Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS  (Read 21499 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »

And Michael Shayne's problems are exactly the reason why I never have and never will transfer all my CDs to my computer hard drive and then pack the CDs away. It's not that I can't figure out the technical stuff, it's the idea that if something crashes I have to restore it and it has to be backed up on at least one other drive somewhere and I have too many freakin' CDs to take the time to transfer them all to my computer. A friend keeps saying, get an ipod, it will change your life. No, I don't think so. I like my life the way it is. I'm all for technological advances, I just don't want to take part in every single one of them.

My sentiments exactly! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2008, 12:59:58 PM »

DR MS - that was a very funny article about Mr Piven, the big Broadway star.

What's really interesting is that in the New York Times "Arts Blog" early version of the story, they actually used a strike-through to "correct" the article.  Very interesting.

What did they correct?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »

Vibes DR DerBrucer son-in-law makes it home safely today.! 

Thank - he just pulled into his drive on the Maryland Eastern shore (Chestertown area).

He lost a great deal of time thanks to the Virgina state police who profiled him as a drug-runner! They first pulled him over because he had tinted windows and then asked for permission to search the truck and the trailer (an 8x12 foot enclosed beast - fully loaded with household goods). He rufused, so they sent him on his way. A short time later, they pullled him over again - and this time they had a dog which they claim "alerted" so they unloaded all his stuff by the side of the road.

I haven't heard the rest of the story - but he was not cited for anything. That the truck and trailer had temporary tags probably didn't help.

He is really pissed - having survived all the weather problems to then have his journey derailed just a few hour from home.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2008, 01:03:43 PM »

That could be the place Sing means.

I think that's it, DR Ben!!  :)   And I understand that the wait staff would do most anything, for an appropriate tip...

Is that how choir masters pick up spare cash?

der Brucer

Tomovoz

« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2008, 01:07:35 PM »

And Michael Shayne's problems are exactly the reason why I never have and never will transfer all my CDs to my computer hard drive and then pack the CDs away. It's not that I can't figure out the technical stuff, it's the idea that if something crashes I have to restore it and it has to be backed up on at least one other drive somewhere and I have too many freakin' CDs to take the time to transfer them all to my computer. A friend keeps saying, get an ipod, it will change your life. No, I don't think so. I like my life the way it is. I'm all for technological advances, I just don't want to take part in every single one of them.

Someone else lives on my world!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2008, 01:10:28 PM »

The shopping trip went exactly as expected, and I also got some personal items for myself, too, so it was a very productive trip. Glad to have that behind me, however. Shopping in the midst of holiday time is not my favorite thing to do, but finding something for this one person on my list is always so difficult.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2008, 01:12:50 PM »

I fixed myself a small salad and a small baked potato for my snack while I watched last night's CSI: NY. Once all the evidence was in plain sight, solving the murder was very easy.

However, Mac now has a stalker and is too stupid to see how this girl is manipulating him. Argh! These folks are so smart about their jobs and so slow in what pertains to their personal lives. Gad!

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »

I then finished the rest of THE TUDORS episode I had started last night, and then I watched two more episodes. I have two left.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »

At this point, Anne has lost her last possible hope for holding Henry's affections via a male child, and Henry has set his sight on Jane Seymour. All that's left is digging up a case against Anne and off with the heads of her "suitors," her brother, and Anne herself.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »

I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Luke was on with Jada, but I couldn't have been less interested. He wasn't in the previews for tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2008, 01:16:47 PM »

In the mail today was the Blu-ray review copy of THE LAST EMPEROR. Looks like I won't get to it until Saturday.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2008, 01:18:16 PM »

Delighted that both Kyra Sedgwick and the ensemble cast of THE CLOSER were nominated for the SAG Award this morning. I suspect MAD MEN will win it, but I'm delighted they were recognized by their peers. Well deserved!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2008, 01:29:45 PM »

A Blu-Ray disck question:

The Black Night (Disk one) loads, displays the WB logo, Displats the PG-13 Rating - goes into laso mode agin, screen goes blank and then a animated icon od a spinng CD with a red radius line appears - FOREVER.

I assume the disk is faulty - am I missing anything?

der Brucer

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »

DR TOMovOZ - thanks for the quote last night from 4J/1J.....LOL.....
So at least one person reads your posts Jack.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »

Despite the confusion, I would like to have an IPod for when I go to the gym, so that I don't have to listen to the grunge rock they sometimes play (occasionally some "fitness expert" will tune into the disco station, but not often).

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2008, 01:40:39 PM »

Vibes DR DerBrucer son-in-law makes it home safely today.! 

