Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WACKY WEEK  (Read 16116 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE WACKY WEEK
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2009, 10:24:54 AM »

Also, Ann, just because your friends have already booked on that cruise, prsumebly with a travel agent; that does not mean you have to use the same travel agency.  Look around, make sure you are getting the best price available.

Oh yes, Page 5.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:26:58 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2009, 10:28:07 AM »

Also, Ann, just because your friends have already booked on that cruise, prsumebly with a travel agent; that does not mean you have to use the same travel agency.  Look around, make sure you are getting the best price available.

Oh yes, Page 5.

Good grief!  How many spelling errors can you make in one post?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2009, 10:29:53 AM »

Ann, are you feeling better?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2009, 10:35:18 AM »

DR Jose - I've just printed the Weather Channel 10-day forecast for NYC and it looks to me like Thursday might be the best day, weather-wise, to try for TWELFTH NIGHT.  What do you think?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »

OK, Rob and I are going to try to transfer my aerobic dancing tape to my computer - pray for Rosemary's baby!

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2009, 11:13:17 AM »

Good morning, all! I have a blood test as 10:45 and then I'm off to Toyland for some research, to drop off some books and papers, and to bring home a few items.

Tonight, I'm dining at Chez Josephine on 42nd Street with friends I've not seen in at least 5 years. I'm a bit embarrassed because I really wanted to go to Chez Napoleon and I gave them the wrong name! I'm too old to say blame it on my youth.

Is it too late to change the restaurant? the reservation? The two restaurants aren't that far from each other - Chez J is on 42nd, and Chez N is on 50th.

I'm looking forward to dining at Chez Josephine, biut I do like Chez Napoleon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DAW

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »

I'm not planning on participating

:(

DAW

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2009, 11:29:39 AM »

DR TCB - how is your in-house imprisonment proceeding so far?

François

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »

TOD -

I found it    interetsing    when, at the Liberace Museum in Vegas ...

Like DR Daw would say: that's how they spell it today?! :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 01:34:52 PM by François »

François

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2009, 12:22:30 PM »

As of 7:30am EST Fox News is reporting that Michael Jackson is still dead.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

François

« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »

Of course, I love my pancake quote that I have mentioned here a few times.

Also, one day Sandra and I were walking in a store and a young man and two young women passed us. He to said to them, "I didn't even put the fish on the shelf." We had no idea what he meant.

You should ask BK; he knows about ... fish! ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2009, 12:43:30 PM »

It's good to be home. I did accomplish a good deal but I want to cill out nbefore heading back down to 42nd Street.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François

« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2009, 12:53:19 PM »

TOD, overheard at Starbucks:

Customer: A hot coffee, please.
Cashier: Huh?

They serve ice(d) coffee in Spain!!

François

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2009, 12:56:39 PM »

TOD - Overheard near the OBCR section at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati, a teenage boy trying to impress a teenage girl with his musical theatre knowledge:  "This is The Fantasticks - can you believe it was written by TOM JONES?"  I didn't have the heart to tell him it's a different Tom Jones.  He also said the only piece of scenery is a step-ladder, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

For months, a copy of The Fantasticks in some store here was filed in the Pop Singer section.

I never had the guts to move it to the Broadway section, thinking it might sell better in the wrong one ... but it stayed there for ... months!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »

I believe Starbucks also has an iced coffee.

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »

My very own Mac genius (DS Rob) has successfully transferred my workout tape from a 1980 cassette to my iTunes library and to my iPod.

François

« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »

MESSAGE TO BK:

What about using earplugs to block off the early morning noise?

François

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »

Good morning, all! I have a blood test as 10:45 and then I'm off to Toyland for some research, to drop off some books and papers, and to bring home a few items.

Tonight, I'm dining at Chez Josephine on 42nd Street with friends I've not seen in at least 5 years. I'm a bit embarrassed because I really wanted to go to Chez Napoleon and I gave them the wrong name! I'm too old to say blame it on my youth.

Is it too late to change the restaurant? the reservation? The two restaurants aren't that far from each other - Chez J is on 42nd, and Chez N is on 50th.

