Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: BILLY BARNES  (Read 36522 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: BILLY BARNES
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »

Tonight is the TRIAL SCENE rehearsal for THE CRUCIBLE.....intense....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »

Yesterday DR Jane wrote re: the Hunger Games dvd
As for the actors matching the characters.  I think you can only warm up to them if they give you a good performance.  There are a few matches over the years I will never stop complaining about. 

I think the actors in the Hunger Games movie are good. But it was hard at first for me to get used to the actor who played Peeta (he is quite short). He wasn't how i pictured the character. So even though he is a good actor it took me a while to warm up to him.

In the book he is much shorter than she is?  I looked up the actors and she is 5'9" while he is 5'7"

I don't think that he is shorter than her in the book. But I don't think it's mentioned. But I just feel like the actor playing the part should be taller. I would have had him in running shoes that had a platform to make him appear taller.

I read that wrong.  I thought the book character was short, not the actor.  I also think platform shoes might have distracting.   Interesting though, not having read the book I never thought twice about his height.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »

Ask BK
TOD

TWIZZLERS(Strawberry) Vs RED VINES -Which To You Like Better-And Reason?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »

As for the actors matching the characters.  I think you can only warm up to them if they give you a good performance.  There are a few matches over the years I will never stop complaining about. 

I think the actors in the Hunger Games movie are good. But it was hard at first for me to get used to the actor who played Peeta (he is quite short). He wasn't how i pictured the character. So even though he is a good actor it took me a while to warm up to him.

In the book he is much shorter than she is?  I looked up the actors and she is 5'9" while he is 5'7"

I don't think that he is shorter than her in the book. But I don't think it's mentioned. But I just feel like the actor playing the part should be taller. I would have had him in running shoes that had a platform to make him appear taller.

I read that wrong.  I thought the book character was short, not the actor.  I also think platform shoes might have distracting.   Interesting though, not having read the book I never thought twice about his height.

They should have gotten the female co-star to walk along in a trench, like they used to do with Alan Ladd's co-stars.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2012, 12:56:08 PM »

They should have gotten the female co-star to walk along in a trench, like they used to do with Alan Ladd's co-stars.

;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2012, 01:04:22 PM »

Don't they still do that with Tom Cruise's co-stars? Not that I see any of his movies.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »

Don't they still do that with Tom Cruise's co-stars? Not that I see any of his movies.

I wouldn't know that either, John!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »

Listening to "Billy Barnes' L.A." today. His Aimee Semple spoof makes "Scandalous" unnecessary.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2012, 02:30:24 PM »

Coming back from drinks with friends in London's Docklands I passed by a large film crew. It was Ridley Scott's "The Counselor" which is shooting in London with Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »

You "only" saw the crew, not the stars?

Jane

« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2012, 02:56:01 PM »

I wouldn't know that either, John!

This article supposedly explains how it is done
http://www.popeater.com/2010/09/30/cameron-diaz-tom-cruise-height/

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2012, 03:16:20 PM »

Wednesday evening greetings from HOME!  My sister and I had a nice brunch in Fort Wayne today and then went our separate ways.  She went back to the library for some more genealogy and I went back to Jefferson Pointe for some more shopping.  I got home about 4pm after a rainy drive down US 27 on the east side of Indiana.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2012, 03:29:43 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about Billy Barnes and Andy Williams...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »

We're still having some connectivity issues here, so i probably won't be on too much until our tech consultant (DS Rob) makes a house call tomorrow...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »

Good Afternoon!

When I ventured out earlier, I had intended to check out a friend-of-a-friend's new chocolate shop/boutique. Well...

To fuel up for my trip, I first made a stop into the third floor of Macy's at Union Square to check out Yigit Pura's new pâtisserie, Tout Sweet. Alas, Yigit was not in, but I did try some of his creations... YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2012, 03:42:19 PM »

And then it was off to check out the chocolate shop...

I hopped on the 9L... As did about 20 other people... And at the next stop another 20 people tried to get on... So, at the next stop, I got off and decided to walk it. Well...

On paper - well, on my iPhone, it was just a 2-mile walk - quite normal for me by NYC-standards. However, I guess I should have enable the new 3-D mode. For a while there, each turn I took, took me up yet another hill(!). Needless to say, I got a good workout.

...And the chocolate shop was nice. Alas, the adjacent Chocolate Lab, won't be open until October.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I think today will be a "sugar day".

Isn't every day?

Nope.

Sometimes I have a "sugar and pork fat and butter" day.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »

And, DR Jose, I do hope you got your debit/credit card hotel double charge taken care of.

DR MBarnum - Chase Bank really stepped up to the plate again, and helped to get things straightened out. Because of my "skimming" incident while I was in Palo Alto, my account has been under a higher alert status just in case someone is still out there trying to use my old card info. Consequently, any errors and such tend to get scrutinized a bit more. Which, in the end, is a good thing - even though it may slow down some other procedures. But... All is well. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »

You "only" saw the crew, not the stars?

Afraid so. The main shooting area was hidden from view, behind some hoardings. I saw lots of police cars and actors wearing Interpol outfits.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2012, 03:48:12 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »

And...

It is my duty to once again report that the coffee that my hotel serves as part of their of complimentary continental breakfast is pretty damn good java!

What brand?  Is it Jeremiah's Pick by any chance?  Or Peet's?

I'm not sure. They're using standard food service percolators/dispensers. I'll have to ask about the brand tomorrow morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2012, 03:52:09 PM »

From DR Jose:
And while I was driving by the S.F.F.D. station, I noticed that some of the firemen were polishing up their truck. And so did Monkey! In fact, Monkey wanted to lead a helping paw...

The thought of Monkey asking to take his photo with the fireman makes me chuckle.  I would love to see some of these conversations you and Monkey have with strangers.

I'm enjoying all the photos.

I will say that even though Monkey is not capable of the gift of gab - Monkey has no mouth! - Monkey does seem to put others at ease when I approach them. ;)

-And Thank You.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »

I spent the day fighting inertia and depression by working on the apartment, moving some of the furniture around and I'll finish it this weekend.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »

And now...

I'm off to have dinner with yet another DR...

:)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

KevinH

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2012, 04:54:58 PM »

Hello Baby Grace!

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »

I can't believe the number of political commercials on TV!  I know I've mentioned this before, but it's amazing--there's one after another, if not for the Presidential race, then for the Senate race. 

I guess it's because Virginia is a swing state, but the channels are based in Washington, DC and the people in DC and Maryland are held hostage!  (Just like when there's a hot contest in Maryland and I have to put up with their ads).

Jane

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »

it was just a 2-mile walk - quite normal for me by NYC-standards.

At this point I started laughing out loud.  I knew what was coming.

NY is soooo easy to walk long distances.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »

From DR Jose:
And while I was driving by the S.F.F.D. station, I noticed that some of the firemen were polishing up their truck. And so did Monkey! In fact, Monkey wanted to lead a helping paw...

The thought of Monkey asking to take his photo with the fireman makes me chuckle.  I would love to see some of these conversations you and Monkey have with strangers.

I'm enjoying all the photos.

I will say that even though Monkey is not capable of the gift of gab - Monkey has no mouth! - Monkey does seem to put others at ease when I approach them. ;)

;D

Jane

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »

I spent the day fighting inertia and depression by working on the apartment, moving some of the furniture around and I'll finish it this weekend.

I hope you are happy with the results and feel better when it is done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up