Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SLOW DOWN  (Read 17659 times)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
Re:SLOW DOWN
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2005, 03:26:33 PM »

I came home from my first work day after Vickie's first weekend in my house, and Vickie approached me as friendly cats will, rubbing up against my leg.  I sat  in my favorite chair, and she hopped onto my lap.  I petted and cooed over her for a couple of minutes.  Dickens walked into the room and glared at us.  I got up and went to my bedroom to change clothes, went back to the living room and watched Dickens hop out of my chair and up onto the window sill.  I sat down...and within seconds, I felt a wet warmth spread through the seat of my pants.  And it wasn't ME.  

I too had a wet and warm experience similar to yours as a youngster.  My cat Blackberry enjoyed sharing my pillow with me at night when I slept.  One evening our new cat Boots decided she would enjoy that spot instead.  I awoke the next morning to a warm wet sensation down my neck and back courtesy of Blackberry.  Lesson learned, we went back to our prior seating arrangement.

And foolishly, I have remained a "cat person."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2005, 03:30:02 PM »

Thank you Ben, Iris, Tomovoz, and anyone else I might have missed, for all the opening night good wishes.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2005, 03:45:41 PM »

Good Evening!

Whew!

My eyes and my mind are literally spinning... We got a bunch of "last minute" changes this afternoon that affected some of the music sequences, so...  I've been Finale-ing, and cutting and pasting up a storm the past few hours.  -And I think I'm currently missing the dinner with the conductor, the contractor and the musicians...  Hmm...

...And since I'm leaving tomorrow morning, I won't have to worry about any more last minute changes tomorrow...  As we keep saying around here:

"It's only a workshop."
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2005, 03:47:21 PM »

As for my bank stuff - Once I'm back in Richmond Monday morning, I'll know exactly where things are.  There are some forms I need to sign in person in order to officially close the "old" account and "open" the new one.  However... After some more phone calls and various e-mails, it looks like the closing of my accounts was purely pre-emptive - no unauthorized transactions at all.

Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2005, 03:54:19 PM »

:)

As a sign of just how much activity is going on here at Vassar right now - there are five performance spaces, and each one of them is currently occupied...

One of the Assistant Stage Managers just walked into the production office and asked...

"Which theatre is my show in tonight?"

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2005, 03:59:40 PM »

MattH - I may be mis-remembering, but I think I wrote about Narrow Margin when I got the region 2 DVD of it - but I'll probably do another bit after I've watched this transfer - I love the film

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2005, 04:21:20 PM »

I too had a wet and warm experience similar to yours as a youngster.  My cat Blackberry enjoyed sharing my pillow with me at night when I slept.  One evening our new cat Boots decided she would enjoy that spot instead.  I awoke the next morning to a warm wet sensation down my neck and back courtesy of Blackberry.  Lesson learned, we went back to our prior seating arrangement.

But of course....we've both been "christened" and I suspect the Egyptian Queen of Cats will ensure cats keep coming our way!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2005, 04:30:10 PM »

Welcome, new Dear Reader TPunk. Do you like Cherry Coke?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2005, 04:35:17 PM »

Hey, Tommy!

Go Fly A Kite!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2005, 04:54:42 PM »

For all you Rupert Holmes fans, CBS Sunday Morning is doing a segment on him this Sunday.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2005, 04:58:01 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the Bowl of Hollywood, after first stopping to pick up food at Gelson's.  I shall have a full report upon my returning.

Tomovoz

« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2005, 05:07:20 PM »

Hey, Tommy!

Go Fly A Kite!
A happy holiday with Merry! Marry? Mary!
A bit wet for such "outdoor activity" today Ron.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2005, 05:31:12 PM »

I have finally caught up with all the posts!  It's been a busy day of ordering library books for me.  Anyway:

Much Leg Breaking for DR TCB!!

(I'm sorry that I forgot to do this earlier. :-\)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2005, 05:40:10 PM »

Broken legs to TCB!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #164 on: July 08, 2005, 05:40:15 PM »

I think I forgot to insist on broken legs also, TCB! Let us know how it goes!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #165 on: July 08, 2005, 05:48:13 PM »

elmore  :D

Rodzinski  ;D

Jane

« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2005, 05:52:46 PM »

Thanks Ron. Killbot is actually a girl, if that helps.

It might.  Another tip, if possible, give them each a bath so their have similar scents.