And ... Joséphine .. Napoléon ... what the hay! It's the same "family" anyway! :D

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 01:38:59 PM by François »

François

« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2009, 01:13:04 PM »

DR Ann, give your HHW father-in-law a call.  He is very knowledgeable when it comes to cruise lines.

Yes, he knows a lot about the stewards!! :o ;)

François

« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2009, 01:15:18 PM »

It's a cleaning day here in Chelsea. We are washing the bedspread, the mattress topper, the curtains, the shears and the bathmat.

Well!  Sounds like a wild time was had in someone's bedroom last night!

I thought about posting something similar but ... did not want to sound too ... French!
I am "glad" DR TCB has done it for me! ;D

François

« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »

So, we were all awakened by this loud sawing.  And there has been total silence since then.  Which begs the question - what was so bloody important and time-pressing that they couldn't wait until ten?  We don't hear hammering, we don't hear yammering, no, we just hear an electric saw at eight-thirty in the morning and then NOTHING.

Simple: The workers start their shift before you wake up. They want to get their work done in a timely manner, and on their schedule. And once that "loud" work is done - sawing, hammering, etc. - then they're done.  Then maybe they move onto sanding, painting, checking for proper fit - quiet work.

And if they had started at 10:00 wouldn't that then have interfered with some music-listening or movie-watching?

I don't envy your current position - nor the similar one that DRs JMK, DerBrucer and SWW are in - but I'm sure you know full well that there's nothing you can do about.  Well, you can complain - which you have been. But that's not going to make it go away.

Next time, just go ahead and run out of your house, go over there and give them what for!  -Now that would be something I'd like to read about! ;)

I think BK should join in the hammering and sawing and get the rage out of his system ...  :D

François

« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »

I forgot that DR TCB was quite the cruise guru.  I see you are onine, dear cyber-father-in-law.  What say you?

CRUISE GURU

That's the title to the TCB bio I am writing!

The man sure knows how to ... cruise ... they say! :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2009, 01:32:01 PM »

DR TCB - how is your in-house imprisonment proceeding so far?

DAW - Actually the sightseeing is not that great today.  But Nicky is enjoying being out on the balcony.
“One thing’s universal,

François

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2009, 01:36:17 PM »

I believe Starbucks also has an iced coffee.

Starbucks has everything BUT it's not that good (At least here) and way TOO expensive!
I don't go! Nope!

Michael

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »

Greetings from Toyland! The AC is running and it's quite refreshing and cool. I've got some writing to do before I catch the bus uptown.

I've been sending emails to my frien  Kim Kowalke and they keep bouncing back to me; I understand that the Musicals in Mufti KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY is being recorded with 2 pianos, and I think that's terrible. Here's a chance for a real recording of the score and an orchestra should be used. The new Kurt Weill Edition to my knowledge hasn't even added KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY to its priority list of editions, I don't believe, and if they're waiting to record the completed with a band, I could be long dead: the KWE was announced arond 1993, and we've been waiting for over 12 years for the editions of LADY IN THE DARK and ONE TOUCH OF VENUS!

Isn't Maria Friedman and the London Cast a complete recording?
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2009, 01:41:27 PM »

Hello, Dear François. It's good to see your name here.

On July 31st there will be a special Friday Night is Music Night with Russell Davies and Lorna Luft. They will be saluting the 70th Anniversary of Wizard of Oz and also spending time on Judy's career.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »

BK will have his noise revenge, never fear.  But it wasn't the workers today, it was some jerk a couple of houses away - he used his noisy saw, woke everyone up, and hasn't been heard from since.  IF I find out exactly who it was, I will definitely go have a conversation.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »

Back from the long jog - really difficult today, mostly because it's really hot.

Ben

« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »

Our housecleaning is finished. We have a clean and fluffy bedspread, a clean and fluffy mattress topper, a clean set of curtains and shears and the cover for the couch is sparkling navy blue. It was a long day at the laundromat but it was worth it.

It's a beautiful day but I'm in the house. I'm listening to Celctic Heartbeat on Radio Wales. I will listen to Showtime with Beverley Humphreys after that. Perhaps she will play my review of the Tonys, although she has not said anything about receiving the CD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2009, 01:44:38 PM »

I shall now address packages.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up