Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A DIFFERENT MEAT  (Read 36681 times)

Jason

Re:A DIFFERENT MEAT
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2005, 12:30:32 PM »

Cameron is the King of Merchandising. How do you think he makes all of his money??

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2005, 12:32:28 PM »

And JRand too!

Now if either of you can explain how to use the Professor's "3-D BB," that would be swell.

I'm drawing a blank on that one.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2005, 12:35:33 PM »

Cameron is the King of Merchandising. How do you think he makes all of his money??

True.  I remember someone saying that his primary method of producing a show is:

Step #1:  Come up with a show.
Step #2:  Come up with the show's logo.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2005, 12:42:04 PM »

I just read on Playbill that LATINOLOGUES - the new tenant at the Helen Hayes Theatre - increased their box office percentage this week by 3.4% to a whopping 16.6%!!! They brought in ALMOST $38,000. WICKED brought in $1,263,292.

Sad to be all Latino in the world...

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2005, 12:42:30 PM »

From Vixmnom:You called me Ann ;DI couldn't function at all without my thyroid supplement-GOOD HEALTH VIBES!

DR ANN and DH Keith

~~~~~~RAPID KITCHEN RENOVATIONS VIBES~~~~~~~

:o ::) ;D :-X So I did!  Ah lack of thyroid supplement should make this a VERY interesting  walk and eat tour as I slowly lose all my short term memory.  I am quickly turning into Dory the Fish
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jed

« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2005, 12:46:52 PM »

I can just imagine vixmom walking along the streets of Manhattan chanting, "Just keep eating, just keep eating..."
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2005, 12:48:48 PM »

I just read on Playbill that LATINOLOGUES - the new tenant at the Helen Hayes Theatre - increased their box office percentage this week by 3.4% to a whopping 16.6%!!! They brought in ALMOST $38,000. WICKED brought in $1,263,292.

Sad to be all Latino in the world...

I saw that when it came out of the fax here, and I guess it was indicative of the situation that it was the first time I ever heard of LATINOLOGUES.

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2005, 12:51:47 PM »

I also am disappointed that KIDS are being included in THE AMAZING RACE.  I will watch it, but I think a great deal of the dynamic will be lost when you have parents and kids.  

Remember that many teams don't have kids.  And also of the teams that have kids, some of them are 17ish.  There are only 2 little kids.  And a few other 11-13s.  There will be a lot of teams made up of adults.

It will be interesting to see if any of the kids turn out to be more interesting than the adults.  Or if their parents will let them control any of the game.  Maybe not the 8 yr old.  But perhaps some 16 yr olds will be smarter than the adults on their team.

Jason

« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2005, 12:52:20 PM »

And SWEENEY TODD is listed on TDF for its second week of previews. At the discounted price - for a preview - they're asking $33.75. FOR A PREVIEW!!! AT A DISCOUNT!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2005, 12:52:23 PM »

I can just imagine vixmom walking along the streets of Manhattan chanting, "Just keep eating, just keep eating..."

If she were in the company of DR JoseSPiano and DR Jason, she'd be so busy eating she wouldn't have time to chant!

;D  :D  ;)  ;D  :D  ;)  ;D  :D  ;)  ;D  :D  ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 12:54:40 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2005, 12:52:42 PM »

Maybe it's NCIS - with Don Johnson!  That's one of my favorite shows.  David McCallum is in it, too!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2005, 12:55:59 PM »

I'm drawing a blank on that one.

Me too.  I just figured out the Beta Disintegrator that DRMBARNUM's friend Laurie Mitchell was planning to use to blow up the earth.  ;D

Jason

« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2005, 12:56:22 PM »

If she were in the company of DR JoseSPiano and DR Jason, she'd be so busy eating she wouldn't have time to chant!

;D  :D  ;)  ;D  :D  ;)  ;D  :D  ;)  ;D  :D  ;)

DR Ron Pulliam - I would tread that ground veeery lightly.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2005, 12:57:37 PM »

What about all that money he made on MOBY DICK?

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2005, 12:58:42 PM »

Re: MEDIUM (no spoilers0.

One thing I like about the show is that they try hard not to throw too much of her abilities in our faces.  She dreams things, and she is passionate about the cases she works on.  But it all seems totally plausible.

We know that she sees so many more things.  But the writers don't force the viewers to handle too much.

One thing I wonder though is if the real Alison really solves cases. And if most of what she sees happens in her dreams.  It's a very interesting concept.  And since we all dream, it sort of makes it more relatable.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2005, 12:59:43 PM »

Surely they are not filming EVERYONE HATES CHRIS is Mr BK's neck of the woods.

Maybe it's NUMB3RS. MEDIUM, or THRESHOLD!

Jason

« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2005, 12:59:47 PM »

What about all that money he made on MOBY DICK?

Didn't you hear? That money is really what kept LES MIZ running for so long.  ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2005, 01:06:42 PM »

Numbe3s isn't the show it was.  Sadly we removed it from TIVO.  We simply don't care for the changes in the show, and I miss Sabrina Lloyd.  Does anyone know why she left the series?

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2005, 01:10:05 PM »

