Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BOND, JAMES BOND  (Read 41775 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BOND, JAMES BOND
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »

Sorry to hear about your fall, DR elmore.

Yes, but at least it was up the stairs & not down the stairs.  Vibes your knee is ok!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »

The production I saw of Anything Goes last night was lovely.  Nicely sung, acted, played, etc.  Lots of friends involved.  I decided that I need to see more local theatre.  Not only to get out, but to be "seen" at the theatre by other theatre people, greet them afterward, tell them how great they are to to come audition for my next show :)   I think it's a good thing to see theatre when you actually "do" theatre.  Gonna try and make more of an effort.

This morning, I cleaned up the back yard a bit, built some barricades from an old book shelf (Very Les Mis )- for the dogs, of course.  They bark at the dogs next door, etc, so hopefully this will help a little.  This afternoon I have a wedding to play and I need to get crackin' on some music writing.  An old friend of mine approached me to set some lyrics to music for a musical he is working on.  I'm afraid I'll come out sounding like ALW.  Oh well, it worked for him....
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:56:27 AM by Matthew »

Jane

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 10:48:58 AM »

Thanks for the vibes and prayers for Sharon.  I hadn't heard any news so I made a couple phone calls today.  One was to the husband of one of her good friends.  They are backyard neighbors, anyway I have known the husband through work for years so I was more comfortable calling him.    He told me that his wife got a call yesterday that said they were taking her off life support.  He wasn't sure if that was good or bad.  I'm guessing the latter, but you never know, maybe she'll rally.  She's pretty strong willed, it could happen. 

The last time I heard they were removing someone from life support was my neighbor who was attacked.  She started breathing on her own.  I haven't heard an update on her for a long time, but she is recovering. 

Yes, it could happen.

CONTINUED MEGA VIBES FOR SHARON!!! 

Jane

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 10:50:56 AM »

DR Chas I look forward to the continuation of your trip down memory lane.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »

More vibes for Sharon.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »

I'm back from a two-mile jog, an omelet and a bagel, picking up a couple of packages and no annoying mail, and am now awaiting the arrival of our cast.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 01:17:43 PM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday to former dear reader JMK.

Happy Birthday, JMK!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 01:20:39 PM »

Good morning, all.

Coffee!

I must needs get ready to drive over to the Lafayette in Suffern, NY (not to be confused with Suffern, Succotash) for a 35mm showing of THE LIFE AND DEATH OF COLONEL BLIMP which I somehow have manged to never see.

I have never heard of it.
“One thing’s universal,

Doug R

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »

What the fat hell is the problem with Photobucket? Besides me? 

Websites have to keep making "improvements" which invariably make things worse. It used to be easy to resize pictures in Photobucket but they've now made it ultra-complicated.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »

I have returned from errands. I fell up the steps at the subway, tore a hole in my left knee and skinned my other leg. I got to the post office to learn that they no longer keep customs form in the open so I had to get in line for thedamend form and then get back in line to post the samend package. I continue to wish the post office an utter ruin ASAP.  Their dumbass employees deserve it.

After all that tsuris, the pharmacy was a breeze and I am all meds-ed up. I did forget to purchase a"neti pot" so I have to deal with that this weekend.

I hope you are okay, elmore.  I don't believe a neti pot will help your skinned knee.
“One thing’s universal,

Doug R

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »

Interesting notes by bk about James Bond. I saw Dr No when it was first released and loved it but it was Goldfinger which brought everything together and which remains my favorite. I never had a problem with George Lazenbury and OHMSS was one of the very best Bond films. I can't stand the reboot films with Daniel Craig - they are just routine action films using the name of the character. I always thought that for a reboot they should have gone back to the source material and set the films in the '50s at the height of the cold war, which was the most sensible era to have a spy film.

Doug R

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »

Happy Birthday DR JMK - and please come back.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »

I put my bag of garbage out in the hall yesterday, hoping the assistant manager would notice it and take it out for me.  My wheelchair doesn't work moving through the rutted alley, so I depend on the kindhess of stangers.  I guess there were no kind people yesterday.

