Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIDAY THE 13TH  (Read 51631 times)

3DDiffusion

Re:FRIDAY THE 13TH
« Reply #390 on: July 13, 2007, 09:34:54 PM »

what they were doing to the new library books by placing the barcodes over the titles

At my local Books-a-million, whoever it is who pastes the barcodes on books usually does it right over the book description on the back cover. Annoys me no end.

Another thing that annoys me is those books in which there is no book description - on the back cover or not. This usually takes place with those star authors like Clive Cussler, where I guess the publishers know that people will buy it even if they don't know what it's about (because it's always about the same thing.  :)
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #391 on: July 13, 2007, 09:36:01 PM »

Now if I could just find a Cherry Ripe bar somewhere...

I can bring you some from our Aussie bakery, as well as more Violet Crumble, next time I'm in NY.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

3DDiffusion

« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2007, 09:36:13 PM »

Did not know until I was looking something up, the 10th Doctor, David Tennant was in a Harry Potter movie.

And I disliked him in it which is why I haven't bothered to watch the new Doctor Who...
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #393 on: July 13, 2007, 09:37:36 PM »

Comcast is the same everywhere, I see.

To my knowledge i dont think comcast nor Time Warner are available in ND.

Rural ND and several of the cities are served my Midcontinent and they are very reasonable. My parents pay less for cable and internet than they do in Fargo and they get more channels.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #394 on: July 13, 2007, 09:38:47 PM »

I guess the publishers know that people will buy it even if they don't know what it's about (because it's always about the same thing.  :)

A Robert Ludlum reference!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

3DDiffusion

« Reply #395 on: July 13, 2007, 09:38:55 PM »

Ooooh, I thought they had to bite them off the bulls!

Apparently that's what Errol Flynn had to do on a cattle ranch in Australia...
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #396 on: July 13, 2007, 09:39:18 PM »

Great news about DtM's ipod! I am glad it lives!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #397 on: July 13, 2007, 09:39:58 PM »

Hmm... Just looking at the new issue of "The Advocate", and there's a feature article on "out" Australian rugby player, Ian Roberts.  It's a pretty good articles, and the accompanying photos are pretty nice too. :)

And the cover shot is about the "safest" one I can post on this family site.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #398 on: July 13, 2007, 09:41:31 PM »

Ooooh, I thought they had to bite them off the bulls!

Apparently that's what Errol Flynn had to do on a cattle ranch in Australia...

Flynn was probably never anywhere near cattle. He probably picked apples in Tasmania.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #399 on: July 13, 2007, 09:42:04 PM »

So THAT'S what Julie Andrews was singing about in Victor/Victoria!

singdaw

« Reply #400 on: July 13, 2007, 09:42:49 PM »

Thanks for sharing, DR Cillaliz!  The picture really capped things off, didn't it?!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2007, 09:43:51 PM »

I just came back from seeing EVAN ALMIGHTY. Although I love Steve Carrell, I wasn't expecting much, so I wasn't disappointed. But I wanted to see it because they filmed it in the teeny town where I used to live, Crozet, Virginia.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2007, 09:43:54 PM »

...and you are kind enough to indulge me.

Schmingdaw.... I like your name!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #403 on: July 13, 2007, 09:45:44 PM »

Thanks DR edisaurus.  I'm sure that Cherry Ripe bars are available somewhere here in NYC.  I probably just "forget" each time I look for them as soon as I see Crunchie, York, Malteasers, Flake, Aero, etc., etc., etc.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #404 on: July 13, 2007, 09:46:06 PM »

Thanks for sharing, DR Cillaliz!  The picture really capped things off, didn't it?!

Especially with the Donations accepted line right above it.    I'm actually thinking it would be fun to go.  Not sure I could eat them, knowing what they are and all, but it may be real hoot to see the floats in the parade

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #405 on: July 13, 2007, 09:47:49 PM »

I vaguely remember Tomovoz being Tom of Oz!

Cillaliz

« Reply #406 on: July 13, 2007, 09:48:12 PM »

Time for this cowgirl to hit the hay.  I plan to sleep in and then go to the office and get some organizing and work done over the weekend when the phone isn't ringing and people aren't expecting me to work miracles.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #407 on: July 13, 2007, 09:48:53 PM »

Aww.. I like Crozet, VA, too.  They've hosted a couple of good festivals over the years, including their annual Arts & Crafts one, as well the Virginia Festival of the Book.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #408 on: July 13, 2007, 09:50:10 PM »

Aww.. I like Crozet, VA, too.  They've hosted a couple of good festivals over the years, including their annual Arts & Crafts one, as well the Virginia Festival of the Book.

Yeah, but have they had a testicle festival?   ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #409 on: July 13, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »

Sorry i just find the whole thing terribly amusing.  

singdaw

« Reply #410 on: July 13, 2007, 09:50:54 PM »

Time for this cowgirl to hit the hay.

Now, why didn't Craig Carnelia write a song about Cowgirls?  Or Cowgrills?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #411 on: July 13, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »

2) Whether or not to "remind" her that the propane tank for the gas grill was not completely full when we got it last summer, and that since we've used it a couple of times already over the past few weeks...  But I guess she should take care of that herself since it's her party.  Or she'll just find out on her own how full the tank is.  Or is not.

I would leave the discovery of the tank to her...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #412 on: July 13, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »

So THAT'S what Julie Andrews was singing about in Victor/Victoria!

Well, when I took Song Literature, "cherry ripe" meant something totally different in those Thomas Campion songs I sang.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #413 on: July 13, 2007, 09:55:01 PM »

Violet Crumble is/was very much a local candy here. It was produced by Hoadley who were taken over by Nestlé not that long ago. I think people of my generation see "Crunchie" as a second choice.

Those are good...

However, I have hereby classified TimTams as addictive!

They are good!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #414 on: July 13, 2007, 09:56:48 PM »

I see Crunchie as a second choice too.

-And I still remember being very pleasantly surprised to find Violet Crumble bars in the 7-11s in Los Angeles.

No 7-11s here...

However, we can find Lion bars, Gummie babies, Toblerone and Ritter sport at the local grocery store. There are also several more british bars we get but right now their name escapes me. Aero is one!

singdaw

« Reply #415 on: July 13, 2007, 09:56:49 PM »

Well, when I took Song Literature, "cherry ripe" meant something totally different in those Thomas Campion songs I sang.

I'm sure I don't know what you mean...    ::)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #416 on: July 13, 2007, 09:57:20 PM »

I have even tried Vegemite... not bad...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #417 on: July 13, 2007, 09:57:47 PM »

almost caught up....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #418 on: July 13, 2007, 09:58:29 PM »

I LOVE CHERRY RIPE!  I was addicted to them when I lived in the Monica of Santa, but totally forgot about them.  I believe I remember the store that carried them and I believe I'll be visiting them tomorrow.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #419 on: July 13, 2007, 09:58:47 PM »

We can get Yorkie bars in Fargo.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up