Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PIT-A-PAT  (Read 11018 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: PIT-A-PAT
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »

The guy I was interested in actually said he HATES cats....and he repeated it.....How on earth can anyone hate cats....and he dislikes deer.   Good grief....guess I won't be distracted by him anymore

He's not for you, Cillaliz! Wash that man right outa your hair!

Exactly!  As they say...good riddance to bad rubbish!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2010, 04:51:05 PM »

The guy I was interested in actually said he HATES cats....and he repeated it.....How on earth can anyone hate cats....and he dislikes deer.   Good grief....guess I won't be distracted by him anymore

I've know people who say they don't like cats, until they spent time with mine & then became converts.   Hate is a very strong reaction.  Often there is a story behind the reason.   Was his comment directed at your cats while you discussed the windows?  :(

George

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »

I see that the Tony-winning musical NEXT TO NORMAL has won this year's Pulitzer Prize for Drama. I love when a musical wins this prize.

Cool!  There used to be a theater group here in Olympia that did its own annual "Magic of Broadway" revue (very cheap to produce ;)).  They ususally picked a couple of composers/song writing teams and did revues with their material.  One year (this was in the late 1990s, very early 2000s), I was asked if I had an idea that they could do...something different than what they'd been doing.  I suggested doing the musicals that had won the Pulitzer Prize for drama!  They loved the idea.  By this time, Rent had won the award and was only the seventh musical to win.  In doing research however, we found out that Oklahoma! had won a special Pulizter Prize, so we felt justified in adding that to the revue so that we could have four shows per act because we could only use three songs per show.  The Oklahoma! section was used at the end of act I, and the title song was a great way to send people out for the intermission.

We wanted to add a little bit of dramatic context (short scenes before songs, when appropriate), but were told specifically that we couldn't use ANY dialogue before or after the Chorus Line songs...no dramatic context at all.  So, we didn't.  We just sang those songs.  I got to do the Sunday in the Park with George songs.  It was a lot of fun and a great success. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »

Oh, talk about going from distracted to nothing in 2 seconds flat! 

;D 

George

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »

The guy I was interested in actually said he HATES cats....and he repeated it.....How on earth can anyone hate cats....and he dislikes deer.   Good grief....guess I won't be distracted by him anymore

I've know people who say they don't like cats, until they spent time with mine & then became converts.   Hate is a very strong reaction.  Often there is a story behind the reason.   Was his comment directed at your cats while you discussed the windows?  :(

Maybe he's allergic?

Jane

« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »

Even so I would say he is out of the picture.  Before we had kids my cousin got married to a woman who had a cat.  It turned out my cousin was very allergic to the cat & my mother was complaining to Keith & me that she should give up the cat.  She looked at Keith & said "you would do it for Jane".  After he replied no she expected me to be upset, except I said I wouldn't either.  She just shook her head at us while we laughed.

td

• td
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »

Here is a fascinating article about now gone local road side wonder.  I remember this place vividly because of not only what it was, but, where it was.  Every summer when I was a kid, this site was right on our way to the campgrounds and always an interesting place to stop for food and a potty break:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049351-37.stm?cmpid=HBEHTML
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2010, 05:05:34 PM »

Page Four Forgetful Dinosaur Dance.  ;D

LOL
You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2010, 05:11:24 PM »

Time to get ready for PEO....laters..

PEO?

Pigs Emitting Odor?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

td

• td
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2010, 05:29:02 PM »

Here is something we bought on one of our trips to The Ship Hotel:

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2010, 05:34:54 PM »

Nice td, especially now that it is gone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »

I'd say from the photo of The Brain Tap, they were influenced by the costume design from LACC (pictures of which are all over myspace).  So, that's fun.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2010, 06:12:05 PM »

I see that the Tony-winning musical NEXT TO NORMAL has won this year's Pulitzer Prize for Drama. I love when a musical wins this prize.

