Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIDAY THE 13TH  (Read 51804 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:FRIDAY THE 13TH
« Reply #360 on: July 13, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »

Wow...that takes a lot of flexibility...

Hmm.... And to think that no one had gone there up till now.  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #361 on: July 13, 2007, 08:15:30 PM »

PAGE 13 Australian Food Dance!

Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #362 on: July 13, 2007, 08:16:24 PM »

All the basic food groups DR Jose.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #363 on: July 13, 2007, 08:17:11 PM »

Hmm.... And to think that no one had gone there up till now.  Hmm...

Leave it to me to be the tacky one. ;)

I met Hermione Granger tonight at the show. Well, I met Emma Watson, who plays Hermione. She's so teeny!!

Miss Karen

« Reply #364 on: July 13, 2007, 08:23:31 PM »

Oohhh, spooky .. I login and it's Friday the 13th, Page 13 and Jason is the most recent post  ---- *screeeeeam!*

Tomovoz

« Reply #365 on: July 13, 2007, 08:28:01 PM »

LOL DR Miss Karen.

I've never seen a Friday 13th movie nor the other similar series. The names of the characters neverthless are part of our "culture".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #366 on: July 13, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »

Well... Feel free to bring a can of whoop-ass if you come.  ;)

From deep in the Heart of Texas
clap, clap, clap, clap

(that's where whoop-ass is canned)

Miss Karen

« Reply #367 on: July 13, 2007, 08:38:20 PM »

LOL DR Miss Karen.

I've never seen a Friday 13th movie nor the other similar series. The names of the characters neverthless are part of our "culture".

I was going to add that I didn't really have to scream right then in my other post because I'm not the buxomly teen babysitter making out with the teen boyfriend in the living room while the children sleep, so I know I won't be the first one to go .... right,  Jason?   ... Jason?  ...

*sreeeeeeeam!*

Miss Karen

« Reply #368 on: July 13, 2007, 08:43:53 PM »

Don't forget to send some of that chocolate to Miss Karen.

and don't forget to keep them out of DR FJL's chocolate-nabbin' mitts or I'll never see 'em ...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #369 on: July 13, 2007, 08:47:49 PM »

I was going to add that I didn't really have to scream right then in my other post because I'm not the buxomly teen babysitter making out with the teen boyfriend in the living room while the children sleep, so I know I won't be the first one to go .... right,  Jason?   ... Jason?  ...

*sreeeeeeeam!*

DR Miss Karen - Isn't that your phone ringing?

:o
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #370 on: July 13, 2007, 08:51:04 PM »

DR Miss Karen - Isn't that your phone ringing?

:o

Yes, it is, so just a second ....

...it's Jason, asking me if I've checked the children ....

Jason

« Reply #371 on: July 13, 2007, 08:57:58 PM »

The call is coming from inside the house...!

Cillaliz

« Reply #372 on: July 13, 2007, 08:59:04 PM »

Jose, if the tank really needs to be filled, why don't you tell her and then hurry off somewhere so she has to get it filled. Then when you need it next, there will be propane

Miss Karen

« Reply #373 on: July 13, 2007, 09:00:06 PM »

The call is coming from inside the house...!

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!*

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #374 on: July 13, 2007, 09:04:43 PM »

That is a most excellent idea, DR Cillaliz.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #375 on: July 13, 2007, 09:05:06 PM »

Jose, if the tank really needs to be filled, why don't you tell her and then hurry off somewhere so she has to get it filled. Then when you need it next, there will be propane

Well, if it does run out on Sunday - and, who knows, maybe it won't run out on Sunday - then it would be easy enough to get it refilled since there's a place just up the block when I would need it.  And since I'm really not too keen on grilling anyway, well...

Again, I'm just being passive-aggressive about the whole thing right now.  However, the game of Skip-Bo we're playing right now seems to be easy something of the animosity.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2007, 09:05:42 PM »

I have survived.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2007, 09:07:21 PM »

-And there's still just something "entertaining" about the prospect of the grill just "stopping" just as she puts the five pounds of skirt steak on it.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2007, 09:09:07 PM »

Miss Karen - What did I miss?  Jason is calling asking if you've checked on Cason lately?  This is so confusing!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2007, 09:09:18 PM »

-And since I'm playing both shows of ACL on Saturday and the matinee on Sunday, I really won't be here anyway.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2007, 09:10:35 PM »

Got my propane
Got my methane
All I need now is the grill

Got my hot dog
Got my sliced hog
Got the biscuits and Triscuits from Nabisco
Now all I need's a flame and some Crisco
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 09:17:14 PM by FJL »

3DDiffusion

« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2007, 09:11:43 PM »

Again, I'm just being passive-aggressive about the whole thing right now.

Sounds like you're having a Big Spoon moment.

(Everybody Loves Raymond reference)  :)
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2007, 09:14:12 PM »

Good evening one and all!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #383 on: July 13, 2007, 09:18:07 PM »

Media Check:

CD player: Fire in the Kitchen (THe Chieftains and Company); Derek Bell - Derek Bell plays with himself*; Shine - Mary Black
Computer: Down the old Plank Road
VHS: Gangs of New York
DVD; McLeod's Daughters.

* That is the actual name of the album and it is not kinky :)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #384 on: July 13, 2007, 09:20:04 PM »

Ooo, the suspense is killing me:  

My library has 98 copies of the new Harry Potter audiobook (CD) on order and I'm #116 on the waiting list.

