Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST BECAUSE IT'S JUNE, JUNE, JUNE  (Read 10366 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: JUST BECAUSE IT'S JUNE, JUNE, JUNE
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2013, 10:30:43 PM »

George, here is 24/7's take on the Nook.  Don't feel bad, JC Penney's is also on the list.

2. Nook

Barnes & Noble Inc.’s (NYSE: BKS) e-reader was destined to struggle from the start. It was launched in October 2009, roughly two years after Amazon.com’s Kindle, which was, and has remained, the market leader. Both products were hit by competition from Apple’s iPad before the e-reader business even hit its stride. Adoption of tablets is forecast to grow 69.8% in 2013, while e-readers are expected to drop 27%.

The Nook was thrown a lifeline a year ago, when Microsoft invested $300 million in Barnes & Noble’s digital business, but to no avail. It has been downhill since. Sales at the company’s Nook segment, which includes both the e-reader and online books, declined by 26% between the third quarter of 2012 and the third quarter of 2013. The Nook’s disadvantage may have little to do with its hardware or software and more to do with size of its online audience. It competes against much larger e-commerce sites that have access to hundreds of millions of new readers. While Amazon has more than 130 million visitors a month according to Quantcast, Barnes & Noble has just over 6 million visitors.

Read more: Ten Brands That Will Disappear in 2014 - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/2013/05/23/ten-brands-that-will-disappear-in-2014/#ixzz2V29qDY7G
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2013, 10:30:50 PM »

Seven!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2013, 10:31:07 PM »

Good night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2013, 10:32:20 PM »

Great pictures from TCB, Cillaliz and Vixmom.

Thank you, John.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2013, 10:33:48 PM »

She is on her way out east to meet with the guy who has been on tv for the prosthetic arm that your brain operates.  She's got a meeting to see if she can get into the study and get one of those totally cool arms

Is she coming to Long Island?  The local news had a story recently about a  local company that has developed some really advanced computerized prosthetics for amputees - they have been working with a lot of veterans of the Gulf wars

Baltimore

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »

I'm watching the 2-hour second season/series finale of "Smash."  Luke MacFarlane's playing movie star who did a Broadway show the previous year and now is on the Tony nominating committee.  I'd read that Luke was going to be a recurring character next season as a potential new boyfriend for Tom (Christian Borle), but of course the show's been cancelled. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2013, 10:34:58 PM »

Still a pain but easier to post here using my nook than it used to be.

That is what I have been wanting to post about, but kept forgetting.  24/7 Wall Street with their latest list of "The Ten Brand Names that they predict will disappear from America.  This new list is for 2014,  Topping their list is Nook. They are usually right about 50 to 60% each year, but it might be something to keep in mind when deciding on a e-reader.  They have a whole explanation for their choices, but I don't remember why the Nook is doomed.

I love my Nook....it will live on...

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2013, 10:36:27 PM »

Then I went to see my former cat sitter and get some rhubarb from them.

How is she doing now?  I hope you have told her that their is a whole group of people who have kept her in their prayers.

TCB, she is the one going to Baltimore.  I'm trying not to be too specific because she hasn't actually been accepted into the program/study yet.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2013, 10:40:52 PM »

How is she doing now?  I hope you have told her that their is a whole group of people who have kept her in their prayers.

TCB, she is the one going to Baltimore.  I'm trying not to be too specific because she hasn't actually been accepted into the program/study yet.

I'm sorry, Cilla, I wrote my comment before I read the rest of the posts.  I can delete it if you wish.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:51:25 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes for Callie and the compliments on her photo

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2013, 10:56:33 PM »

I've just been doing not much of anything.

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »

I'm sorry, Cilla, I wrote my comment before I read the rest of the posts.  I can delete it if you wish.

No, not at all.   I appreciated your comment.  She looks fantastic and is so excited about the trip.  She does know there are many many people who have her in their thoughts and prayers.   She has a deep belief in God and is thankful for everything people have done for her

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2013, 11:07:02 PM »

She did tell me that she wasn't surprised that Boo went after the last cat sitter.  She said Boo used to follow her around and watch her very closely whenever she got near Callie.  I had no idea.  She said there are a lot of things she didn't tell me.  LOL.  I hope she'll start to let me in on some of them.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2013, 11:07:45 PM »

She's going to text me when she knows more, but it won't be until later in the week.  I'm so excited for her

Cillaliz

« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »

Just finished watching Bucket List.  I saw it with the family years ago.  It was good to see it again

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2013, 11:10:37 PM »

Time for bed....night

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »

Good evening - I do believe all the furniture is purchased, put together and is in place.  Just a few more things to put away and I'll be done.  I'll post pictures if someone tells me how.  I'm also going to make a small video I think.  It's beginning to feel comfy here and I'm jiggy with that.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2013, 11:58:42 PM »

I just finished the series finale to "Smash."  I thought that it was a good way to end the show.  I really enjoyed the show.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up