And it was workshopped early on at the Village Theater in Issaquah, WA under the title FEELING ELECTRIC; where they also workshopped a little show we like to call THE LAST STARFIGHTER.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »

Here is a fascinating article about now gone local road side wonder.  I remember this place vividly because of not only what it was, but, where it was.  Every summer when I was a kid, this site was right on our way to the campgrounds and always an interesting place to stop for food and a potty break:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049351-37.stm?cmpid=HBEHTML

That reminds me of Tacoma's most famous restaurant, The Top of the Ocean.

It burned down due to an arson fire in 1977
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:29:01 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2010, 06:47:33 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »

I watched A SERIOUS MAN yesterday.  What a peculiar little film.  :)  There was one segment in the middle that had me laughing hysterically, but the rest of it was so relentlessly dark that even I with my completely politically incorrect sense of humor found it hard to actually laugh at the goings on.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2010, 07:00:17 PM »

I'd say from the photo of The Brain Tap, they were influenced by the costume design from LACC (pictures of which are all over myspace).  So, that's fun.

I still don't know what our costumes are going to look like. 

I got a call earlier this afternoon from our stage manager saying that tonight's rehearsal is cancelled because we can't find a rehearsal space! :-\ The rest of the week is taken care of, but there was no other choice for tonight, I guess.

George

« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2010, 07:01:41 PM »

The up-side is that I have more time to work on my lines and lyrics. ::)

;)

Jane

« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »

DR Ginny, tonight I will begin reading DREAMERS OF THE DAY.   I didn't fall asleep until around 3:30 this morning so I'm not sure how much I'll read before crashing.  I need to be alert to discuss THE HELP tomorrow morning.  So far I haven't met anyone who did not like or love the book.  It will be interesting to hear what others in my book group have to say. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »

I watched A SERIOUS MAN yesterday.  What a peculiar little film.  :)  There was one segment in the middle that had me laughing hysterically, but the rest of it was so relentlessly dark that even I with my completely politically incorrect sense of humor found it hard to actually laugh at the goings on.
Great. It just came in from the library. I will watch it tomorrow or the day after. I like twisted, dark humor.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:26:51 PM by John G. »
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2010, 07:25:21 PM »

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2010, 07:29:17 PM »

Cable box is still out so I couldn't watch BROTHERS & SISTERS or anything else that was recording last night (THE TUDORS). If the craziness hasn't straightened itself out by tomorrow morning, I'll call customer service.

I'm assuming this is all due to the reorganization of the cable channels which goes in effect tomorrow. It would certainly be a HUGE coincidence that my cable box decides to die right at the time of the big changeover. We'll see.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »

I did go ahead and watch today's work project late this afternoon: SUMMER HOURS on Blu-ray. Looked beautiful, and with my familiarity with the story, I could pay closer attention to smaller details that enriched the movie for me on this second go-round. Good, thoughtful film.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2010, 07:31:07 PM »

I checked all of the bonus features and they're all in HD. The interview with the director is in 1080p. The others are all 1080i.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2010, 07:31:41 PM »

I was still awake at 3:00AM when I had to get up and pull a stuffed moose out from under Sherlock as it kept squeaking.  You would think he would get up and move off of it. ::)

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2010, 07:32:04 PM »

I watched another BONES episode: this was the one where Zach earned his doctorate and we get to meet Tempi's father (played by Ryan O'Neal). Another one of my favorite episodes from season two.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2010, 07:32:57 PM »

And the I watched tonight's '24.' Nice return of the infamous Charles Logan character and poor Jack suffers another personal tragedy.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2010, 07:44:21 PM »

Guess I'll finish up a few things here and then head downstairs to bed.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:25 PM »

Finished a motion picture on Blu and Ray.  I have to write liner notes but not sure I'll do that tonight or tomorrow at some point.

George

« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2010, 07:51:06 PM »

Well, since we don't have rehearsal tonight, I'm going home now, but before I do...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up