Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOW TIME  (Read 62878 times)

Danise

Re:SHOW TIME
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2006, 02:33:57 PM »

I said... Woody Allen... NOT S Woody White you know! :o ;D

I know -- I'm not crazy about Woody Allen.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2006, 02:39:42 PM »

Voice is coming back, too.

continued voice vibes to bk!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2006, 02:41:04 PM »

DR Elmore, how are you?  I know the days after a fall like you had are much worse then the day it happened.  

DR Danise, I'm walking cautiously and all the scabs still ache, but I'm fine.  

I'm back from a wonderful afternoon rehearsal of the NY Pops at Carnegie Hall with Liz and Ann Hampton Callaway.  Our Liz is amazing; I age and she youthens:  she's slim, blonde and beautiful and as lovely as the day is long.  Dear Friend BK, she sends her love.  She and Ann did "Brotherhood of Man" and Liz did "Feed the Birds" and "Moon River" among others.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »

Yes DR DAKOTA CELT, she is beautiful - although some might disagree on the "actress" part - but you are correct, it doesn't help the movie much.

Too bad her hair stylist wasn't told the movie didn't take place in 1965.

aspects of the movies do not fit the cultural models propsed by Richard Lowie and E. Adamson Hoebel.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2006, 02:44:18 PM »

Elmore

Your Priority Mail package is in the hands of the US Post Office

!!!!!!!!COOKIES!!!!!!!!
[/color]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2006, 02:44:38 PM »

I know -- I'm not crazy about Woody Allen.  

nor am I. There has been a movie here and there that I have liked by him.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2006, 02:45:40 PM »

!!!!!!!!COOKIES!!!!!!!!
[/color]

HIDE!!!! Elmore is going to become the cookie monster!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2006, 02:46:03 PM »

Yesterday the Vixter and I watched Bride and Prejudice.  we both liked it very much.

Now i have to get Pride and Prejudice for her to see.  A while ago someone (elmore?) suiggested a particiular version that we should watch but I cannot remember if it was  the Colin Firth version or the BBC version

Suggestions welcome

!!!!!!!!COLIN FIRTH!!!!!!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2006, 02:46:33 PM »

I'm back from a wonderful afternoon rehearsal of the NY Pops at Carnegie Hall with Liz and Ann Hampton Callaway.  Our Liz is amazing; I age and she youthens:  she's slim, blonde and beautiful and as lovely as the day is long.  Dear Friend BK, she sends her love.  She and Ann did "Brotherhood of Man" and Liz did "Feed the Birds" and "Moon River" among others.

I have heard a couple of pieces done by Liz Callaway and she does have a beautiful voice.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2006, 02:59:21 PM »

I have heard a couple of pieces done by Liz Callaway and she does have a beautiful voice.

A couple of pieces?  JUST A COUPLE??  You, DakotaCelt, are completely depriving yourself of the wonderful talents of Elmore and BK's close and personal friend, the one and only Liz Callaway!  She's got one of the most beautiful voices that I've ever heard!  Very, very, very (that's three verys) highly recommended!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2006, 03:00:16 PM »

I just read on the internet that one of my favorite new programs of the season, BONES, has been renewed for a full 22 episodes for next year! Hooray!

I just read on TVGuide.com that Kyle MacLachlan of (formerly??...see the last couple of sentences) "In Justice" is doing a few episodes of "Desperate Housewives."  How many men does Susan need to be involved with??

Scoop! Wisteria Lane Meets Twin Peaks
Former [/i]Twin Peaks G-man Kyle MacLachlan — most recently the star of ABC's now-adjourned legal drama In Justice — is joining the cast of Desperate Housewives on April 16 for a multiepisode arc. "He’s a lovelorn, single dentist who is trying to make a connection with Susan," says executive producer Tom Spezialy. "She’s already entangled with her ex-husband and Mike, so he’s very much the fourth wheel in this situation." MacLachlan will appear in a handful of episodes and it’s possible he could return in the fall. "It depends how he plays," says Spezialy. "I would think he would fit in nicely in our world." Another variable: ABC hasn’t officially canceled In Justice. Not sure what they're waiting for.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2006, 03:05:59 PM »

I'm so glad that you are ok, DR Elmore.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

François de Paris

« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2006, 03:12:44 PM »

nor am I. There has been a movie here and there that I have liked by him.

"A movie here and there!"... "A movie here and there!"
Oh my goodness! Seeing a W. Allen movie is such a jubilation! (to me, at least!) :D

Well, I was referring jokingly to the man, not the movie maker!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2006, 03:12:54 PM »

A couple of pieces?  JUST A COUPLE??  You, DakotaCelt, are completely depriving yourself of the wonderful talents of Elmore and BK's close and personal friend, the one and only Liz Callaway!  She's got one of the most beautiful voices that I've ever heard!  Very, very, very (that's three verys) highly recommended!! ;D

I will have ot look and raise holy cane at the BN here in Fargo. She does have a lovely voice. I fell in love with vocal talents from the pieces she did for the Anastasia soundtrack. Beautiful!! I particularly love Journey to the Past. I am impressed.

