Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I REST MY CASE  (Read 17286 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:I REST MY CASE
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2006, 08:24:52 PM »

Had a great visit with my friend Gregg. We both had wonderful dinners. I had a chicken parm that was to die for. Ate way too much, and my lower back was really stiff and aching this morning, so I didn't exercise today at all. I will have to tomorrow without fail.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2006, 08:25:01 PM »

Disturbing tv news tonight: some screwed up ass, in Brooklyn I believe, has been leaving out pieces of beef loaded with straight pins and two dogs have now been injured.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2006, 08:27:37 PM »

Page Six TARZAN Dance!!!

François de Paris

« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2006, 08:28:50 PM »

Francois -  Well your someone called today, He hung up when I asked his name...

Nah, that doesn't work that way.  :)

I think it must be a friend of Guy Haines! ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2006, 08:30:09 PM »

Gregg left a few minutes before 10, so I was able to see the wonderful PSYCH in its entirety. The mystery was easily solved, but the interplay between James Roday and Dule Hill was very entertaining, and George Takei made a fun guest star.

François de Paris

« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2006, 08:30:41 PM »

BK - I hope I'm getting brownie points for keeping the conversation going tonight.....no, skip the brownie points...send me a brownie!!!  I'm still dieting and have not eaten any of the chocolate I'm thinking about

MY brownie is over the ocean! :)

François de Paris

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2006, 08:31:37 PM »

Elmore, NBC is killing the soap genre by pimping Passions

Pimping Passions, title to my next book! Ah! ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2006, 08:31:56 PM »

I'll have to wait for tomorrow to give an opinion on MONK. It's on the DVR, but I won't watch until tomorrow.

I also have LADY BE GOOD to watch tomorrow. I didn't get to it today.

François de Paris

« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2006, 08:34:15 PM »

and my lower back was really stiff and aching this morning,

TC.... NO! I'll refrain! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2006, 08:35:40 PM »

I'll have to wait for tomorrow to give an opinion on MONK. It's on the DVR, but I won't watch until tomorrow.

Tomorrow's only a Monk away!

François de Paris

« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »

Just got this email:

Do you get $888 forFree in Vegas? WELL, you do at theVegasLounge:
http://www.livesuperb.com

Ain't life trhilling?!?

François de Paris

« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2006, 08:40:10 PM »

Welcome back from the grocery errands, DR Tomovoz! (!?!?)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2006, 08:45:01 PM »

Disturbing tv news tonight: some screwed up ass, in Brooklyn I believe, has been leaving out pieces of beef loaded with straight pins and two dogs have now been injured.

Simply crude and vicious...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2006, 08:45:50 PM »

Pimping Passions, title to my next book! Ah! ;)

Francois, keep it for the book but you dont want to see the show...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2006, 08:46:47 PM »

Anyone want to aim for 200?

François de Paris

« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2006, 08:47:27 PM »

Francois, keep it for the book but you dont want to see the show...

Oh, but you won't want to read my book either! :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2006, 08:47:30 PM »

Thank you François.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2006, 08:48:49 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night!

Tomovoz

« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2006, 08:50:20 PM »

"Monk" did not survive for long on Oz TV.  I watched 3 episodes and found the character too unbelievable to care about at all. (and they were the Emmy award nominated ones from Series one).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2006, 08:51:37 PM »

I know it's the Old Europe but have you gotten news of that 18 year old girl who has escaped from her abductor who kept her in captivity for 8 YEARS in Vienna, Austria?!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:12:18 PM by François »

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2006, 08:58:11 PM »

Page 13 story in our paper today François.
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2006, 09:03:26 PM »

Sad story DR ELMORE....sick sick sick.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2006, 09:05:34 PM »

Supposed to be ACT TWO off book tonight, but SOME people got to carry their books and so of course - we trying to go OFF BOOK got messed up....better the second time....

AND I had forgotten I bought a seersucker suit last MAY just in case I was cast in TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.....I was talking about having to buy one for the prosecuting attorney....when I was reminded I had one hanging in the hall closet...waiting to be altered.

And of course it fits Mr Gilmer like a glove.  The best thing I can say is that I found it TODAY and not AFTER I had gone all over HAA looking for another one.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:03 PM »

Watching Sunset Boulevard!