Thank - he just pulled into his drive on the Maryland Eastern shore (Chestertown area).

He lost a great deal of time thanks to the Virgina state police who profiled him as a drug-runner! They first pulled him over because he had tinted windows and then asked for permission to search the truck and the trailer (an 8x12 foot enclosed beast - fully loaded with household goods). He rufused, so they sent him on his way. A short time later, they pullled him over again - and this time they had a dog which they claim "alerted" so they unloaded all his stuff by the side of the road.

I haven't heard the rest of the story - but he was not cited for anything. That the truck and trailer had temporary tags probably didn't help.

He is really pissed - having survived all the weather problems to then have his journey derailed just a few hour from home.

der Brucer

Poor guy!  I'm glad he is safely home.

Tomovoz

« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »

I have an appointment with my Dentist today (thanks to a cancellation and my need!).
My dentist is Anna (But not formally known as Panni or Maria).
James Thurber 1957

Kerry

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2008, 01:44:34 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR PENNY!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR DAN THE MAN!
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2008, 01:59:12 PM »

The Black Night (Disk one) loads, displays the WB logo, Displats the PG-13 Rating - goes into laso mode agin, screen goes blank and then a animated icon od a spinng CD with a red radius line appears - FOREVER.

der Brucer

That spinning disc means the player is loading BD-Java content. It shouldn't spin forever, however. Which Blu-ray player do you have? Is your BD player connected to the internet (loading BD-Live content takes even longer)?

And I'm assuming you mean THE DARK KNIGHT.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2008, 02:00:40 PM »

I'm going to write for a little while and then head down to get ready for the dinner party I'm attending.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2008, 02:05:49 PM »

I'm off to try to build a gingerbread house now.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2008, 02:17:21 PM »

der Brucer

That spinning disc means the player is loading BD-Java content. It shouldn't spin forever, however. Which Blu-ray player do you have? Is your BD player connected to the internet (loading BD-Live content takes even longer)?

My hunch is you need a firmware upgrade.   If your BD player is not connected internet, go to the manufacturer's site and look for downloads.  Burn an ISO image of the firmware upgrade to a CD-R and then insert it in your player and it will upgrade automatically.  My new Sony, which was manufactured in November 2008 was already out of date, firmware wise, and wouldn't play newer discs until I upgraded.

I have noticed a weird anomaly on this Sony, and only on newer BDs (like stuff that has just streeted)--it goes through the load process twice, i.e., I get the Sony load bar, then the disc load icon, and then the whole megillah starts over again.  Older discs load immediately.  I must say this is one thing I much preferred about HD-DVDs--they simply started right up without a wait.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2008, 02:28:43 PM »

Yes, DARK NIGHT.

The player is a Memorex  the users's guide lists no model number from the front of the machine says DN191H (The box says Memorex but the unit has an LG logo). It is not connected to the internet. Other BD s have loaded ok - slow, but loaded. Disk 2 for BLACK NIGHT works.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:54:00 PM by DERBRUCER »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »

Back from some errands and lunch at the Hamburger Hamlet.  I tried their Buffalo drumettes - very good but way too big and way too fried - I ate six and I'm done for the day, save for some fruit cocktail later.  Thank goodness I did the long jog.

George

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »

It's snowing again.

George

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2008, 03:00:06 PM »

I just got a call from Josh, the director/music director of Reefer Madness! The Musical! and tonight's performance has been cancelled per South Puget Sound Community College's policy on inclement weather. :P

George

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2008, 03:00:19 PM »

I don't think that there's time to add another performance to make up for this one, like we did when the power went out a couple of years ago, but that happened during the first weekend and there was time to get the word out for the extra performance on the next weekend. :-\

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2008, 03:03:58 PM »

ACCORDING DAVID MAMET JEREMY PIVEN IS LEAVING ACTING TO BECOME A THERMOMETER!!!

Jeremy Piven is abruptly leaving the revival of Speed the Plow because he has a "high mercury count" in him. David Mament had this to say and more about Piven's depature

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117997561.html?categoryid=15&cs=1

Actually, I have often imagined using Jeremy Piven as a thermometer.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2008, 03:04:50 PM »

ACCORDING DAVID MAMET JEREMY PIVEN IS LEAVING ACTING TO BECOME A THERMOMETER!!!

Jeremy Piven is abruptly leaving the revival of Speed the Plow because he has a "high mercury count" in him. David Mament had this to say and more about Piven's depature

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117997561.html?categoryid=15&cs=1

Actually, I have often imagined using Jeremy Piven as a thermometer.

You're not the only one. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up