ND is not exactly the hotbed of music access. One store in Grand Forks even had The Chieftains classified as heavy metal....

I have her on my list along with several other artists. There is a Canadian singer I also like, Loreena McKennit.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2006, 03:15:03 PM »

"A movie here and there!"... "A movie here and there!"
Oh my goodness! Seeing a W. Allen movie is such a jubilation! (to me, at least!) :D

Well, I was referring jokingly to the man, not the movie maker!

I do like a number of French movies: The REturn of Martin Guerre, Jean de Florette and Manons of Spring..

I also like the movie Au Revoir, Les Enfants.... HOwever, I bawled at the end of it. Very powerful.

François de Paris

« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2006, 03:15:20 PM »

"A beautiful voice!".... "A beautiful voice!"

To quote BK - and I hope I quoke correctly --

Her voice makes me happy!

GET her Spotlight Series (BK produced cds!) at once!! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2006, 03:17:34 PM »

I do like a number of French movies: The REturn of Martin Guerre, Jean de Florette and Manons of Spring..

I also like the movie Au Revoir, Les Enfants.... HOwever, I bawled at the end of it. Very powerful.

Any "decent" human being does bawl at the end of Au Revoir Les Enfants!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2006, 03:18:33 PM »

BREAK A LEG, BK!
[/color]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2006, 03:18:48 PM »

But what do they know in Dakota?! :o :o ;D 8)

George

« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2006, 03:18:58 PM »

I will have ot look and raise holy cane at the BN here in Fargo. She does have a lovely voice. I fell in love with vocal talents from the pieces she did for the Anastasia soundtrack. Beautiful!! I particularly love Journey to the Past. I am impressed.

ND is not exactly the hotbed of music access. One store in Grand Forks even had The Chieftains classified as heavy metal....

I have her on my list along with several other artists. There is a Canadian singer I also like, Loreena McKennit.

If you don't want to purchase her recordings yet, you could try your local library, or if they don't have her CDs, they should have an Interlibrary Loan department that might be able to get some/all of them from other libraries around the country...unless your library has a crap ILL department. ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2006, 03:24:31 PM »

Any "decent" human being does bawl at the end of Au Revoir Les Enfants!

I highly recommended this movie to a professor who wanted some movies related to the holocaust for his class to watch. This movie packs a punch.  It has been a number of years since I have seen it but the images remain seared in your mind. That is how powerful it is.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 03:25:43 PM by DakotaCelt »

François de Paris

« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2006, 03:25:26 PM »

BREAK A LEG, BK!
[/color]

For some reason, I first read BREAK A KEGG!

but that should be after the show! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2006, 03:29:25 PM »

If you don't want to purchase her recordings yet, you could try your local library, or if they don't have her CDs, they should have an Interlibrary Loan department that might be able to get some/all of them from other libraries around the country...unless your library has a crap ILL department. ;)

No local ILL is picky at the university... I can understand that. They are not happy with me at the moment due to my researchf or my paper....

I will check with local public library and it appears that they have one of Liz's CD. I will wander down tomorrow for they are already closed today...

I was also looking for Bruce's books but no libraries around here have them. NDSU used to be associated with the MN library system until the NDUS had a cob  and they ordered NDSU to join the ODIN system. ODIN does not win any prizes in my book!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »

For some reason, I first read BREAK A KEGG!

but that should be after the show! ;)

Francois, you can supply the proverbial bottle of champagne after the show!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2006, 03:31:12 PM »

:)

I think it was either a Terry O'Quinn joke...OR...a deliberate insert directed at the audience that says, "Yes!  Men DO check each other out in the locker rooms!"

Really?  Personally, I would have been surprised to know that Jack had eyes!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2006, 03:32:10 PM »

But what do they know in Dakota?! :o :o ;D 8)

NOt much at times. They had Kornog classified also as heavy metal....

They play beautiful folk music from Breton.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2006, 03:33:05 PM »

Francois, there is one radio station in the state that classifies Tony Orlando and Dawn as classic Rock. They play it right alongside Metallica and The Who.

Danise

« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2006, 03:39:02 PM »

Thank you, DR Ron Pulliam for the link on the EmergenC.   It does seem to be like Airborne for the most part.  I have to say that I swear by that when I feel a cold coming on.

Speaking of cold, we're going down to the 40'sin the morning!  
"A last gasp of Winter," the weatherman said.  

Talk about an understatement!  ::)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

François de Paris

« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2006, 03:46:55 PM »

Thank you, DR Ron Pulliam for the link on the EmergenC.   It does seem to be like Airborne for the most part.  I have to say that I swear by that when I feel a cold coming on.

Speaking of cold, we're going down to the 40'sin the morning!  
"A last gasp of Winter," the weatherman said.  

Talk about an understatement!  ::)

I just pray you don't get snow, Danise! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2006, 03:48:41 PM »

Francois, there is one radio station in the state that classifies Tony Orlando and Dawn as classic Rock. They play it right alongside Metallica and The Who.

They should play Liz Callaway too... and her sister!
They're both classic punk! :D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up