Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOCKEY PUCK OF LIFE  (Read 38117 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE HOCKEY PUCK OF LIFE
« Reply #330 on: August 31, 2005, 09:51:05 PM »

My picture made DR MATTH think of April Fool's day!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #331 on: August 31, 2005, 09:51:28 PM »

Just sent my request to have my STAGES CD autographed!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #332 on: August 31, 2005, 09:52:07 PM »

DR FJL, Jane et al...

I will be taking a final headcount for the food and walking tour in a week or so.

Right now, the plan is to start on the Lower East Side (LES) at The Donut Plant, and end a couple of hours on the Upper West Side (UWS), most likely at Artie's.

My preliminary plan calls for stops in six neighborhoods/areas.  I have one or two places in each area picked out for "sampling", and there will be about an hour in each area to explore and shop.

The day will start around 8:00 or 9:00, and we'll be sitting down to dinner around 6:30 or 7:00.

I'll be doing a few test runs of the route over the next couple of weeks.  And I'll be taking notes on where the public bathrooms are along the way.  :)

Yes, going walking from the LES to the UWS may seem like a lot of ground to cover - literally - but spread over the span of at least six hours, it should be very manageable.  And there should be time to freshen up a bit once we're back in midtown.  Just remember to wear your comfortable shoes and bring your umbrella.  -So, it won't rain.

*And as I hinted to DR Jane in an e-mail, there may even be a special guest or two along the way.

I am so looking forward to this tour! I cannot think of a better way to see New York, or better company to be touring with...and of course our guide-to-be is tops!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #333 on: August 31, 2005, 09:54:30 PM »

I've been thinking about shaving off the goatee. If and when I do, I'll put on a new avatar to reflect the change.

Hmm, perhaps I should snap a picture of DB Jed, so his avitar can reflect his current clean-shaven style :)

MBarnum

« Reply #334 on: August 31, 2005, 09:55:10 PM »

DRMBARNUM - Nancy Sinatra AND Chad Everett!

LOL! I was wondering if anyone would notice!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #335 on: August 31, 2005, 10:04:55 PM »

Great REWIND review excerpts!

Perfect timing for pre-orders.  The season at the barn will be over and no more spending more than $60 a week on gasoline!

Then of course, perhaps some employment will be in the works by then.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #336 on: August 31, 2005, 10:05:30 PM »

LOL! I was wondering if anyone would notice!

LOL...and you know who would!!!   ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #337 on: August 31, 2005, 10:11:16 PM »

The Sting has both a new 5.1 DD track and a new DTS track, as well as the original mono, which I prefer.

Cillaliz

« Reply #338 on: August 31, 2005, 10:13:23 PM »

DR FJL, Jane et al...

I will be taking a final headcount for the food and walking tour in a week or so.

Right now, the plan is to start on the Lower East Side (LES) at The Donut Plant, and end a couple of hours on the Upper West Side (UWS), most likely at Artie's.

My preliminary plan calls for stops in six neighborhoods/areas.  I have one or two places in each area picked out for "sampling", and there will be about an hour in each area to explore and shop.

The day will start around 8:00 or 9:00, and we'll be sitting down to dinner around 6:30 or 7:00.

I'll be doing a few test runs of the route over the next couple of weeks.  And I'll be taking notes on where the public bathrooms are along the way.  :)

Yes, going walking from the LES to the UWS may seem like a lot of ground to cover - literally - but spread over the span of at least six hours, it should be very manageable.  And there should be time to freshen up a bit once we're back in midtown.  Just remember to wear your comfortable shoes and bring your umbrella.  -So, it won't rain.

*And as I hinted to DR Jane in an e-mail, there may even be a special guest or two along the way.

Sounds like a lot of fun!  I do look like my avatar, so it shouldn't be hard to recognize me.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 10:14:49 PM by Cillaliz »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #339 on: August 31, 2005, 10:18:04 PM »

I am so looking forward to this tour! I cannot think of a better way to see New York, or better company to be touring with...and of course our guide-to-be is tops!

Aw, shucks!

I'm looking forward to meeting some more Hainsies and Kimlets too!

Hmm... Maybe I'll get t-shirts made up... Hmm...

"My friend went to New York City to go on this walking and eating tour of New York City, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...  Because it's now too small for my friend."

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #340 on: August 31, 2005, 10:20:35 PM »

Hmm... I guess I better make sure to tell the stage manager of A Woman of Will that I will not be available to play the show that night if needed.  -But since she opens just two days before that, I'm pretty sure a sub won't be needed that soon after opening.  But better safe than sorry.

Ohh... But if I end up playing another show that week...  Hmm...

http://www.awomanofwill.com
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #341 on: August 31, 2005, 10:21:38 PM »

Sounds like a lot of fun!  I do look like my avatar, so it shouldn't be hard to recognize me.