When the Safeway delivery guy arrived and openned the door, I saw that the bag was ripped open and the garbage scattered around the hall..  Since they leave the outside door propped open now, I assume that the raccoons paid a visit last night.  Either that, or the little brat across the hall.  Tyler, the very sweet hunk delivery man offered to clean up the garbage for me, and then he took it out to the dumpster for me.  What a sweetheart!  And they can't accept tips.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »

I put my bag of garbage out in the hall yesterday, hoping the assistant manager would notice it and take it out for me.  My wheelchair doesn't work moving through the rutted alley, so I depend on the kindhess of stangers.  I guess there were no kind people yesterday.

When the Safeway delivery guy arrived and openned the door, I saw that the bag was ripped open and the garbage scattered around the hall..  Since they leave the outside door propped open now, I assume that the raccoons paid a visit last night.  Either that, or the little brat across the hall.  Tyler, the very sweet hunk delivery man offered to clean up the garbage for me, and then he took it out to the dumpster for me.  What a sweetheart!  And they can't accept tips.

Perhaps you could offer other services? Invite him to dinner?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »

DR JMK

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »

I'm getting ready for this event at Sardi's. I hope it goes well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »

This morning, I built some barricades from an old book shelf (Very Les Mis )- for the dogs, of course.  They bark at the dogs next door, etc, so hopefully this will help a little. 

Poor guys, you want to ruin their fun.  ;)

Jane

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »

Interesting notes by bk about James Bond. I saw Dr No when it was first released and loved it but it was Goldfinger which brought everything together and which remains my favorite. I never had a problem with George Lazenbury and OHMSS was one of the very best Bond films. I can't stand the reboot films with Daniel Craig - they are just routine action films using the name of the character. I always thought that for a reboot they should have gone back to the source material and set the films in the '50s at the height of the cold war, which was the most sensible era to have a spy film.

You make a very good point about taking the plots back to the '50's.

Keith & I have always been fans of the George Lazenbury film.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »

That was very, very nice of him.

Why are they leaving the outside door propped open?  Is that for you?

Jane

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »

I'm getting ready for this event at Sardi's. I hope it goes well.

Vibes it does & you have a good time.

John G.

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »

You make a very good point about taking the plots back to the '50's.

Keith & I have always been fans of the George Lazenbury film.

I am, too, but more for Diana Rigg than Lazenby.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »

That was very, very nice of him.

Why are they leaving the outside door propped open?  Is that for you?

The women across the hall started to do it after they moved in.  I think they use it for cross ventilation.  And it does make it easier for me to get in and out of the door, because that sucker is really heavy.  Once the weather starts to turn cold, I think they will figure out that they are wasting energy, and will keep the door closed.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »

Is this coming Monday, Columbus Day?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »

Up from a nap. Watching "Gosford Park," which I haven't seen since it came out. Very interesting movie in light of "Downton Abbey." And Maggie Smith is great  in both.  
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »

We (State Employees) gave up that holiday in exchange for the day after Thanksgiving.  I never understood the need to go shopping on that Friday, but then I hate to shop!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »

Up from a nap. Watching "Gosford Park," which I haven't seen since it came out. Very interesting movie in light of "Downton Abbey." And Maggie Smith is great  in both.  

I had to watch it with the subtitles turned on becasue I couldn't understand anything that was said downstairs.  In fact, I  could hardly understand the upstairs dialogue.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »

I had to watch it with the subtitles turned on becasue I couldn't understand anything that was said downstairs.  In fact, I  could hardly understand the upstairs dialogue.
I have to do that with my parents and any British movie.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2012, 03:02:12 PM »

We (State Employees) gave up that holiday in exchange for the day after Thanksgiving.  I never understood the need to go shopping on that Friday, but then I hate to shop!

I don't care to shop the day after Thanksgiving and I would still prefer that Friday off vs Columbus Day. 

Jane

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2012, 03:02:27 PM »

;D

Jane

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »

I have to do that with my parents and any British movie.

You mean when watching with your parent's vs when they are speaking.  LOL At first I was confused.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up