So, will I have my copy before DH Richard and I leave for our drive to Wisconsin on July 29?

Doubtful, but, to quote the kid in Angels in the Outfield, "It could happen!"

Where are you going in Wisconsin Ginny?

If things permit, DBF and I will be in STevens Point.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #385 on: July 13, 2007, 09:23:57 PM »

Friday the 13th proved to be entertaining at work today....

One of the nasties got their comeuppance after some of the faculty got ticked off with what they were doing to the new library books by placing the barcodes over the titles and the stamp sticker over the title page and other related pages.

I sat at my desk and watched quietly as I quietly cheered the three profs raising the ruckus. God, I may be hearing impaired and where the exchange occured a good 35 ft from my desk. I could hear them!  She got ripped and man I thank god that she finally got some comeuppance for she has had made everyone's lives literally miserable.

It made my day!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2007, 09:30:12 PM »

I hope you all realize that by buying books at discounted rates, the author's royalties are impacted?  You should all pay full-price!   ;D

Actually - it is the small chains/mom and pop bookstores (if there are any left)  that are suffering here. Because the large chains are able to offer these discounts, the smaller ones have to as well, and so they're not making any money on these tremendous sales.

One discount store I will not shop at and that is Walmart. I do not approve of their business practices or the way they treat people with disabilities up here.

I am stuck with Barnes and Noble, Target, KMart, ZandBroz and a couple of other smaller stores.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »

Glad you arrived home safely MrMusicGuy!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #388 on: July 13, 2007, 09:34:28 PM »

Did not know until I was looking something up, the 10th Doctor, David Tennant was in a Harry Potter movie.

Cillaliz

« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2007, 09:34:43 PM »

Craig, Iowa, goes nuts
Testicle festival challenges stomachs with the other, other white meat
By WEEKENDER STAFF | 07.12.07  
“Put what in my mouth?” is something that will probably be overheard Saturday in Craig, Iowa, a Plymouth County town of 89 residents.

What began as a joke at the local bar has grown into a festival attracting up to 700 people to the town northwest of Le Mars, Iowa.

If you castrate it, people will come, as the residents of Craig have learned over the past six years at the annual Test Fest, short for Testicle Festival.

The Saturday event features a parade, a queen contest, softball tournament, hanging of Christmas decorations and n the biggie n a feed of the delicacy called Rocky Mountain oysters.

Wait … a Test Fest queen? Yep, and in 2006 the honor was bestowed upon Rhonda Grasz.

“It’s the biggest fundraiser for the city,” Grasz said. “It’s a lot of fun.”

As reigning queen, Grasz will lead the three- to four-block parade at 5:30 p.m., sporting the Test Fest tiara and sash. She’ll then circle back to crown the new queen and cheer her on as she rides regally through downtown Craig.

“The testicles are darn good,” said Karen Paulsen, a Craig resident.

“It’s a meaty taste,” added Kelly Plueger. “I’ve had them for years. I grew up on a farm.”

“I’ve been here five years and I’ve never tried them,” said Bailey Otto. “I’m way too shy.”

The meal follows the parade, which follows the softball tournament. A street dance wraps up the celebration.

But before calling the folks in Craig crazy, it’s wise to know that testicle festivals are not all that uncommon.

Rocky Mountain oysters, prairie oysters, Montana tendergroin or swinging sirloin are all culinary names given to bull testicles. It’s a well-known novelty dish in parts of the American west and the Canadian prairies where cattle ranching dominates. The dish in most commonly served at festivals, such as the many that are held annually in Montana and Phoenix, Ariz. Eagle, Idaho, claims to have the “World’s Largest Rocky Mountain Oyster Feed” during its Eagle Fun Days festival in June.

Craig’s all-volunteer festival collects donations which fund a variety of projects throughout town. Test Fest funds, for example, paid for supplies to Sheetrock and insulate the interior of the Craig shelterhouse. Test Fest proceeds helped pay for new playground equipment, bought lumber for renovated picnic tables and allowed residents to buy new Christmas decorations.

“We hung the Christmas decorations on the street lights last year during our Test Fest, so people could see how we were using the money,” DeBoom said.

What does the future hold for the Test Fest? DeBoom said the committee would like to build a massive city grill for the 2008 festival, a unique Siouxland celebration that seems to be growing year by year.

So, how does one become

Test Fest royalty?

“Three guys got this whole thing started seven years ago, and they don’t want their names out,” said Rhonda Grasz, reigning Test Fest Queen. “They decide on that day who gets to be queen. Usually, it’s someone who helps out quite a bit.”

Grasz helps the testicle cause by storing donated calf fries in her freezer throughout the year. “Right now my freezer is full of them,” she said.

Added Connie DeBoom, one of the event organizers, “The Rocky Mountain oysters are saved by our local veterinarians. It started as a joke in the local bar.”

Grasz also helps prepare testicles for the feed, which runs from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The tasty morsels (or so we are told) mostly come from cattle, are thawed, breaded and fried. Organizers also roast four hogs for those who prefer more traditional fare. Craig residents make salads, too.

The details

What: Craig Test Fest

When: All day, Saturday, July 14. Testicle feed begins at 6:30 p.m.

Where: Downtown Craig, Iowa

Cost: Donations are accepted
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up