Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES  (Read 11589 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES
« on: January 12, 2012, 12:20:59 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes rid themselves of the Sword of Damocles, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently reading up on Damocles and his damn sword.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 12:21:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: EXPOSTULATE!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:07:52 AM »

Good morning, all! New York appears to be under a torrential rainfall, and the sound of the heavy rain awoke me around 6am. I was dreaming about the cast of "Christmas Up the Holler," but we all seemed to be working in a bookstore at Christmas: I was trying to transfer a phone call from Favid Lutken to the order dept. and our stage manager Meg was using the photocopier. It was msot peculiar.

Today is another Encores! day, so I'll see what Joshie has ready for me to peruse: I think one of the numbers is the Act Two reprise of "Not A Day Goes By," and I may be working on the various transition sections of the title song. We'll see.

More coffee!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 04:45:09 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 04:45:23 AM »

Late rising for me and then I got to the office to find an e-mail sent at 11:35 last night asking me to review some things for my boss in time for her meeting at 9am. I just finished that so I'm on to other things.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 05:06:20 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 05:07:08 AM »

Cedar allergens in the air are so heavy that I can barely open my eyes this morning.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 05:18:46 AM »

Funny Liza Minnelli spoof via Christine Pedi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdrjRBB8TA4
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 05:38:18 AM »

Oatmeal with apples and brown sugar.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 05:40:57 AM »

Bowlfull of Cheerios with a banana.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 05:46:02 AM »

*  *  *  *  *  HEALTH VIBES FOR ZACH SHORT, SON OF DR ELMORE'S FRIEND  *  *  *  *  *
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:55:14 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 05:59:22 AM »

I sometimes dream about being a writer but last night was not what I have in mind.

I had a dream that I was a writer on some kind of internet salon-type website and I received my latest assignment by Yahoo Messenger:  I was to write an article about a mayor of Cheyenne, WI, during the days of the Wild West.  I became very depressed because I not only had no interest in the Wild West and its politicians but also because I knew I would have to spend the day at a library that was off in the boondocks somewhere.

Why can't I have dreams where I'm to do a pool-side interview with Cheyenne Jackson instead?
-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 06:02:57 AM »

And the word of the day is: EXPOSTULATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  WHY CAN'T YOU BEHAVE?

Kerry

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 06:09:10 AM »

Sourdough toast with peanut butter and a glass of orange juice.
I like boat races.

John G.

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 06:49:39 AM »

An apple.
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 06:51:52 AM »

BK

I Have A Question For You. Since You Are Doing A Round-Up Of Recordings That You Have Accomplished.

If You Had To Do A CD Of The Twelve Best Tracks Of Your Recording History
What Would They Be???????

FJL

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 06:54:18 AM »

Vibes for Larry's friends

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 07:00:51 AM »

Vibes for DR Elmore's friend Zach! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 07:01:25 AM »

DR Jane sorry to hear about your shoulder.  You must love your nook for that reason!

I can't believe how much i am loving my kindle!

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 07:02:23 AM »

There is supposed to be a major snow storm here this afternoon. :(

10-15 cms today and 10 cms tomorrow. :(

I was supposed to go pick up my nieces today. Will have to see how the weather is. I don't like driving in 10 cms of snow. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 07:03:45 AM »

Watching LAW & ORDER: SVU last night reminded me of this.

Does anybody remember this show and it's title?

Back in the late 1960s or early 70s, there was a very popular audience-interactive show done in Los Angeles, and (I believe) in other parts of the country.

In Los Angeles, it did not take place in a theater, but in some large Masonic-like hall with lots of rooms, located on Highland Avenue, a block or two south of the Bowl. 

Obviously, my memory is very fuzzy on this, but I think the title of the show was a woman's name and it was set in Italy sometime before WW2.

There were no seats.  The audience would come in, stand and watch an opening scene(s) being played, then they would break into groups and follow one of the characters (of their choosing), who who then play scenes with other characters.  Again, the audience would choose a character, then follow him/her.  This would go on for a couple of hours.

A person could come back to the show again and again, each time following a different character and see the play from a totally new perspective each time.

So, anybody remember this play and what it was called?

You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »

Back in the late 1960s or early 70s, there was a very popular audience-interactive show done in Los Angeles, and (I believe) in other parts of the country.

In Los Angeles, it did not take place in a theater, but in some large Masonic-like hall with lots of rooms, located on Highland Avenue, a block or two south of the Bowl. 

Obviously, my memory is very fuzzy on this, but I think the title of the show was a woman's name and it was set in Italy sometime before WW2.

There were no seats.  The audience would come in, stand and watch an opening scene(s) being played, then they would break into groups and follow one of the characters (of their choosing), who who then play scenes with other characters.  Again, the audience would choose a character, then follow him/her.  This would go on for a couple of hours.

A person could come back to the show again and again, each time following a different character and see the play from a totally new perspective each time.

Was that "Tamara"?
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 07:22:01 AM »

Was that "Tamara"?

Yes, that's it.

It was at the American Legion Hall in Los Angeles.

I thought it was done in the 60s or  70s, but it was in the 1980s.

Boy, is my memory going.

:-\

Thanks.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ben

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 07:29:52 AM »

I'm listening to a great program about the BBC British presenter

David Jacobs

This is Part 1. It will be available for a week and then Part 2 will be broadcast.

Doug R

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 07:36:18 AM »

DR Jane: I've been reading your interesting posts about your cruise. I've often thought about doing a cruise but I very easily get seasick so I don't think I can risk it.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 07:40:41 AM »

DR Jane sorry to hear about your shoulder.  You must love your nook for that reason!

I can't believe how much i am loving my kindle!

That reminds me--I discovered something about borrowing e-books from libraries.  Like a regular library, you can borrow books only for a few weeks at a time and at the end of that period, the book is automatically made inaccessible on your Kindle (this probably goes for Nooks, too.)  But I found that as long as you you do not allow your Kindle to connect to the internet, you can keep the borrowed book beyond the expiration date.  Back in October, I put THE NIGHT CIRCUS on hold and it did not become available to me until the second week in December.  I downloaded it, but because I'm still slogging though the Joe Papp biography, I've had no chance to even begin reading it.  However, since the time I imported the book, I've never turned on my Whysperlync (My Kindle is 1st generation.)  I've received the e-mail message telling me that the lending period has expired, but THE NIGHT CIRCUS is still in my contents and is readable.  Eventually, I will get to it (as soon as Joe Papp shuffles off his mortal coil, that is...)
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 07:43:54 AM »

Wow--TAMARA was a predecessor of TONY 'N' TINA's WEDDING and other shows of that ilk.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 07:59:19 AM »

Thanks, George, for your comment last night!

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 07:59:28 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  SW Ohio is expecting some snow this afternoon/evening and you'd think the end of the world was coming.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 07:59:28 AM »

Vibes for Zach son of the friends of DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up