Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOST HAPPY FELLA  (Read 26625 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE MOST HAPPY FELLA
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:18:06 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were most happy and were written by a fella, and now it is time for you to post until the MOOst happy cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE MOST HAPPY FELLA
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 12:18:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: CABOTAGE!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 12:33:10 AM »

TOTD:
Spring will be a little late this year
Inch worm
My heart is so full of you
Warm all over
No two people
I've never been in love before
On A Slow boat to China
Baby it's cold outside
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:50:28 AM »

TOD

Anywhere I Wander
More I Can Not Wish You

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 12:50:56 AM »

Topic of the day...

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Brotherhood of Man 
I Believe in You 
My Heart Is So Full of You (I love the version that Liz Callaway sings)
Never Will I Marry
On A Slow Boat to China
Just about anything from Guys and Dolls
Just about anything from The Most Happy Fella

and many others ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 12:52:11 AM »

I wonder how many versions of Guys and Dolls George has?

der Brucer

George

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 12:55:43 AM »

I wonder how many versions of Guys and Dolls George has?

der Brucer

Only six or seven...I think. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 01:05:31 AM »

I went to Borders last night with a coupon to get 40% off three CDs!  I bought Dave Koz's "At the Movies - Double Feature" (it includes a DVD), Barry Manilow's "The Greatest Songs of the Seventies" (with also includes the dual-disc CD/DVD) and for something completely different, someone I’ve never heard of, Moya Brennan's "An Irish Christmas."  I'm listening to that right now and it's quite good.

George

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 01:14:04 AM »

Yesterday, Jose posted...
Oh... And the 25th Anniversary DVD of "Yentl" will be released February 3, 2009. Just in case you wanted to know that.

It's about freakin' time, is what I say!  I bought the PAL, region 2 DVD from Amazon.co.uk in November 2005 (I checked)! 

George

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 01:15:20 AM »

And now, I must go to bed.  Even though I don't have to go to work tomorrow, I would like to get a good night's sleep.  So, I'm off.

Good night, Der Brucer and guests. 8)

singdaw

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 01:17:33 AM »

I'm off.

You most certainly are!     :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 01:39:47 AM »

MICHAEL LAMONT
ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK: “Happy Days — A New Musical” at La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts is an innocuously pleasing stroll down memory lane.

LATIMES

'Happy Days -- A New Musical'

Its artistic value rests close to nil…

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 01:43:45 AM »

PRESS-TELEGRAM

Silk Stockings: Reimagining a Cold War musical
Ross approached the Cole Porter estate about working on the play.

"I said, can I take a crack at it? At least it could be done in regional theaters and on the road, wherever. I think I have a way to make it fun and work again. Yes, it would be great if it becomes a hit, but I never make predictions," he said.

The press materials say this production is both "imagined by" and directed by Ross.

"It feels like a brand-new show that you've never heard before," he said, "because nobody's heard it.

"It's not daunting to put the whole thing together in two weeks, it's just an intense period, because there's no template. In 'Fiddler on the Roof,' you know you're going to do the bottle dance and you know you're going to sing 'L'Chayim.' Here, it's like, 'How far should we take that production number? How long should that scene be?' "

Ross said the production is essentially a premiere, because the book has been rewritten at least 80 percent and the whole structure has changed.

"But I tried to keep it as close to the spirit in which it was written without getting too campy," he said. "I think that camp thing is over. We passed that part. I think we're really interested in the reality of the love story.
"And the dancing is amazing," he said. "The original musical - even the Fred Astaire movie - had very few production numbers. So we changed that. The whole show, I hope, dances."

Well, I guess BK said it all.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 01:48:06 AM »

Python Devours Wild Cockatoo in Woman's Backyard Tree

Gee - two really neat, very graphic, photos.....

Jane would never forgive me...

der Brucer

Danise

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 01:53:55 AM »

Hi all,

I’m sorry that I just posted and ran.  At the time, I was just so tired and I couldn’t talk about the day.  It was just too much.

I wanted to do something special for my folks since this may be the last time I will make it up this way for a very long time.  I wanted to buy one of those dog statues—you may have seen the kind that I’m talking about.  The black lab with a bone in his mouth? 

Anyway, I couldn’t find one.  I didn’t think about the stores putting those kind of things away.  They are everywhere down in Florida.  They’re just kinda heavy and I thought it would put me over the weight limit with my bag.  The airlines charge a fee if you go over 50 lbs.

I went to a couple of stores and finely went to a Home Depot.  I was told if they didn’t have them, no one would at this time of year.  Well, they didn’t but after looking around I noticed a bird feeder pole and they the last of their wind chimes on sale.  I thought that would make a fine gift so that’s what I got along with some flower bulbs.  Purple for Mom and white for Dad. 

Then I passed a Goodwill store and decided to go in to see what they had.  I found a very nice angel statue, one of the Virgin Mary that must have been a plant holder at some point and another little statue of the Virgin Mary so I bought them all.

I then went to a local grocery store and bought 2 dozen roses and a gallon of water.

When I got to the cemetery, I had a fright because they had a crew out down the way from where I needed to be.  I thought they would stop me from what I wanted to do with Bear.  As luck would have it, they were only there for a few minutes and then they drove away.  I was afraid they might come back so I had to dig the hole for Bear in a hurry.

It was much harder then I thought it would be.  Not just emotionally but physically.  The ground was full of rocks and hard clay.  I didn’t get to bury him as deep as I would have liked.  I put his last chew and his favorite toy from when he was a puppy with him.  There wasn’t room for his saucer (frizzbee) so I put that on Dads side (not buried) with one of the rocks.  I don’t think it will bother anyone.

