procedure you performed on your iPod!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »

TOD:

DVD:  RUBY IN THE SMOKE
Next up: something by Orson Welles (not sure which)

Edisaurus

« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2007, 02:07:46 PM »

Anyone have any other views?

For my ISP, I have had great success with Earthlink (I started with them as Mindspring) for almost 10 years---no complaints.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2007, 02:11:14 PM »

Re Miss, Collins, I know now the title of a movie from, i'd guess, the late 50's with Miss Collins and Richard Burton. It's the one called SEA WIFE: I came in 15 minutes late(on cable) so it took me a while to figure it out, but I enjoyed it very, very,much

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2007, 02:19:29 PM »

Well... As for ISPs, whatever we have here at the apartment - and I think it's Verizon DSL - seems to work fine.

However, I do remember having quite good and fast(!) service with Comcast when I lived in Richmond.  Things were usually taken care of that day or the next.  In fact, they frequently advertised "same day service" for most of their services.  *And they also tended to have cute service technicians too.  ;)

Now, when I tried to set up cable service for my temporary apartment in DC last August, I was told by Comcast there that it would take a minimum of two weeks before anyone could come out to get the wires wired.  Of course, they were running a special on installation and service at that time, so they had quite a backlog to get through.  Consequently, when it came down to picking a window of time to have someone come over, they preferred that I give them three 12-hour windows.  What?  So...  Since I managed to pick up the local stations just fine with the TV antenna, I remained cable-TV-free during my time in DC.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2007, 02:26:38 PM »

I have Comcast for cable (no other choice).

I have terrible luck with them as far as service calls, and lodged 3 or 4 complaints because of their ineptitude.

The last time I had a service call, I scheduled it for first thing in the morning, thinking I would be able to get it over with and have the rest of the day. It's so rare for me to have a weekeday off that I could have gotten so much done.

At about noon, I called. "He's on his way".

At 3PM I called again. "He's on his way."

At 5PM they realized that the technician didn't had the proper cable box for HD and would have to reschedule for another day.

It took several more tries, with them cancelling appointments without telling me, before we got everything working.

I dread when we move and I have to hook everything up again, but that will be one of the few donwsides.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

It is an exciting day around here. Mae-Ling and Wae-Ling came to Vacation Bible School today, and they will be visiting with us at our home until Mr. Goldstein gets home from work.

Wae-Ling made "hot worms" out of playdough while Mae-Ling drew hearts with markers, and now I am listening to an exciting reading of The Little Engine That Could, ready by DS.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2007, 02:37:05 PM »

Well, I'm all booked for my trips to and from Richmond next week courtesy of my Amtrak Guest Rewards points.  Alas, it's early trains both days (Monday and Friday), but they're also the fastest/shortest trips time-wise.  -And that also leaves me with options later in the day should there be service issues.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »

DR DearReaderLaura - So, what makes "hot worms" hot?
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2007, 02:38:52 PM »

DearReader Laura. if there is a follow up post about the Litttle Red Engine, please post spoilers.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »

Good news DtM.  (whatever the pod is doing on your eye - I hope it continues to live and grow if that is what you wish).

I still play vinyl!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2007, 02:42:24 PM »

Perhaps! Perhaps! Perhaps!
A Strictly Ballroom and DD reference.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up