Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: POSTMORTEM  (Read 26031 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:POSTMORTEM
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 05:09:30 AM »

The Brain from Planet X - and of course an album is a must if the show is going to be available to be produced by groups!

It sounds as if the show was smashing!

Congratulations!  I am sure I will hear from my friend in the next few days and I will also report his impressions of X and MR BK!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2006, 05:23:20 AM »

Good morning one and all.

Anthony is safely ensconsed in Roanoke, Virginia. He has seen his costume. He hasn't seen the wig yet. First day of rehearsal is today

I've been busy since he left. I'm transferring many tapes which will never come out on CD including both albums by Gotham, the first called just Gotham was a great mix of 70s pop and covers of tight harmony 30s and 40s tunes. The second album, called Void Where Inhibited, was a not-very-good (IMHO) disco influenced album. It will be nice to have them on CD along with some of the 92nd Street Y Lyrics and Lyricists programs. I have Jerry Herman, Sammy Cahn and even though it's not a live performance but archival material, Frank Loesser.

Here is a shot of the Gotham album

Ben

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2006, 05:26:10 AM »

And here is a shot of the good album

Ben

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 05:26:33 AM »

Hi, Dan, bye Dan

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 05:38:24 AM »

Hello, hello, Ben.

I don't know why you say "goodbye".
I say "hello".
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 05:40:10 AM »

DR Elmore, your Victor Herbert album cover almost made me do a Danny Thomas spit take.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2006, 05:45:17 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]@ @ @ @ @  CONGRATS TO BK AND TO THE TALENTED CAST OF THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X  @ @ @ @ @[/move]

-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2006, 05:59:25 AM »

Ah, yes, I forgot to offer my congratulations on your show. Glad you feel better about it all.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2006, 06:02:24 AM »

TOD:

Oreos
Nutter Butters
Animal Crackers (that come in the little circus wagon box)
Fig Newtons
Chips Ahoy!
Pepperidge Farm's Milanos (any flavor)

I have to admit that I seldom go down the cookie and cracker aisle.  I loves cookies and crackers, but they are probably the worse store-bought product when it comes to trans fatty acids.  So it's once in a blue moon that I'll treat myself to a package of Oreos and that gets spread out for a week's consumption.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2006, 06:15:03 AM »

Trader Joe's has some wonderful cookies. They have a cinnamon raisin concoction that I could eat all day. They also have a hard cookie called a Dunker which has cranberry in it. OMG, I could balloon up to the size of a house and eat both those cookies all day and all night.

Ben

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006, 06:16:11 AM »

But, instead, tonight for dinner I will have a simple chicken salad with Italian dressing on the side, using romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and sliced chicken.

Ben

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2006, 06:16:46 AM »

I may then treat myself to a cup of decaffinated coffee and two Trader Joe's cinnamon raisin wonders.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2006, 06:35:38 AM »

My favorite cookie of al time is a Girl SCout Mint, but you can't buy that in stores so I don't know if it counts in the TOD... for supermarket cookies  I woud guess

Vienna Fingers
Pepperidge Farms Orange Milano Cookies
Oreos

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2006, 06:36:55 AM »

Do you know how to eat an Oreo?
Well to do it
You unscrew it
veryfast
For a kid'll eat the middle of an Oreo first
and leave the chocolate cookie outside for last

vixmom

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2006, 06:37:44 AM »

Mother, may I have another Nutter Butter Peanut butter sandwich cookie....please?

vixmom

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2006, 06:38:34 AM »

I can't remember my co-workers names but TV commercials from 20 years ago.... THAT I remember!

vixmom

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2006, 06:41:05 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~QUICK AND PAINLESS RECOVERY VIBES FOR DEAR TCB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~QUICK AND PAINLESS RECOVERY VIBES FOR DEAR TCB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~QUICK AND PAINLESS RECOVERY VIBES FOR DEAR TCB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~QUICK AND PAINLESS RECOVERY VIBES FOR DEAR TCB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]

vixmom

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2006, 06:50:05 AM »

Congratulations onthe successful completion of the Musical Theatre Course, BK.  Will you be attempting this again or was it a "one off"?

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2006, 06:52:59 AM »

Oreos and those Pecan Sandies!

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2006, 06:53:43 AM »

Danise, it is wonderful to have you posting on a more regular basis again. I missed seeing your cute, smiling avatar!

vixmom

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2006, 07:01:50 AM »

Well said Mike!!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2006, 07:05:26 AM »

Mawnin', kidz!

Okay, so Bruce, you finally Get It about working with student actors - which bodes well for continued success in creating a new musical theater department at LACC. And the kids got the crash course in musical theater. You now can meet each other half way, which saves a LOT of time in the glacially slow world of Education. The fact of your professionalism and perfectionism may actually draw working actors to the department, to participate in your workshop to hone their music theater chops - a renaissance at LACC. Nice.

Hope TCB continues to recuperate as well as we are led to expect! Blessings, boychik!

So, one last quick load of laundry, pack the car, pick up my nephew and head off up I-5 in a little while. I'll shlep him to Santa Cruz, so he can check out the campus where he'll be starting his PhD program in Sept, and meet some of the folks in the physics department; thence to Seattle by Thursday night, since he's teaching on Friday. And me - well, I'll be glad to get back to that garden and the birds and the raccoons... I had two days in that garden, and I'm rarin' to really Get At It!!

Probably post tomorrow morning again, while The Boy is shpotseering around UC Santa Cruz... or not. Anyhow, by Friday, I'll certainly be back to check in with y'all. Have a lovely day!
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2006, 07:08:12 AM »

Ahem, cookies... nope. Don't wanna even go there... oops, too late... those little rugelach from the Jewish Bakery on Pico near Robertson...
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2006, 07:21:12 AM »

Good day one and all!!

Continued healing vibes to TCB!!

Glad that the show went well last night BK.. Interesting title...

TOTD:

Oreos (dunked in milk of course)
Pepperidge Orange Milano Cookies
Chips Ahoy
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ben

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2006, 07:22:04 AM »

If rugelach are considered to be cookies then I get the most wonderful rugelach at my Farmers Market. Yummie!!! Between the Trader Joe's cookies and rugelach I could live a tasty sugar filled existence

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2006, 07:24:33 AM »

Good morning!

Absolutely glorious day here. Highs in the high 70s today, but it's cool right now with a breeze blowing. Sheer heaven.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2006, 07:28:03 AM »

Had my dental appointment this morning and emerged with a clean bill of health. Hooray!

Another surprise - my houseguests are not coming! Won't go into the details, but I was VERY surprised.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2006, 07:29:50 AM »

I forgot to mention last night that I did get around to watching Sunday's THE SOPRANOS yesterday.

spoilers- - - - - - -

a couple of bloodbaths for those who like that sort of thing. I was much more intrigued with Carmella's tour of Paris which seemed to have swept her off her feet. Enjoyed experiencing it with her.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2006, 07:31:19 AM »

I read some critic on the internet this morning write that last night's ALIAS finale was a bore, but I'll make up my own mind at some point today. More interested, frankly, in how they wrapped up the season on CSI: MIAMI and OLD CHRISTINE.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2006, 07:33:59 AM »

So glad your musical turned out acceptably, bk. Seeing the inexperienced improve, getting laughs and applause in spots where you wanted them to come, well, that's what teaching and theater is all about.

And if you do this course again, you'll yourself be smarter from your own experience in working through the problems you've had to face. It was a win-win situation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up