Jane

« Reply #167 on: July 08, 2005, 05:57:14 PM »

Try living with four cats with urinary problems.  We had to replace most of the furniture in our house before we got the situation under contro-only took about 10 years to do that.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2005, 05:58:34 PM »

Thank you Ben, Iris, Tomovoz, and anyone else I might have missed, for all the opening night good wishes.

I wasn't missed because I'm late in sending you my good wishes. :-[

JRand, same goes for you.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2005, 06:08:04 PM »

Ron, not bad prices to fly the cat.  I fear the costs have gone up since then.  Did you put your cats in cargo?  I'm hoping Craig can carry his cat on the plane.  He will also have more than one country to travel through.  

People keep telling me the pets have to go into quarantine now.  I’m confused if that is a definite.  From what I tell that is only if they don't pass the medical exam.  Quarantine would also be in the city he arrives in, not his final destination.

Jed

« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2005, 06:17:02 PM »

Ann and I shall be in the audience for 42nd Street this evening, thanks to my wonderful cyber-father's comp tickets.  We shall, of course, report back with brutal honesty. :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2005, 06:46:51 PM »

I'm not too sure I could separate these two:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2005, 07:07:43 PM »

I've had a lousy day, so just don't bother me.

:P

I'll try to catch up later.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2005, 07:09:45 PM »

Jed, Ann and TCB have fun tonight.

Ben

« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2005, 07:43:11 PM »

Before I begin I must apologize to the Broadhurst Theatre. Suzanne Somers and The Blonde in the Thunderbird is not playing at that esteemed theatre. Lennon (the musical) is at the Broadhurst. The Blonde in the Thunderbird is playing at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre. Mr. Atkinson is spinning, spinning, spinning and will be for quite some time.

Part of me wants to be bitchy and nasty and part of me just sits here with my jaw still on the floor. There is no other show on Broadway like The Blonde in the Thunderbird. It is Moose Murders. It is Dance of the Vampires. Oh, Jason, you have to see this one.

Miss Somers rendition of "If I Only Had a Brain" is almost indescribable.

The scene where she portrayed the the birth of her son with a chenille throw over her legs is burned into my brain.

I don't know what to say. It is the kind of show you only see once or twice in your life. Those of us who saw it will surely remember for a long, long time.

The sad thing is, and I'm being serious now, even though I went with absolutely no expectations, I did (and I think I still do) have respect for Miss Somers because she has overcome many obstacles in her life. I, too, am the child of an alcoholic and I could relate to many of the things of which she spoke. I have made the same kind of life discoveries she made. She has triumphed over difficult problems and come up successful, but this show is SO BAD that I can't believe that someone, anyone in her entourage doesn't know it.

Enough of this. It's 10:46 and I'm going to retire. I must do laundry tomorrow before my jolly time with ElRodmooreZinski3003.

Goodnight all.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2005, 07:43:52 PM »

DRLaura & Sandra-oh so cute.

SWW-hope tomorrow is a better day.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2005, 08:10:25 PM »

Must...see...The Blonde in the Thunderbird!!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2005, 08:11:18 PM »

MONK was delightful tonight. I am so glad to have it back for its fourth season. Seasons 2 and 3 are winging their way to me as I type.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2005, 08:19:26 PM »

MONK was delightful tonight. I am so glad to have it back for its fourth season. Seasons 2 and 3 are winging their way to me as I type.

Flying Monk(ey)s, eh?

Oh....Matt H....I don't think you're in Kansas!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 08:19:57 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2005, 08:22:37 PM »

I would NEVER have thought that Joel Shumacher (a director I've never been crazy about) had a movie in him like THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. The direction was much better than I was expecting. Oh, sure, all that flashy editing totally ruined the grandeur of "Masquerade," and he didn't get much out of the performers. He certainly allowed about the worst lip synching I've ever seen in a musical, especially from the two partners.

And I didn't find a single spark of magic or chemistry between Christine and Raoul. No wonder the Phantom was SO upset - his lovely Christine attracted to the blandest aristocrat in Paris! They all sang OK (Butler's voice was very erratic but surprisingly powerful when one least expected it), but I still felt there was just something missing. It all seemed very over-processed and overdone, but then, so was the stage version..

Lloyd Webber had to have been thrilled as the film certainly featured his music LONG and LOUD and as in your face as it could be, and the production values made it look far more expensive than the $75 million it was touted to have cost.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up