Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: EARMARKING RESTAURANTS  (Read 48815 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re:EARMARKING RESTAURANTS
« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2007, 02:32:34 PM »

Oh dear - I was so ready to not teach this year, that I seem to have misplaced my guitar.  I'm hoping it's in the church, I'm off to check on that straight away.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2007, 02:32:40 PM »

Hmmm.. I keep checking the weather reports for a possible rain storm, but nothing is coming up.  However, the skies here are quite dark and gray now, and the wind is starting to pick up too.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2007, 02:33:05 PM »

insert Jolly Holiday dance here
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 02:33:22 PM by Matthew »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »

Same here. It's one of my real, true addictions. (Chocolate is another, so when you combine the two - WATCH OUT!)

It is not an addiction but a food group ;)

Dark chocolate is my weakness
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2007, 02:41:32 PM »

I always thought Mormons came from Utah, not Idaho?

Idaho has a very sizeable Mormon population especially in teh southern part of the state. BYU-Idaho is 90% Mormon
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2007, 02:41:36 PM »

Back from rehearsal, which was a good deal of fun and about which more later.  I must now sup and then attend Skip's show, so I'll be gone for a few hours.

Jennifer

« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2007, 02:42:33 PM »

Last night the TNT show SAVING GRACE premiered in Canada.

I like holly hunter and think she is probably quite good in this part. But what an odd show!  The JOAN OF ARCADIA part was quite interesting.  I don't usually like police dramas that much. And i don't know if i would watch this show if it was not in the summer.

But it actually did hold my interest.

I know others have said that they did not care about any of the characters. And i'm not saying i really did.

But i did think the stuff with holly hunter and the rich guy to be quite funny.

And i really like the woman medical examiner who plays her best friend.

So is the pilot any indication of how the other episodes are?

I found the ending (not the reveal) but the part about the boy's mother to also be quite odd/out there (for tv).

Tomovoz

« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »

TMZ.com is leaking the names of the apparent celebs who will be on DANCING WITH THE STARS this season.  The official announcement is supposed to be tomorrow morning on GOOD MORNING, AMERICA.

Sooo, I guess, SPOILER ALERT (I have no idea why)

Carter, Wayne Newton, Mark Cuban (the billionaire), Jane Seymour, Mel B. (?) Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth, Floyd "Pretty Boy" Mayweather, Jr, Lou Ferrigno, Nia Peeples, Richard Quest (CNN), Gisele Bundchen, Helio Castroneves (race car driver), and Sabrina Bryan.

**They are hedging their bets by saying that some of these celebs will be backups, in case of injury, I guess.

I am such a celebrity watcher. I only recognise two names and would only (possibly) know one by sight. Newton is one of my laest favourite singers and sang one of my least favourite songs - "Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast"

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 03:49:23 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »

TOD:

The view of London from the London Eye at sunset

The view from the Empire State Building

The view we used to have of Kennesaw Mountain before a chinchy bassa developer built the 5 story loft, blocking our view. (Now we have a view of a brick wall.)

The view from San Francisco's Cliff House area.

The Cliffs of Mohr, as Dakota mentioned.

The valley below Pwerscourt, near Dublin

Baux, up on the hill in France.

Any view of Portmeirion.

The Pont du Gard (back when they let visitors walk on top of it!)

The mountains, driving down to Puglia, Sacco's home in Italia.

And tons of other places too numerous to mention.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2007, 03:23:39 PM »

he thing about the Fringe Festival, in particular, is that there are over 200 shows accepted into the Festival, and you have to parse through a lot of awful things to find the real gems.  Sometimes you see something and just have to wonder how it was accepted into a Festival in the first place.  How someone would want to produce it.  How someone would think it was worth putting money into.

The same holds true for most mid-level film festivals. And with the awards as well. Frequently, what wins the Audience Prize are the locally made films, which can bring in a large audience who will all give it 5 stars. The other awards are usually given by a qualified jury, but it can still turn into a popularity contest sometimes.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2007, 03:23:49 PM »

I hope everyone survived the eclipse!!!

