Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: EARMARKING RESTAURANTS  (Read 48815 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:EARMARKING RESTAURANTS
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2007, 11:55:15 AM »

I can repost if you dont see them. I have them allmoved over to photobucket.. .I keep forgetting not to link from geocities.

For some odd reason I could not get not get into my photobucket accounts until just a bit ago.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2007, 11:56:31 AM »

They're showing up now, DR DakotaCelt.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2007, 11:57:09 AM »

Cute avvie Matthew...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »

I do have one more picture that I could not get up last night for some odd reason NDSU has angelfire sites blocked.

This is another picture my freind Maureen took in the area of Clonakilty in County Cork, Ireland.

Ironically, the same area appeared in THE WIND THAT SHAKES THE BARLEY

Dunmanway Road, returning to the rolling farmland of Clonakilty, Co. Cork.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »

I am, too!

Which one is DR Matthew?

I'm the one in the hat ;)

singdaw

« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2007, 12:08:57 PM »

Twee:  cute & sassy!

:)

singdaw

« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »

I was just informed that the soprano in our quartet has a sinus infection and cannot sing.  So High Holy Day rehearsals for tonight and tomorrow night are cancelled, giving me, oh - 8 or 9 hours of free time unexpectedly!   Yippee!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2007, 12:21:31 PM »

I was just informed that the soprano in our quartet has a sinus infection and cannot sing.  So High Holy Day rehearsals for tonight and tomorrow night are cancelled, giving me, oh - 8 or 9 hours of free time unexpectedly!   Yippee!

Wow--Jew-time must be different back in your neck o'the woods.  I don't even meet with the Rabbi/Cantor at the Temple I'll be playing for until 2 days before Rosh Hashanah!  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2007, 12:21:57 PM »

There was a hilarious Ohman cartoon in today's Oregonian re:  Gonzales.  He's a tiny little person behind a gigantic desk, saying, "I'm leaving this job to spend more time with my memory."   ;D

;D ;D ;D

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »

I hope that DR Cason's new tap shoes [from Brooklyn] are serving him well in today's Brain rehearsal.

I hope he remembers to take them off before he goes into the men's room.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JMK

« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2007, 12:22:27 PM »

The Rabbi/Cantor (Crabbi?  Rabantor?) is a soprano with the last name of Bass.  Gotta love that.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2007, 12:23:24 PM »

I hope he remembers to take them off before he goes into the men's room.

As long as he leaves his lavalier on (and live), all else is secondary.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2007, 12:25:10 PM »

I was Music Director at a church that upgraded to lavaliers.  The Minister at the time had never seen/worked with them before, and we all were treated to his visit to the men's room on the first Sunday he had one.  ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2007, 12:25:27 PM »

Can't you take her place--uh, I mean Naomi. ???

JMK

« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2007, 12:26:11 PM »

I bet that's what Larry Craig must have meant about the police misconstruing his actions--he was simply trying out his lavalier.

Ginny

« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2007, 12:27:52 PM »

Upon my return from the hospital, where my aunt is resting comfortably after her procedure, I found in today's mail from Netflix:

[size=8]Sacco & Vanzetti[/size]

This evening we will have a special edition family pizza/movie night (it's usually on Fridays).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2007, 12:28:12 PM »

Guess which one is me?

The one on the right looks just like Sing's avatar. Where's Jason? We need to take off sing's specs and give him a bonnet.

singdaw

« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2007, 12:29:52 PM »

Can't you take her place--

Well, I would - I mean, I've already got the wardrobe and everything - but I'm already engaged singing the bass part.    :P

singdaw

« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2007, 12:31:18 PM »

DR JMK - Are there any bossa nova settings of Kol Nidre?

JMK

« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2007, 12:32:08 PM »

DR JMK - Are there any bossa nova settings of Kol Nidre?

Whenever I play it, there are.   :o

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2007, 12:32:22 PM »

Well, I would - I mean, I've already got the wardrobe and everything

Oh, you mean the white dress and bonnet.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2007, 12:33:26 PM »

Would someone pls explain Kol Nidre?

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2007, 12:33:36 PM »

Re lovely views, I don't get to travel much, but all my favorite views are off the coasts of New Hampshire and Maine.Re reality shows, because my job, when I was on eves(3p-11p)sometimes involved going from room to room giving breathing treatments, which meant  over the years I have been exposed to Phil, Maurey, Jerry, all the judge shows, and now the reality shows and Idol types contests. I view it as an occupational hazard, like black lung for coal miners or asbestos exposure.C'est la Vie.

singdaw

« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »

Would someone pls explain Kol Nidre?

From Wikipedia:

Kol Nidre is a Jewish prayer recited in the synagogue at the beginning of the evening service on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. It is written in Aramaic, not Hebrew. Its name is taken from the opening words, meaning "All vows".

Kol Nidre has had an eventful history, both in itself and in its influence on the legal status of the Jews. Introduced into the liturgy despite the opposition of some rabbinic authorities, attacked in the course of time by some rabbis, and in the nineteenth century expunged from the prayer-book by many communities of western Europe, this prayer has often been employed out of context by antisemites to support their claims that Jews cannot be trusted.

Kol Nidre sometimes does not only refer to the actual prayer, but sometimes to the entire Yom Kippur evening service.

singdaw

« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2007, 12:42:23 PM »

Whenever I play it, there are.

;D

MBarnum

« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »

:'(

1950s cult actress Beverly Michaels passed away, I learned today from her son (she died back in June).

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2007, 12:44:12 PM »

From Wikipedia:

Kol Nidre is a Jewish prayer recited in the synagogue at the beginning of the evening service on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. It is written in Aramaic, not Hebrew. Its name is taken from the opening words, meaning "All vows".

Kol Nidre has had an eventful history, both in itself and in its influence on the legal status of the Jews. Introduced into the liturgy despite the opposition of some rabbinic authorities, attacked in the course of time by some rabbis, and in the nineteenth century expunged from the prayer-book by many communities of western Europe, this prayer has often been employed out of context by antisemites to support their claims that Jews cannot be trusted.

Kol Nidre sometimes does not only refer to the actual prayer, but sometimes to the entire Yom Kippur evening service.

Thank you, Sing.

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2007, 12:44:31 PM »

Reading more posts, I don't understand why all the Talk about Sen Craig. He obviously got nabbed in a tea room, and should have retired from public life long ago. Back when this happend to LBJ aide Walter Jenkins, LBJ was afraid that Goldwater(who didn't give a rat's patoot who was or wasn't) might use that in the upcoming '64 campaign. He sent word to Barry, that thanks to J.Edgar, he(LBJ)knew everyone on Barry's team who was that way. The go between who delivered that message? LbJ aide Bill Moyers. One more reason to skip PBS and stick to FRAZIER re-runs.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2007, 01:05:14 PM »

Off to earn some greenbacks... Will try to stop in later. Have a nice afternoon / evening!

FJL

« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2007, 01:15:37 PM »

Going to Goodspeed tomorrow to see Bill Parry perform in the musical High Button Shoes, so I'll be E&T for the day.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up