Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BKs ARE GO  (Read 20289 times)

Jennifer

Re:BKs ARE GO
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2004, 08:47:11 AM »

I have a recipe for apple strudel muffins that are so good.  Only problem is they taste more like cake than a muffin.  But they are still delicious.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2004, 08:49:48 AM »

Only problem is they taste more like cake than a muffin.  

And the problem with this is....?

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2004, 08:53:37 AM »

DR MBarnum, if you really want to enjoy Big Brother you must read the canoe updates.  It makes the show a 100 times better.

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamBigBrother5/home.html

(click on the here link right under the chat logo).

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2004, 08:57:27 AM »

I was most impressed with Teresa Heinz Kerry's speech at the Democratic convention. She's bright, compassionate and funny; supportive, yet very much her own person.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2004, 09:05:43 AM »

Ask BK (and other DRs) Day Question:

Lately, I have noticed that I will glance up at a (digital) clock, and I will notice that the numbers of the hours and minutes will correlate with the numbers of the month and day of my birth.

For instance, if one's birthday was, let's say...March 19th (which it isn't), one would wake up in the middle of the night (as one might occasionally do) and see that the bedside clock was reading 3:19 AM, or be on the task bar of your computer and notice that the online clock is reading 3:19 PM.  And it just seems to be happenstance....

Does this happen to anyone else out there?

Not exactly like this, but something similar...when I'm ordering books for the library (where I work), we have many review journals and I usually glance through the reviews to see if the book is anything I'm interested in.  As I order, I also have the luxury of listening to my CDs.  It seems to me that more often than one would think, when I hear a word in a song, I will glance or read the exact same word in the journal at the exact same time!  Sometimes (but not as frequently) I'll be listening to the radio in my car and I'll read a word on a bumper sticker at the exact same time that I hear it in a song!  Amazing, ain't it??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2004, 09:07:03 AM »

Quote from: Jennifer on Today at 08:47:11am
Only problem is they taste more like cake than a muffin.

And the problem with this is....?

Well it's not a problem per se.   It's just usually when I want a muffin, it's to eat in the morning.  And I don't normally eat cake in the morning.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2004, 09:11:25 AM »

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2004, 09:17:04 AM »

I was most impressed with Teresa Heinz Kerry's speech at the Democratic convention. She's bright, compassionate and funny; supportive, yet very much her own person.

I thought so, also.  HOWEVER, I was switching through the channels this morning and I stopped for a moment on channel 11 (UPN local affiliate) but in the morning they broadcast CBN (I'm guessing Christian Broadcast News).  Anyway, the "newscaster" said that Teresa Heinz Kerry's speech "put some people to sleep." :o  They can't just report on the substance of her speech, they have to hurl insults anyway they can.  How rude! (a Scrambled Feet reference)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2004, 09:44:21 AM »

I find the numbers on my digital clocks usually correspond with the time of day.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2004, 09:45:29 AM »

Love Blueberry muffins and cranberry muffins! Chocolate Chip muffins are great as well!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2004, 09:51:49 AM »

For pity's sakes!  Stop procrastinating and watch the expanded "LOTR: The Two Towers"!

;D

That was one of the DVDs I was contemplating. Still no decision yet, however. I have some stuff I taped last week while I was gone that needs to get watched, too, so I might have to do that and then watch something shorter tonight, like a RETURN OF SHERLOCK HOLMES episode.

Off to lunch now with a friend but will decide when I get back.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2004, 09:54:06 AM »

I just read that Jerry Falwell is going to give the opening Invocation at the Republican National Convention. No further comment necessary.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2004, 09:54:58 AM »

I'll eat just about any kind of muffin offered me, but I don't seek them out and never order them.

George

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2004, 09:57:32 AM »

I just read that Jerry Falwell is going to give the opening Invocation at the Republican National Convention. No further comment necessary.

Will he also give the Instructions to the Audience? ;) (a Sondheim reference)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2004, 10:16:28 AM »

I so rarely look at clocks it's never something I've noticed.

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2004, 10:23:31 AM »

This season's Amazing Race is pretty good.

But I have a question for those who watch.  Didn't they say there was supposed to be some special thing each team could use to stop a team ahead of them for one hour.

