Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS  (Read 26298 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2006, 01:49:47 PM »

I see that BATTLESTAR GALACTICA has won a George Foster Peabody Award for excellence in television. I know that will make you happy, DR Ron.

Or are there other sci-fi shows that you champion more? STARGATE, right?

I'm neither happy nor unhappy.  I don't watch BG...I watch "Stargate: SG-1" and "Stargate: Atlantis".

:)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:51:45 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »

Six

Sei

VI

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:51:03 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »

I thought you might enjoy this, MattH

http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics/Angels_Lament.shtml

Thank you for the link, DR vixmom. I tried to listen to it, but of course, with a dial-up connection, it buffered more than it played. Downloading will also take forever. But I saved the link and might listen from a friend with broadband access.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2006, 01:53:52 PM »

I'm neither happy nor unhappy.  I don't watch BG...I watch "Stargate: SG-1" and "Stargate: Atlantis".

:)

Ah, sorry. I remembered you watched a couple of shows on the Sci-Fi channel. Never Mind!  :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2006, 02:01:57 PM »

Ah, sorry. I remembered you watched a couple of shows on the Sci-Fi channel. Never Mind!  :)

LOL!  I DID try to watch "...Galactica" when it first started...but I quickly tired of the machinations of some of the characters.  After two hours of heady, frothy "Stargate" matters, "...Galactica" suddenly expected me to "think."

And I didn't wanna.

So....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2006, 02:02:32 PM »

I watch (and LOVE) Battlestar Galactica!  That's pretty cool about the award. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2006, 02:07:35 PM »

Well, there ya go!

If I were as young as you, George, I'd probably have the energy to watch it, too.

One day, though...you'll understand how the aging mind automatically shorts out after a long day and refuses to engage beyond basic needs/requirements.

:D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 02:13:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2006, 02:11:04 PM »

Lovely treat in the mailbox before I left for work and Kevin now warbling away on my computer...

Nice Job BK!!!  You get high marks for it is an excellent CD.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2006, 02:12:03 PM »

One of the better "Will and Grace" episodes aired last night.  It was a Thanksgiving episode:

Stan is in prison
Jack's stepfather is visiting in town
Grace is expected at her mother's
Willis expected at his mother's

And they've all made plans to dine at Will and Grace's...

So they get a timer....agree on limiting their visits...and they all go out to spend time with each other's whomevers.

At Will's, Karen daydreams that her ideal man would be a blue collar worker with a toolbelt, even though he wouldn't know how to spell it.  At that moment, a plumber walks in responding to a call Will's mother made.

Karen is all over him and then some.

It's a total hoot!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2006, 02:21:01 PM »

I have only seen Will and Grace a few times... NOt a bad show. Rather humorous at times.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2006, 02:21:38 PM »

Ron, Did you know that Sean Hayes did a movie with Matt Ashford called Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2006, 02:23:32 PM »

Need to get back to work... Will wander in a bit later when I get some more things on my list done....

I also want to let people know as we get more into April I may become a bit E&T due to finishing up my paper that I have been researching like mad.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2006, 02:49:35 PM »

PennyO, the reading of act one (probably all we'll have time for tomorrow) is at LACC on the mainstage at 9:45 sharp.  Come if you like.  Act two will be next Tuesday.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2006, 02:51:18 PM »

In addition to (not instead of) the Mr Pitney songs already named, I will add MECCA and EVERY BREATH I TAKE
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2006, 02:53:17 PM »

PennyO, the reading of act one (probably all we'll have time for tomorrow) is at LACC on the mainstage at 9:45 sharp.  Come if you like.  Act two will be next Tuesday.

I saw a play like that once.  The Playbill said:

Act One - Thursday at 9:45
Act Two - The Following Tuesday   ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2006, 02:55:06 PM »

I love that WILL & GRACE Thanksgiving episode, one of their best.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2006, 02:55:42 PM »

I have BILLY'S HOLLYWOOD SCREEN KISS on DVD and will have to watch it again soon to see Matt. I didn't remember he was in it.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2006, 02:56:46 PM »

Guess I need to head down now and take chore of some cleaning.

