News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D  (Read 15401 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:3D
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2004, 08:31:11 PM »

The Stage Deli!  MMMMMMMMMMM - and they give you SO MUCH food - well, I guess I mean, the SELL you so much food!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2004, 08:34:12 PM »

Got back from an endurance test tonight attending a new play written by Southern playwright Judy Simpson Cook - STARSTRUCK. Uh, nice try but not good.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2004, 08:35:09 PM »

Page Six Dance!  ;D

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2004, 08:35:18 PM »

One thing I did enjoy today was the DVD of I CONFESS. Underrated Hitchcock and the print looks far, far better than the one for STAGE FRIGHT. Did not have time to watch the documentary since I had to leave for the theater, but I'll watch it tomorrow.

Montgomery Clift was one beautiful man.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 08:36:29 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2004, 09:19:02 PM »

I'll be horn-swoggled if we didn't have us a frenzy and a half whilst I was supping.  Dinner was glorious, it was grand to see Vinnie and Stefanie again, and just a lovely night all the way around.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2004, 09:36:03 PM »

Montgomery Clift was one beautiful man.

YES!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2004, 09:36:04 PM »

Btw, the guy who lives next door is getting snow removal services this winter!  That means no more him using his snow plow tractor and putting all his snow in front of my drive-way.  Yeah!
This reminds me, I need to get a good snow shovel before winter sets in.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2004, 09:44:36 PM »

My treasured birthday card from Monty: Signed "Belated good wishes, Monty Clift"

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2004, 09:49:47 PM »

Der Brucer and I took Zeus with us as we ran our errands.  Good thing, because we kept running into people who would say "What a nice dog," and then they'd listen to our spiel about how he is up for adoption.  Second good thing, that I keep a small notepad in my pocket, because several times I wrote down our phone number, so that people could give us a call.  One woman DID call us, interested in adopting Zeus, and she sounded like a very good candidate as an owner.  Unfortunately, her father got to talking with her after her first call, and talked her out of the idea as her work hours are rather hectic and she wouldn't have time for the pooch.

Still, in all...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2004, 10:15:46 PM »

Heading downtown, I stopped in a discount bookstore while der B and Zeus went over to a pet supply store.  I was looking for a book on dog breeds (which I found), but while there I also found the Frommer's It Happened on Broadway, which was discussed yesterday.  Heck, they had it marked down to $9, which made it a steal.

What I hadn't realized until I got to the register was that the store was celebrating an anniversary, which meant that my purchases were marked down an extra 25%.

What, exactly, is the word for a steal that is made into an even better bargain?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2004, 10:42:06 PM »

Re TOD, I'm just glad that we have preserved what has been preserved.  While I appreciate Noel's comments about live theater being intended to be live, I recently enjoyed digging out of our collection a video preservation of Joe Papp's production of The Pirates of Penzance, in it's original Central Park staging.  Being able to watch George Rose perform "Modern Major-General" is a blessing, in whatever form.

So, my wish list would be for at least some of the performances that have been preserved on tape to be released, however much wrangling it takes to get the legal rights.  And yes, I'd pay premium dollar for them.  And I'd much rather have legal copies of these shows, over bootlegs.  I strongly believe that the creators of these shows deserve their fair cut of the profits.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2004, 11:44:06 PM »

No posts in over an hour.  Skammen.  You'd think it was late on a Saturday evening.  Apparently, it IS late on a Saturday evening and the air is filled with the smell of WUSSBURGERS.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2004, 11:56:04 PM »

The hills are alive
With the smells of wussing...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up