Sort of like the Fast Forward from other years.

What happened to that?  And how come nobody has used it?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2004, 10:50:50 AM »

DerBrucer - Forgot to mention that I laughed yesterday when you twisted the titles of a number of my filums.

Dan-in-TO - I do believe I've had Mars muffins.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2004, 11:01:27 AM »

So ... the question for the day:

What's your favorite muffin?

Stud!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2004, 11:22:04 AM »

Through with my morning stuff.  Getting ready to lunch with our very own Mr. Mark Rothman (aka Machhus), who still hasn't figured out how to post here.  I will, of course, bitch-slap him from here to eternity and hell and back.

Then I've got tons of other stuff to do before rehearsal starts.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2004, 11:32:37 AM »

This season's Amazing Race is pretty good.

But I have a question for those who watch.  Didn't they say there was supposed to be some special thing each team could use to stop a team ahead of them for one hour.

Sort of like the Fast Forward from other years.

What happened to that?  And how come nobody has used it?

I believe this was called a "Yield," and thus far Allison and Donnie (I believe) were the only ones to have found one, in the first episode.

From the way they happened upon it, it seemed that these truly were only to "found," as opposed to the old "Fast Forwards," about which information was in everyone's clue envelopes, but could only be used by one team.

I would also think they may be more of a factor in non-elimination episodes....

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2004, 11:32:41 AM »

DtM that is a very FUNNY clock....and I know just how that writer feels somedays.

I went to help my uncle and aunt set up their new computer yesterday and didn't get very far.  Their phone lines and the instructions didn't seem to coincide....so my brother in law Jason is going over this afternoon to finish what I started.  BUT I did get started.

I love banana nut muffins!

Lady Penelope in The Thunderbirds and her butler were both definitely British - and I seem to remember the MJ induced re-dubbing story.  Hopefully the discs  are all returned to original!

MY question for ASK BK day.....what is the BEST movie souvenir book you have ever purchased, the one that you enjoyed the most after seeing the movie!  I like the books/magazines I got at Ben-Hur and Oklahoma! but my favorite is the pink hardback book from My Fair Lady!
....it has an undertaste.....

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2004, 11:33:03 AM »

Ask BK (and other DRs) Day Question:

Lately, I have noticed that I will glance up at a (digital) clock, and I will notice that the numbers of the hours and minutes will correlate with the numbers of the month and day of my birth.

For instance, if one's birthday was, let's say...March 19th (which it isn't), one would wake up in the middle of the night (as one might occasionally do) and see that the bedside clock was reading 3:19 AM, or be on the task bar of your computer and notice that the online clock is reading 3:19 PM.  And it just seems to be happenstance....

Does this happen to anyone else out there?

For me, it is in the afternoon while Arthur is on TV, so I'm not looking at the clock.

I am right now eating my favorite breakfast of leftover pizza and Cherry Coke.

We got some of those Swoops candy things. They're like Pringles chips, only chocolate. They melted in the car and then hardened again so it was just a big chunk of chocolate. Not that I'm complaining.  ;D

My favorite muffin is still in the planning stages in my head. I call it a "mookie." It's a cross between a muffin and a cookie. I've only made one batch and it didn't turn out too well.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2004, 11:44:16 AM »

MY question for ASK BK day.....what is the BEST movie souvenir book you have ever purchased, the one that you enjoyed the most after seeing the movie!  I like the books/magazines I got at Ben-Hur and Oklahoma! but my favorite is the pink hardback book from My Fair Lady!

By far my favorite souvenir book from a movie is much more obscure that Ben-Hur (which I loved) and even King of Kings (which I also loved) - it's the souvenir book from Scent of Mystery in Smell-o-Vision.  I have two of them, both gotten off eBay (who knows where my original went to), but both are the softcover variant.  I originally had a hardcover copy that we bought when seeing the movie.  The souvenir book not only contained beautiful stills from the movie, but also a complete list of the smells, and a 45rpm record of the title song and something called The Chase, both sung by Eddie Fisher.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2004, 11:44:23 AM »

My favorite muffin is still in the planning stages in my head. I call it a "mookie." It's a cross between a muffin and a cookie. I've only made one batch and it didn't turn out too well.