Or maybe we could all blow up copies of our avatars, mount them on tongue depressors, and use them as "masks"!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #342 on: August 31, 2005, 10:22:54 PM »

Or we could go the Merrily We Roll Along route, and have sweatshirts on with our screennames on them.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #343 on: August 31, 2005, 10:25:31 PM »

And speaking of pictures, here's a shot from my birthday festivities last week.  Ladies and gentlemen, I present the Men of HHW!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #344 on: August 31, 2005, 10:28:18 PM »

And here's another pic of the group.

*And, no, I have not been working on my tan.  What you're seeing is the effect of five and a half frozen margaritas.  I get very red - face, hands, etc.  Some people call it the "Asian curse".  I usually look worse than I "feel".  -Although, once I got back up to street level and took a deep breath... Whoa!

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2005, 10:28:37 PM »

I had a wonderful dinner this evening at a local Thai restaurant with a former co-worker.  

We shared some pra-ram pork and chicken curry, as well as a plate of appetizers of fresh spring rolls made of vegetables and chicken.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2005, 10:30:16 PM »

Well, I have a coaching at 10:30 to play for...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #347 on: August 31, 2005, 10:30:30 PM »

I'm getting rather depressed with the news out of the Gulf Coast....it's far more devastating than I think they even imagined might be.

I'm wondering if The Netherlands might provide some experts to come in and make recommendations for future projects to keep the sea at bay.

I don't think the pumps and levees are going to be much good for the future, especially if stronger storms become the norm.

Perhaps they need to build some dikes!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #348 on: August 31, 2005, 10:31:23 PM »

DR Jose. we need some names here... you and DR Elmore are obvious, you might want to fill us in on who the others are since they don't look like their avatars.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2005, 10:31:52 PM »

It's very nearly almost my bedtime, but I'm so "full" from dinner (and we dined at about 7 a.m.) that I don't believe it's in my best interest to retire just yet.

I've been putting off using my new nasal inhaler...but perhaps tonight it's what I need....

Stand by, though....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2005, 10:41:46 PM »

I don't know about anyone else, but I am REALLY excited about the upcoming pre-Broadway run at San Francisco's Curran Theater of the Elton John-Bernie Taupin "Lestat."

It starts around Dec. 17 and runs through late January, with a Spring 2006 bow on Broadway (if all goes well).

With John and Taupin working on this, I expect a lot.

Anyone else here an Anne Rice/Vampire Lestat fan(atic)?

Ron, INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE is probably one of my favorite books of all-time.  I never felt that the rest of the series lived up to that first book.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #351 on: August 31, 2005, 10:43:01 PM »

Thank you, MattH, for fixing my photo.  I am in your debt.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #352 on: August 31, 2005, 10:51:08 PM »

DR Jose. we need some names here... you and DR Elmore are obvious, you might want to fill us in on who the others are since they don't look like their avatars.

Well...  -Yes, I'm back....  In any case...  I think we/they all look like their avatars.

From Left to Right:

DR Rodzinksi (Tom), DR JoseSPiano (Jose), DR Ben (Ben) and DR elmore3003 (Larry)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #353 on: August 31, 2005, 10:53:54 PM »

You're freakin' me out, Dad.  A couple years back you had a pic that vaguely reminded me of my (other) father's brother.  Now you look like my sister's brother.  What the hell is going on in this family?!?!?
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #354 on: August 31, 2005, 10:57:23 PM »

You're freakin' me out, Dad.  A couple years back you had a pic that vaguely reminded me of my (other) father's brother.  Now you look like my sister's brother.  What the hell is going on in this family?!?!?

I look like your sister's brother?

« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 10:58:14 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jed

« Reply #355 on: August 31, 2005, 10:58:55 PM »

Damn!  My mother's brother!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #356 on: August 31, 2005, 11:03:08 PM »

You know, there are times I would just like to do mayhem.  I am still trying to figure out how to have downloads not saved in preview, which I cannot stand.  Anyway, I went to system preferences, and clicked on "monitor settings" thinking that might be something.  By so clicking it immediately changed the way my monitor looked, putting black bars on the sides, and screwing up the display completely.  Why would it do that?  How stupid can you get.  After doing a bit of screaming, I finally figured it out it had defaulted to a different pixel size, and I finally figured out how to get back to the way I had it.  But why would simply clicking on monitor settings cause it to default to some other setting?  I'm going to be calling Apple in the morning and reaming them out over this.

Tomovoz

« Reply #357 on: August 31, 2005, 11:06:48 PM »

Sister's brother was funny enough for me. Assuming of course you don't have brothers DR Jed.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #358 on: August 31, 2005, 11:13:11 PM »

Sister's brother was funny enough for me. Assuming of course you don't have brothers DR Jed.

One sister, one mother, and two fathers, one of whom looks like two uncles.  Quite enough for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #359 on: August 31, 2005, 11:20:27 PM »

It's seems that it is not only the language in the NW that is limited!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up