Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PAPERBACK SHOW  (Read 15027 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE PAPERBACK SHOW
« on: March 25, 2012, 12:32:06 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were in paperback, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently reading a paperback of Eugene O'Neills A MOOn for the Misbegotten.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE PAPERBACK SHOW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:33:14 AM »

And the word of the day is: CANT!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »

~~~Continued Vibes for DR TCB!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:48:01 AM »

Even though I ordered the physical book, I just downloaded the Kindle version of Album Produced By...

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »

Today, I have to get up early (for me...on a Sunday) so that I can go with my sister and niece to Blintzapalooza: It’s more than just blintzes!

I've never gone before, but it sounds like fun.

George

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 01:05:44 AM »

Have a good day, all!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 04:36:47 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 04:37:38 AM »

I forgot until I got up this morning that we were playing bells this morning and rehearsal is set for 7:15. So, I'm off in a hurry.

Vibes for all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 04:44:38 AM »

To answer Cillaliz's question from last night: No, I don't know when the House Hunters episode with my friends will air. It was either May or March, but I can't remember. Do you know when the new season will begin?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 04:45:31 AM »

George, thanks for the link to the British theater archive. There are other productions that look great as well, including Daniel Morrisey as Macbeth.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 05:53:13 AM »

Yesterday DR Jane wrote:
You still gave it a good rating in spite of the annoyance.  For me it isn't so much rather I figure it out or not, more rather if I think the "reveal" is stupid or not.

DR Jane I think you read a lot of mysteries/thrillers. In those cases (or even when watching a mystery on tv) you have suspects. You think you might have guessed the ending. And often you'll be right.  But this book wasn't like that. It wasn't a reveal where maybe I was right. It was a huge reveal that was to me completely obvious.

But I agree in mysteries I often think about whether I think it is stupid or not.

Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 05:54:18 AM »

My cut seems to be healing. Doesn't hurt anymore. But you can still see a big mark. I am really hoping it will heal. It does look much better though.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 05:54:48 AM »

Good morning, all! The alarm went off at 6:30, but I dozed until 7:30; I was having this weird dream of being in a Spanish restsaurant, drinking sangria, and waiting for a dinner while I was running some sort of credit card scam.

Today is going to be a lazy day, and my goal is to accomplish very little and watch a lot of DVDs. I've got three Netflix films, the last sseason of BONES, a couple of operas and other things, but what I want to watch is the A&E PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and the last version of EMMA. Oh, Jane.

I do have to proof the last two scores of DEAREST ENEMY, Bows and Exit Music, and that shouldn't take me to long to accomplish. Then I can put those scores into their cartons and forget about them until the new edits come in.

More coffee and meds.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 06:02:55 AM »

Nice new nickname DR TCB.  No it is not Anne Maria Alberghetti....so who knows....not me.

Nice new radio DR CILLA LIZ.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 06:04:08 AM »

We are changing over to the new website for the theatre next Sunday, but for some reason the other webmaster has locked me out of the old website....auditions are next Sunday for CLUE THE MUSICAL which needs to be ON THE WEBSITE this week, but I can't get on it to add the info.

And of course there is no response to my emails.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 06:04:33 AM »

Glad to hear that the memorial went well.....I hope I don't have any of those this year.

Danise

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 06:24:39 AM »

Morning all.  Don't know what was wrong with me yesterday.   I was out doing my laundry and then grocery shopping when started feeling funny/strange and couldn't wait to get  home.  I laid down on the couch and next thing I knew it was eight o'clock in the evening.  I just got up and went to bed.  I slept the whole night away.

i'm going to church this morning with Thelma.  I figure I should say a thank you to the Man Upstairs. 

Be back later.  :)

Vibes to all who need them!   I'm just sorry the phone still hasn't made it to TCB.  I'll stop by the UPS store on Monday and ask if they can do a track.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 06:26:46 AM »

We are taking the NY Water Taxi to Ikea in Red Hook Brooklyn. It's a free weekend shuttle that runs every 40 minutes. We are not buying anything, just looking. We will see if what we want looks OK and then order it on-line. The delivery charge at Red Hook Ikea is $100!!! What we want is too big to carry and we don't have the car in the city so it's an on-line purchase. Let the UPS man deliver it. Yes, there will be a shipping charge but not $100.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 06:58:29 AM »

Morning all.  Don't know what was wrong with me yesterday.   I was out doing my laundry and then grocery shopping when started feeling funny/strange and couldn't wait to get  home.  I laid down on the couch and next thing I knew it was eight o'clock in the evening.  I just got up and went to bed.  I slept the whole night away.

i'm going to church this morning with Thelma.  I figure I should say a thank you to the Man Upstairs. 

Be back later.  :)

Vibes to all who need them!   I'm just sorry the phone still hasn't made it to TCB.  I'll stop by the UPS store on Monday and ask if they can do a track.

DR Danise, are you keeping track of your blood sugar levels? My initial thought to your grocery situation is that your blood sugar level dropped and you needed a lemon drop or a chocolate bar ASAP.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »

We are taking the NY Water Taxi to Ikea in Red Hook Brooklyn. It's a free weekend shuttle that runs every 40 minutes. We are not buying anything, just looking. We will see if what we want looks OK and then order it on-line. The delivery charge at Red Hook Ikea is $100!!! What we want is too big to carry and we don't have the car in the city so it's an on-line purchase. Let the UPS man deliver it. Yes, there will be a shipping charge but not $100.

DR Ben, while you're there, would you see if Ikea has any bookcases around 8 inches deep and 21-23 inches wide? I don't care about height.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 07:01:20 AM »

I just heard from my friend Philip  that he is free to record in August if we need him. Hooray!

KevinH

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 07:16:19 AM »

Good morning!

Ben

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 07:33:30 AM »

Wow, was I wrong about Ikea and on-line purchase shipping charges. If a piece is over 70 pounds there is a minimum $99 shipping charge!!! The delivery price is also based on the price of the item. If it's over $200 you pay $99 for shipping. If the piece is less than 70 pounds and under $200 the minimum delivery charge is $19.15.

I guess they expect people to go there in person with a vehicle.

Larry here is a link to bookcases. They don't seem to have any with 8 inch depth shelves. It looks like they are all 11 inch depth and the width is also more than you want.

The cheap bookcase Laiva comes closest and the Billy bookcase for $49.99 is also close but that's it. Hover your cursor over the pictures and they give you the dimensions for the pieces and click on the picture and it will show you the piece full size.

Ikea Bookcases

Michael

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 07:51:48 AM »

good day to all

Doing my taxes today.
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 08:09:01 AM »

JR, it *almost* looks like Natalie Wood, though I don't think it is.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 08:09:45 AM »

I am a HOUSE HUNTERS addict, much to Betsy's chagrin.  I love all the versions of the show (including the new one featuring RVs).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Kerry

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 08:47:51 AM »

It's a semi-lazy Sunday.
I like boat races.

Doug R

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »

Starting packing for my flight to Prague for Tadlow Music's recording of Rozsa's "Quo Vadis". Really looking forward to this!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 09:05:19 AM »

Even though I ordered the physical book, I just downloaded the Kindle version of Album Produced By...

:D

I just checked; it is not available on the Nook yet
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 09:18:40 AM »

I'm up, barely, and will shortly be on my way to the paperback show.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up