Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO/WHOM  (Read 9859 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHO/WHOM
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2012, 11:21:44 AM »

I only stayed for Betsy's 5 o'clock show, JR, and she did fine.  She was a little nervous, which probably only I realized and therefore had a tendency to say "you know," which I've never heard her do before under any circumstances, but other than that, she got some nice laughs and people seemed to really enjoy her.  Her biggest laugh always tends to be one of the jokes I gave her (naturally ;) ).  She does a routine about GPS and talks about how the voices are always female.  She then says if the unit had a male voice, you'd stick in the address and it would say dismissively, "Yeah, I know where that is."  ;)

;D

Jane

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »

Jane

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »

Thank you  for the MIL vibes -  I just heard from FIL and she is recovering nicely and may be released as early as Wednesday

Wonderful news!!!

Jane

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »

Re the popcorn microwave - tried baking soda and white vinegar  and I have had a box of baking soda standing in there for a week - I mayhave to fgo with Laura's suggestion though I am quite loathe to do it as it is only a year old

Do you have a microwave popper or use a store purchased bag with lots of junk added to the popcorn?

Jane

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »

Here are a couple of inner web suggestions DR VIXMOM.

If the lingering odor is still a problem, there are two methods you can try: coffee and vinegar. We’ll start with the coffee method.
    Coffee is known to absorb odors, so fill the coffee mug or small bowl with about 2 tablespoons of ground coffee and ½ cup of water.
    Set the cup in a small bowl (to catch any overflow as it boils) and place it in the microwave.
    Microwave the coffee on high for about 2 minutes. Be careful when you go to remove it as it will be HOT.
    Repeat as necessary.
    Another odor remover is vinegar. Fill the small bowl about half full of vinegar and place it in the microwave.
    Turn the microwave on and let it heat until it steams.
    Once it has developed a good amount of steam, turn off the microwave and let it set for about 10 minutes.
    Wipe out the microwave with water and a soft cloth.
    There may be a vinegar smell in the microwave, but this will dissipate within a day or two.

I never heard of coffee.  I was about to suggest microwaving vinegar.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2012, 11:28:54 AM »

An enzyme cleaner might also work.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »

The other night I watched a movie titled SECOND FIDDLE with Tyrone Power and Sonja Henie....with a score by Irving Berlin.  There were two really nice songs....it's too bad Guy Haines has chosen all the songs for his new cd....I had never heard either of them.....

I Poured My Heart Into a Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDKOpa98VUw

AND

I'm Sorry For Myself - which doesn't seem to have any clips on YouTube....but is lovely and ironic....

:)

Jane

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »

I hope DR Jennifer is not freezing while playing at the festival.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »

Here are a couple of inner web suggestions DR VIXMOM.

If the lingering odor is still a problem, there are two methods you can try: coffee and vinegar. We’ll start with the coffee method.
    Coffee is known to absorb odors, so fill the coffee mug or small bowl with about 2 tablespoons of ground coffee and ½ cup of water.
    Set the cup in a small bowl (to catch any overflow as it boils) and place it in the microwave.
    Microwave the coffee on high for about 2 minutes. Be careful when you go to remove it as it will be HOT.
    Repeat as necessary.
    Another odor remover is vinegar. Fill the small bowl about half full of vinegar and place it in the microwave.
    Turn the microwave on and let it heat until it steams.
    Once it has developed a good amount of steam, turn off the microwave and let it set for about 10 minutes.
    Wipe out the microwave with water and a soft cloth.
    There may be a vinegar smell in the microwave, but this will dissipate within a day or two.

I never heard of coffee.  I was about to suggest microwaving vinegar.

Really? I am surprised!  It is a very popular beverage in the US of A
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:35:53 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »

;D

vixmom

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »

Re the popcorn microwave - tried baking soda and white vinegar  and I have had a box of baking soda standing in there for a week - I mayhave to fgo with Laura's suggestion though I am quite loathe to do it as it is only a year old

Do you have a microwave popper or use a store purchased bag with lots of junk added to the popcorn?

the Vixter was given a bag of microwave popcorn by somebody and overcooked it ---

I have a air popper  popcorn maker which I much prefer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »

Here is a typical sentence with correct comma placement that would drive me crazy:  Blah, blah blah blah, blah, blah blah blah blah, blah, blah, and blah.

The problem iwith what you just posted is that your sentence has no verb so it cannot be a sentence. I think a post here, and I'm very guilty here on runon sentences, misplaced prepositions, etc, I think i've been called himorless and other things as well, but posting here is something I write quickly, often and incorrectly using it's for its and too for to or two. For my professional work, I want a proofreader to catch these things, along with other incorrect things, from obective case to transitive and intransitive verbs. I prefer to see the same correct grammar in what I read or hear; the illiteracy in tv writing and the news is appalling to me.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »

I have a beef stew in the slow cooker - just the thing for a bitter cold day

Can you send directions to Deer park?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2012, 12:08:09 PM »

This has been a day of trouble shooting and long phone conversations.  I feel I've achieved very little.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2012, 12:31:22 PM »

I find this wall to wall Whitney coverage absurd.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »

Some days I am glad I have no tv, JMK.