François de Paris

« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2006, 09:11:41 PM »

Kidnapped girl free after eight-year captivity

Deutsche Presse Agentur
Published: Wednesday August 23, 2006

Vienna- A young woman escaped to freedom Wednesday afternoon after eight years' captivity in Austria's most sensational post-war kidnapping case, said initial police reports. The report said Natascha Kampusch, who disappeared without trace aged ten on March 2, 1998, had been held captive in a cellar within 30 kilometres of Vienna.

Natascha's disappearance happened at a time when Europe was preoccupied by the notorious Belgian Dutroux case of child abduction and murder.

In 1998 she vanished on her way to school in Vienna. A nationwide search was immediately launched. Hundreds of police scoured the whole of eastern Austria. Helicopters were brought in, and rivers dragged. No trace of her was ever found.

On Wednesday afternoon a young woman suddenly appeared at Deutsch Wagram in eastern Austria. First reports said she was thrown out, or had jumped out, of a car. Austrian ORF television reported she had been seen "staggering around" in a garden.

The woman told police her name was Natascha Kampusch. Comparative DNA tests were immediately started. A nationwide search was launched for the driver of the car. Natascha's parents were called in to possibly identify their daughter.

Head of Vienna criminal police Herwig Haidinger said the Kampusch case could finally have come to "a happy end." But it was not yet 100 per cent certain whether the young woman was in fact Natascha. However, relatives had already identified her.

Haidinger said the suspect wanted for kidnapping was a 44-year-old man named as "Wolfgang P.", resident in the village of Strasshof near Gaenserndorf, where Natascha had apparently been held for most or all of the time.

Police said the young woman had told them her captor had allowed her to listen to radio, but only occasionally TV. She had had access to newspapers, but had mostly been cut off from the outside world.

Investigators said the young woman gave an appearance of "having been away from the light of day for a long time." Her skin was pale. Otherwise she made a good impression. "She expresses herself well, and can read and write," said an investigator.

© 2006 DPA - Deutsche Presse-Agenteur

François de Paris

« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2006, 09:12:53 PM »

Watching Sunset Boulevard!

Lots of traffic on it?! ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2006, 09:15:12 PM »

Lots of traffic on it?! ;)

More action in the pool.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2006, 09:16:12 PM »

It is 12:07 am EDST.....I am NOW Jrand56!!

And I have to work today.....  :P

Microsoft Dance!!!   8)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:16:50 PM by JRand56 »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2006, 09:16:19 PM »

Oh, but you won't want to read my book either! :D

Perhaps your book will be better than the show... Things have been known to happen good sir!

François de Paris

« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2006, 09:18:37 PM »

Details emerge on abducted woman's escape
The Associated Press

Published: August 25, 2006
VIENNA A young woman escaped eight years of captivity by bolting when her abductor stepped away to take a phone call while she was vacuuming his car, the authorities said Friday.

The Austrian police also confirmed that DNA tests had confirmed the identity of the woman, Natascha Kampusch. Relatives had already identified her, but the police had been waiting for the test results to remove any doubt.

Erich Zwettler, the head of Austria's federal police, said that the young woman escaped from her abductor in an unguarded moment while he stepped away with his mobile phone because of noise from the vacuum. The police had initially said she escaped when the small metal door of her underground cell was left open.

Kampusch vanished on her way to school on March 2, 1998. The man suspected of abducting her killed himself Wednesday a few hours after she fled and sought help at a home on the quiet street where she says she was held.

The police, who confirmed the identity of the suspect as Wolfgang Priklopil, a 44-year-old communications technician, said he had committed suicide by throwing himself in front of a commuter train in Vienna.

Photographs made public by the police of the hiding place where Kampusch said she was kept showed a small, cluttered room with narrow concrete stairs leading down from an entrance so small that it would have to be crawled through. Another photo showed a metal hatch that sealed the windowless, underground room.

Strasshof, the small town near Vienna where Kampusch was kept, is a semi-rural community where tidy houses adorned with flower boxes are mostly set close together. Children play freely in the streets and doors are left open.

Neighbors said they were shocked by the reports and had seen no signs of anything to raise suspicion.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:24:29 PM by François »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up