TOD - By far, my favorite item is the souvenir program book that I bought at my first Broadway show, Cabaret, in 1967.  We saw the original cast, waited at the stage door, and I got autographs from Joel Grey, Lotte Lenya, Jack Gilford, and Bert Convy.  While standing there, we also saw Robert Preston and Mary Martin come out from I Do, I Do!.  Probably 20 years later, when Joel Grey toured to Cincinnati's Music Hall in Cabaret, I took along that program book and he signed it again!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2005, 01:12:31 PM »

DR RonP, I have a question about listening (watching?) the fishbowl stuff you mentioned?  After you find what you want and click on play what do you have to do next? Do you have to do something to get it to play? (download it?).  I thought it would be just like House Calls where the show would just start when you clicked on it.  Thanks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2005, 01:23:59 PM »

Spam is the most different meat I know about.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2005, 01:26:30 PM »

DR RonP, I have a question about listening (watching?) the fishbowl stuff you mentioned?  After you find what you want and click on play what do you have to do next? Do you have to do something to get it to play? (download it?).  I thought it would be just like House Calls where the show would just start when you clicked on it.  Thanks.

The show just started when I clicked it.

It may be that you haven't downloaded the kind of software needed to hear it.  I don't know what kind that is, but I have several kinds on my home computer.  It didn't tell me to load anything...I waited a while before it started, but start it did.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2005, 01:27:44 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I would tread that ground veeery lightly.

DR Jason, I retract you from my attempt at humor.  Did not realize it was such a sensitive issue as to merit a threat.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2005, 01:29:36 PM »

DR JOSE - a first date AND a second date.  Moving to NYC has certainly added to your social life!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2005, 01:31:10 PM »

Oh. a window card signed by the LA cast of SUNSET BOULEVARD.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2005, 01:31:45 PM »

Brian D'Arcy James was brilliant at the Alan Menken concert at Merkin Hall last night, as was Kerry Butler, BTW.  I think people are going to be delighted with the "new" LITTLE MERMAID numbers, which were debuted last night, and the two of them were fantastic performing those numbers, as was Michael McGrath.

I'm curious...do you (or anyone else) know who wrote the new lyrics?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 01:32:11 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2005, 01:34:40 PM »

If any New Yorkers are fans of Jane Powell, she will be appearing in the flesh at the Museum of Television and Radio on Sept. 29th when they show her TV special from RUGGLES OF RED GAP. She will do a question and answer thingy afterwards which will be moderated by Rick McKay.

I wish I could be there to see it!  :(

As a matter of fact, in the next several weeks the museaum will be screening several vintage television musicals (most from the 50s and 60s). Some interesting titles http://www.mtr.org/

I have this album!  I think it's been posted here before (not in a while, though), but the music to "You'll Never Get Away From Me" in Gypsy was actually written as "I'm In Pursuit of Happiness" for RUGGLES.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2005, 01:35:16 PM »

DR Jason, I retract you from my attempt at humor.  Did not realize it was such a sensitive issue as to merit a threat.

I'm an actor. Of course it is.

I'm kidding - sort of. I've always have body-image issues, but never as severely as when I got to graduate school. My director actually told me three days into the program that he would have cast me in the role of Freddy Eynsford-Hill and not as his understudy had I been 20 lbs. lighter. He then suggested to me that if I ever expected to play Toby or any other lead in SWEENEY TODD that I should lose that 20 lbs. So I did. And then he told me I needed to tone and tighten.  He yelled across the orchestra pit one night, "Suck it in, Bratton!" Ever since then I've considered myself to be a 'husky' actor when in truth, I'm probably not nearly as big as I think I am.

Since moving to NYC and taking a desk job I have gained at least 15 pounds. Unfortunately, the longer I'm at this job, the more depressed I get and the more depressed I get, the more I eat. It's a cycle.  I know a lot of it is my fault, so I try not to let it get to me too much. But it does.

You can thank Dr. David Herendeen for that. Who, by the by, happened to call me at work today. I'd have rather pulled my own tooth with a rusty pair of pliers than speak to that man again.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2005, 01:35:58 PM »

DR Jennifer, I can explain what the rating and share terms mean very easily.

The rating is the percentage of TV sets in the country tuned to a certain show at a certain time. Share means the percentage of the viewing audience that is watching a particular show at a certain time.

For example - last night, CSI: MIAMI had a 11.2 rating and a 17 share. That means 11.2 per cent of AMerican TVs were tuned to CBS for the 10 o'clock hour last night for at least part of the show. That amounts to 17 per cent of the American viewing public.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2005, 01:40:56 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed MEDIUM when I watched it this afternoon. I thought the comclusion was kind of abrupt. I guess I like for them to bask in the solution to the puzzle, and this show doesn't often do that. Still, fine show.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up