I know this will be hard to believe but I’m not making it up—the sky was overcast yesterday but I swear that when I first put the shovel to the dirt to bury Bear, the sun came out.  Not for very long but I was so amazed.  It was one of “those” special moments like a sign from above.  I think Someone was smiling down on me and approving what I was doing.  It was one of those things you hug to your heart and never forget.

I took one of the little stones I dug up, used a key to write Bear’s name on it and laid it on top of where he is.  No one would notice it unless they really look and it won’t last long.  One good rain and the writing will be gone. Then I took some leaves (there was plenty of them around) and covered where I dug.  I hope they stay there long enough to give the ground time to look normal again.

Then I assembled the bird feeder pole with the hook and hung the wind chimes.  I put a dozen of the roses in the vase and planed all of the bulbs.   I sat the statues I  bought on the name plate.  Then I went down to Joe’s grave, put the roses in the vase, planted some bulbs and placed the small statue near the head stone for him.  I think the small statue looked really well because I’m never sure how things would be viewed by the family.  I don’t know if they would want or allow something from me.  I don't think it was overly flashy but showed my respect and love for my half brother.

Then I spent most of the day just sitting beside my parent’s graves, listening to wind chimes and thinking about them.  I know that wasn’t the smartest thing to do considering how cold it was.  I saw on the news that it never got warmer then 32 degrees but I couldn’t help myself.  I just didn’t want to leave.  I feel like I'm coming down with something already but I still would have stayed.

Before I knew it, it was after four and too late to try to meet with DR td.  By the time I made it back to the hotel, I was just tired and cold and very emotionally drained.  I didn’t want to go out again so I just ate that hotel restaurant then went to my room.

I did have one last surprise.  When I looked out of my hotel room window, I saw a deer in the wood behind.  I had hoped to see one.  The one on the side of road that I saw yesterday broke my heart.  It was a female and I know where there is one, there must be others but I didn’t see them. 

I pulled a chair next to the window and watched that one deer for quite a while.  It was a nice way to end a emotionally charged day. 

I guess you’re all wondering how I feel now that I’ve kept my promise to Mom and I wish there was an easy answer.  Walking away from those graves yesterday was about the hardest thing I’ve ever done.  I feel deep sorrow, loss, lonelyness, happiness that I did I promised, pride that did this despite how worried I was about doing it.   Yes, I feel peace but also I feel empty and drained.  Certainly this was a growing experience for me—I did this whole thing on my own with no help from anyone.  I got myself here, did what I needed to do and will see myself home.  I see that as both a good thing and a bad.  I wish…

Right now I’m in a whirlpool of emotions and it will take time to sort them all out.  I just want to go home and sleep in my own bed with Sheena beside me. 

Thank you all for your thoughts, vibes and prayers. 

Oh, and would you believe that I missed seeing snow—YET AGAIN?!   I was told by several of the people I spoke to in the shops that it snowed last night about the time I was online-- but it was gone by morning.  If I had only looked out the window—ahh well.  Maybe it’s a good thing to have some goals left to look forward to.

I’m heading back to bed (after I look out the window).

G’night all.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 02:15:18 AM »

Oh, and would you believe that I missed seeing snow—YET AGAIN?!   I was told by several of the people I spoke to in the shops that it snowed last night about the time I was online-- but it was gone by morning.  If I had only looked out the window—ahh well.  Maybe it’s a good thing to have some goals left to look forward to.

I’m heading back to bed (after I look out the window).

G’night all.

Happy "Snow Dreams" for Danise!

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 03:06:17 AM »

Wonderful, DR Danise.   Thank you for sharing that with us!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 03:38:07 AM »

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY

TO ALL OUR HHW VETERANS

THANK YOU!!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 03:40:05 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 03:41:30 AM »

((((((((((((DANISE)))))))))))))

DERBRUCER

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 03:43:15 AM »

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY

TO ALL OUR HHW VETERANS

THANK YOU!!!

Fixed the [/size] didn't ya!

der Brucer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 04:07:40 AM »

Thank you for sharing your day with us, DR DANISE.....  Lovely.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 04:07:53 AM »

No mail today....no mail.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 04:15:28 AM »

Frank Loesser....well my list would be too long....so I will add one that might not be completely familiar to everyone:

I Wish I Didn't Love You So (covered by lots of people, but written for Betty Hutton - here she is about a minute into this scene)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jqrfn_zhI8&feature=related

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 04:19:20 AM »

Ahh....Julia, you know how it is....it's summer time, show business is dead.  Come back in September.

In September, we'll be dead!

vixmom

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 04:26:41 AM »

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY

TO ALL OUR HHW VETERANS

THANK YOU!!!

Fixed the [/size] didn't ya!

der Brucer

no - actually it seems that the must be INSIDE the
or it won't work

vixmom

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 04:27:42 AM »

I don't think I have ever seen Most Happy Fella -- I suppose I shall have to remedy that situation

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 04:31:12 AM »

DRMBARNUM posted a pumpkin baby....LOL....and more photos on his Facebook page....cute!

Ben

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 04:32:25 AM »

Hey, JR, you use AVG for anti-virus, don't you? A friend is looking for a free anti-virus program and asked for some recommendations. The one I use is a bit too complex for her (she's somewhat technically challenged). She doesn't go on-line much and doesn't want to pay for something like Norton or MacAfee plus renewing it every year and then buying a new one when they decide they need to toss the old program, etc., etc., etc.

So, how does AVG work for you? Are you happy with it? Does it slow down your system? Is it fairly easy to use and understand?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 04:49:26 AM »

yes to all those questions, DR BEN.

You can check it out for her and she can download it here:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/grisoft-rolls-out-2008-version-of-avg-anti-virus/

Only slows you down when you are doing a scan....I have mine set up to do it early in the morning.

vixmom

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 04:52:34 AM »

well I must go to work today so time to get ready - have a lovely day all!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up