Hmmm...I had an idea a while back about breakfast cookies--cookies that looked and tasted like pancakes, waffles or french toast.  They would be ideal for the busy mom-on-the-go to serve to her kids in the morning as they rushed off to school.  I couldn't come up with a catchy enough name, though.  Breakfast + cookies = Brookies?  It doesn't exactly trip off the tongue.  

Where's Darrin Stephens when you need him?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 11:47:30 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2004, 11:50:53 AM »

I really don't have much to add at this point, but I don't want to run the risk of being bitchslapped, either.

Favorite muffin:  lemon poppy seed
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2004, 11:58:19 AM »

Good Morning!

Will someone please remind me to stretch out my legs after sitting at the piano all night long at rehearsal?  I noticed a few days ago that my lower back was acting up, and that it felt like my sciatica was also acting up in my left leg again, so...  When I got up this morning, I was feeling a bit "twinge-y", but after some good stretching and deep-breathing, all is better now.  Now if I can just find some Advil or Aleve...  It just always amazes me what kind of symptoms can result from tight hamstrings.  In any case...

Favorite muffins: Chocolate-Chocolate Chip, Blueberry-Lemon, Orange Cranberry, Banana Nut, Black Bottom Muffins (well, I guess it's more of a cupcake at Starbucks - kind of a half and half affair, yellow cake and chocolate cake), Cinnamon Spice...

-Although, I do have to say I'd pick a cupcake over a muffin anytime - frosting!  Hmmm...

As for a breakfast type cookie, there are companies out there that do make "muffin tops" - remember the Seinfeld episode?  And I've seen muffin top pans available in cookware stores - SWW?  And whenever I visit my family, I'm always amazed by all the new frozen breakfast, pop-it-in-the-toaster, foods in the freezer that they keep on hand for my nieces and nephews.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2004, 11:59:40 AM »

DerBrucer - Forgot to mention that I laughed yesterday when you twisted the titles of a number of my filums.

Anything to please, have a bite:

DOBOS TORTE

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2004, 12:04:41 PM »

I NEED some of that cake.  Shortly I will be off to Todai for a lovely luncheon.  Hopefully I will not overeat.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2004, 12:06:08 PM »

OH!... And speaking of the Democratic National Convention...  Did anyone else catch "The Daily Show" last night?  It was their first broadcast from the DNC.  Very funny.  I watched it "live" at 11:00, and then watched it again right after it was done with my friend, Chris since he Tivo'd it too.  And I laughed both times!  Some truly funny stuff - political and non-political.

The whole hometown of Boston feature was particularly creative and funny.  And just a tad scandalous too - but in a good way.  There's one line that still has me cracking me up - but I don't think it's appropriate for this family site...  But just in case... As a tease... -And maybe another DR can fill in the rest of the line - and the joke...

"Here we are at Boston's famous Fenway Park, home of the Green Monster.  I had my own Green Monster growing up...."

(_____________)

Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2004, 12:10:23 PM »

Dan-in-TO - I do believe I've had Mars muffins.

For lonely days of writer's block, you can make your own:

(Recipe from Chocoholic)

Mars Bar Muffins

For this recipe I actually use a muffin mix....you can of course make your own muffins from scratch, but I find once you add the various ingredients, no one will ever know that these muffins came out of a packet!!!

Ingredients:
2 x 60 gram Mars Bars
3/4 cup Vanilla custard (make your own or buy it pre-mixed)
500 gram packet Multi Purpose Muffin Mix (I use White Wings)
1/2 cup water
1 egg
Icing sugar for dusting

Method:
1.   Pre-heat the oven to 180C or 160C for a fan force ovens. Grease, or line with patty cases, a 2 x 6 whole muffin pan.

2.   Chop your Mars Bars in half lengthwise then finely chop.

3.   Toss the Mars Bars into a large mixing bowl with the muffin mix. Combine the custard, water and egg in a small mixing bowl and add the muffin mix. Using a spatula stir gently until mixture is only just combined.

4.   Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer.

5.   Serve warm dusted with the icing sugar.

der tempter Brucer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up