I stayed up and watched about an hour and a half of it (about 2:30 am to 4:00 am PDT)!  When I went outside, there was about a quarter of the moon still shining brightly.  When I finally went inside, the moon was still in darkness, but just starting to get a little lighter.  I was just too cold and too tired to see it completely re-revealed.  Anyway, here are several very blurry pictures that I took.  I also tried to record a video clip with my camera, but I can't post that.  Here are the pictures:

Picture #1 (Spoo!  I moved. :-\):

The white squiggle in the middle is the moon...I don't remember what the other two lights are. 8)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #311 on: August 28, 2007, 03:24:28 PM »

Picture #2 (with 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom...all that my little camera has):

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #312 on: August 28, 2007, 03:24:52 PM »

Picture #3 (a little better...but not much):

Edisaurus

« Reply #313 on: August 28, 2007, 03:25:02 PM »

that the view was astounding.

I also love the "Little Grand Canyon" at Yellowstone.

George

« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2007, 03:25:12 PM »

And finally, Picture #4 (3x optical zoom only):

Edisaurus

« Reply #315 on: August 28, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »

Mel B. (?)

Spice Girl, right?

Nia Peeples

I worked on a short film with her. She is very buff, or cut, or whatever it is that you say about a girl who can kick your ass!

Edisaurus

« Reply #316 on: August 28, 2007, 03:31:09 PM »

So has any DR ever had an Orange Julius?  We don't have them on the East coast.  I've found some recipes on the Web, but the idea of mixing orange juice and milk seems a little weird...   :-\

We have them here in Atlanta, and they're yummy. Kind of like a frothy melted creamsicle.

I bet DR Jose knows where an Orange Julius can be had in NY!

Matthew

« Reply #317 on: August 28, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »

UPDATE:  Found the guitar buried in my garage.  Moving on...

Edisaurus

« Reply #318 on: August 28, 2007, 03:34:01 PM »

I feel bad for Miss South Carolina. How sad to be under a great deal of pressure, give a dumb answer, and have it reported over and over again on the news just to be laughed at.

On of my clients pulled up a clip of her on the Today show, and she acquitted herself pretty well, and was willing to laugh at how dumb she looked. I was glad she did that, and was able to show that she can be somewhat articulate.

Tomovoz

« Reply #319 on: August 28, 2007, 03:36:05 PM »

Tomovoz I’m pleased to hear Peter is somewhat improved.  Three weeks in the hospital is a long stay, at last it is nice & he can walk around.  Continued vibes to him & to his partner

Thanks Jane and Jennifer.

Peter and is Partner Ray are friends of long ago DR Beekay - also a rural dweller.

I would not know these people without the HHW connection!
More happens through this site than I am sure BK ever dreamed of ....
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #320 on: August 28, 2007, 03:36:23 PM »

Regarding geography, things have changes to much in the last 20 years that I have to get a new atlas!

Edisaurus

« Reply #321 on: August 28, 2007, 03:37:21 PM »

Even if they were out in the rain?  ;)

Someone left the cakes out in the rain?

I don't think that I can take it!

Tomovoz

« Reply #322 on: August 28, 2007, 03:39:01 PM »

I was just informed that the soprano in our quartet has a sinus infection and cannot sing.  So High Holy Day rehearsals for tonight and tomorrow night are cancelled, giving me, oh - 8 or 9 hours of free time unexpectedly!   Yippee!
Time enough to learn the "Waters Of March"
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #323 on: August 28, 2007, 03:47:25 PM »

Unless you're altophobic, like me.

Hey! You gotta problem with altos?

Edisaurus

« Reply #324 on: August 28, 2007, 03:53:56 PM »

Step one...you put a whole in the box...
Step two...you put my Band in the box...

LOL!

Edisaurus

« Reply #325 on: August 28, 2007, 03:54:31 PM »

Larry Craig sure resembles that chinchy bassa developer!

Edisaurus

« Reply #326 on: August 28, 2007, 03:58:54 PM »

Isn't it his job to know the meaning of those "signals?" To my simple way of thinking, this really doesn't seem any different than undercover cops posing as prostitutes or drug dealers. But, that's just my $.02.

Or gang members. My neighborhood cops know all the signs, things you would normally take for granted, like which on side you wear your AK-47.  :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #327 on: August 28, 2007, 03:59:09 PM »

The first place Brigham sent the missionaries to was Idaho.  Idaho is virtually as Mormon as Utah, followed closely by Nevada and Arizona.  They're everywhere, I tell you.   ;D

We got one o' them Mormon temples righchere in Oakland!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #328 on: August 28, 2007, 03:59:32 PM »

I do not know about such things as tapping signals.

The things you learn from the news!

Edisaurus

« Reply #329 on: August 28, 2007, 04:02:13 PM »

I think the only thing the UC did was just sitting in the stall.

Glad to know this now takes the stigma off the Atlanta airport!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Up