WBBL.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2006, 03:05:43 PM »

Demon dog has left the library and now I feel it is is a bit safer to post.

I wanted to add a few additional comments about the Kevin Spirtas CD that I am enjoying.. He is a wonderful singer and the great thought and consideration went into the selection and arrangement of the tracks.

It is a nice blend of light and lively and more serious ballads. A great CD!!

Bk, you did a beautiful job. You should be proud... I am really enjoying this!

btw, student worker is now jamming with Kevin on Jailhouse Rock!

They have given it thumbs up!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 03:09:36 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2006, 03:06:43 PM »

I have BILLY'S HOLLYWOOD SCREEN KISS on DVD and will have to watch it again soon to see Matt. I didn't remember he was in it.

he played Whitey the underwear model. A group of Matt fans got together adn watched it.... We had to get the film through netflix for none of the stores here will stock it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2006, 03:07:21 PM »

I love that WILL & GRACE Thanksgiving episode, one of their best.

I liked taht episode also...

Tomovoz

« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2006, 03:07:22 PM »

Gene Pitney:

Favourite Pitney written songs:

Hello Mary Lou
He's A Rebel
Today's Teardrops
Rubber Ball.

Favourite Pitney sung songs:

It If didn't Have A Time To Play the Jukebox
Donna Means Heartbreak
Blue Angel
Trans Canada Highway
I'm Afraid To Go home
Only Love Can Break A Heart
It Hurts To Be In Love
Who Needs It
The Boss's Daughter
Last Exit To Brooklyn
Billy you're My Friend
I Must Be Seeing Things
Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart

Mr Pitney was a frequent viisted to OZ and never lost his fan base. Way too young and will be missed.
He and Roy Orbison's voices were the "sounds" of my teenage years.

In the UK and Australia Pitney had Top10 hit records spanning 30 years.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2006, 03:08:50 PM »

There is a duet with Mr Pitney on the most recent of Jane Olivor's albums.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »

Dear DR DakotaCelt: Earthquakes are, by and large, less dramatic than you have seen in the movies, particularly in California.  For one thing, while there is constant tremoring, the vast majority of the tremors are too faint to be detected by humans.  When the tremors are strong enough to be felt, most of the time it's a little jolt, and people look around and say "Oh, we must have just had an earthquate, tra-la!" and go on their merry way.

When the quakes are sizable, which doesn't happen that often, there can be some structural damage, but most buildings in California are built to withstand the shaking.  This includes the film studios.  If you've seen buildings falling down in films, it's because special effects wizards have designed sets to do that.  They rarely fall down and go boom in real life.

This is not to say that buildings don't fall down.  It's just that the buildings that fall down are usually located in Japan or the Middle East.

Now let me see if I understand this whole thing............ Every time an earthquake rattles Southern California, a building falls down in Japan or the Middle East?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2006, 03:34:03 PM »

Now let me see if I understand this whole thing............ Every time an earthquake rattles Southern California, a building falls down in Japan or the Middle East?

Precisely.  See what paying attention can do!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2006, 03:34:52 PM »

DR DakotaCelt:

I have seen that movie with Sean Hayes...was Matt the one who went to Catalina and Sean followed him?

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2006, 03:40:09 PM »

It is snowing here on the Island of Long.  We had big fluffy flakes a while ago but now it's more of a rain/snow mix

Wow! It's 75 here in the City of Sioux.  May still hit 77 before the day is over

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: April 05, 2006, 03:40:31 PM »

Makes sense to me :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: April 05, 2006, 03:40:58 PM »

DR DakotaCelt:

I have seen that movie with Sean Hayes...was Matt the one who went to Catalina and Sean followed him?

yes... There was an Island shoot and Whitey was feeling jealous because his lover was taking a fance you Sean Hayes' character whose name escapes me

Matt also appeared in Paper Bullets

an episode of Pacific Blue
Friends
Dharma and Greg
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 03:45:15 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: April 05, 2006, 03:41:34 PM »

Wow! It's 75 here in the City of Sioux.  May still hit 77 before the day is over

Same here in FArgo, it got a lot warmer than they predicted. We are well into the 60s.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up