Most days, actually. Especially now that it is campaign season.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2012, 12:34:20 PM »

Betsy, a former news anchor/reporter/writer, has a major pet peeve:  if reporters/commentators use a singular verb with media.  She has been known to scream at the television.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »

Well it's ALL WHITNEY ALL THE TIME 24/7 on television and the inner web this morning - I hope no one needs to hear about anything else.

Hmmm, not on my TV.  I saw only a couple of brief stories about Whitney this morning.  Ironically, I have some extreme skiing competition playing in the backbground; and one of the favorites they keep talking about is Bobby Brown.  Every time they say the name, I have to turn around and see which Bobby Brown they are talking about.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »

I have a beef stew in the slow cooker - just the thing for a bitter cold day

Can you send directions to Deer park?

Take the Ronkonkoma Long Island Railroad train from Penn Station to Deer Park. The trains run every hour on a weekend. Vixmom will be waiting for you at the station. It's a little over an hour on the train. Bring your iPod and chill out and look at the "lovely" scenery on the train ride out. When you return it will be dark so there will be nothing to see ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2012, 12:53:45 PM »

Try this link

I'm So Sorry for Myself

Sorry, it would not let me in to that site.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »

Hmm, I don't know why. It's a big band arrangement of the song. It's nice to hear but I can't find any other performances (as JR said, there is nothing on YouTube)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2012, 01:00:15 PM »

John - did you or the other John G you know  ever hear more about your breakins?
No. Nothing was taken of any importance, so the police didn't bother with it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2012, 01:01:06 PM »

Since it wouldn't be a Grammy day without a spoof of the probable big winner (not that that's a good thing)

sadly, with a disclaimer that it was done before news of Whitney Houston's death. :(  Until last night, the big Grammy story was going to be Adele's likely sweep of the awards - and CBS charging megabucks for the commercials because of Adele-mania.

Tune of Adele's ROLLING IN THE DEEP, as if sung by the CBS ad salesmen pushing those $800,000 30-second commercial spots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGh6OqPif0M

Nice, but unfortunately I don't know any of Adele's muisc.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2012, 01:01:12 PM »

Betsy, a former news anchor/reporter/writer, has a major pet peeve:  if reporters/commentators use a singular verb with media.  She has been known to scream at the television.  ;)
Or the data says.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »

Lay night the Vixter and I went t a local high school production of Sweeney Todd  (NOT a "junior" production)

Their Sweeney was VERY good and the Judge was good - the rest of the cast was OK -  but they really gave it their all -  a very ambitious show for a public high school and I did not notice any censoring

The set was amazing!  there were two  two story  pieces that turned 360 degrees and opened up - the centrpiece of course being the pie shop/barbershop - with a working chair and slide - the bodies went down there and rolled out downstairs  by the oven

It was very impressive  especially for a public high school in a blue collar neighborhood

Do they recast the bodies after every show?  Or is that only in the New Jersey productions?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2012, 01:06:38 PM »

Thank you  for the MIL vibes -  I just heard from FIL and she is recovering nicely and may be released as early as Wednesday

LOL!  I thought you wrote that you heard from FJL, and I wondered why he was at at the hospital.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »

Since it wouldn't be a Grammy day without a spoof of the probable big winner (not that that's a good thing)

sadly, with a disclaimer that it was done before news of Whitney Houston's death. :(  Until last night, the big Grammy story was going to be Adele's likely sweep of the awards - and CBS charging megabucks for the commercials because of Adele-mania.

Tune of Adele's ROLLING IN THE DEEP, as if sung by the CBS ad salesmen pushing those $800,000 30-second commercial spots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGh6OqPif0M

LOL  FJL!!
At the risk of sounding like Dame Maggie on "Downton Abbey," what is an Adele? Nice lyric, as always, FJL. Would have been better for me to have the context.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »

Lay night the Vixter and I went t a local high school production of Sweeney Todd  (NOT a "junior" production)

Their Sweeney was VERY good and the Judge was good - the rest of the cast was OK -  but they really gave it their all -  a very ambitious show for a public high school and I did not notice any censoring

The set was amazing!  there were two  two story  pieces that turned 360 degrees and opened up - the centrpiece of course being the pie shop/barbershop - with a working chair and slide - the bodies went down there and rolled out downstairs  by the oven

It was very impressive  especially for a public high school in a blue collar neighborhood

Do they recast the bodies after every show?  Or is that only in the New Jersey productions?
LOL.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »

Bird is home.

Had a shower. Feel magically human again after feeling all that hot water pouring down on me.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2012, 01:09:26 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up